R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 07-29-2006, 05:56 PM   #1
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Jammin X1rtr to X1 CR factory team buggy?

hey i wanna start in 1/8th and cannot afford a special 2 or mbx prospec oran xray so i looked around found the x1rtr look very similar to the factory kit just needs machined upgrades is this correct can i up grade over time??
will this buggy match say a 777 sp2 if i can drive well?
lastly how good is the kit motor its a force .26 will that be enought to get me started? i know that it will end up being swapped for a v spec but for time being?
cheers all
M11
SP GT
SP 5.5,17.5
aus jd 2703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 06:08 PM   #2
Tech Regular

as far as the geometry of the rtr it is the same as the cr and will handle similar to the factory team edition unfortunately the materials used for chassis and shock tower will bend very easily and will need to be replaced, the cost to convert this car to a factory team is more than the price of a factory team buggy.

if you want to race you will find out that going the rtr direction is the most expensive way into the racing side of the hobby. as many on this board who have started can tell you. if your plan is to race you will be better off going the used route and buying good servos and a radio, then i would suggest a good beginner engine like the o.s. rg until your ready for your v-spec. if you search ebay you will be able to find good used pro level kits. or you may want to go to the track and buy from a local racer, things that are expensive on the kits like shock towers and carbon fiber, will last a long time after you have the car and the parts that wear will be cheaper to replace. instead of having to upgrade the expensive parts.

a little more money now will save you a lot in the long run.
Rocket42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 06:35 PM   #3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

yeh i thought so.
i have an m11 and was just gonna buy a reciever and 2 servo's as an upgrade but ill talk to my locals see if i can get a 2nd sp1 or x1CR maybe a mbx 5???
M11
SP GT
SP 5.5,17.5
aus jd 2703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 12:26 AM   #4
Tech Elite

jammin x1cr fte.. go for this .. no regret..
Attached Thumbnails
Jammin X1rtr to X1 CR factory team buggy?-x1cr-fte.jpg  
arghh is offline   Reply With Quote