R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 07-27-2006, 02:56 PM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 1st Annual RC Driver race of Champions! August 6th!

OK Driver's, don't miss this one! RC Driver and Wolcott Hobby are proud to present the 1st annual Race of Champions hosted by RC Driver! We have been personally gauranteed magazine coverage by none other than Greg Vogel himself! It is being held on August 6th. Track opens at 9:30 am and racing starts at 11am sharp! We have tons of giveaways from Novak, Tamiya, Trinity, Mugen, Cen, Great Planes, MRC Academy, HPI, and more! Raffle tiskets are as follows, every class that you enter, you will receive 1 raffle ticket. Don't lose it! Classes being run are 1/8 buggy, Arena truck (unlimited or truggy class), Production monster Truck (small block and big block), 1/10 nitro truck, and 1/10 electric Truck! First 75 entries will receive a free T-Shirt as well!
1st class entry fee is $35.00, each additional class is $20.00. See you here Sunday august 6th!

Please feel free to contact Wolcott Hobby 1254 Wolcott Road Wolcott, CT 06716 phone # 203-879-7766 www.wolcotthobby.com with any questions or concerns!

Last edited by Howard C.; 07-31-2006 at 07:04 PM.
Howard C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 07:30 AM   #2
Tech Adept

Default 1/10 buggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard C.
OK Driver's, don't miss this one! RC Driver and Wolcott Hobby are proud to present the 1st annual Race of Champions hosted by RC Driver! We have been personally gauranteed magazine coverage by none other than Greg Vogel himself! It is being held on August 6th. Track opens at 9:30 am and racing starts at 11am sharp! We have tons of giveaways from Novak, Tamiya, Trinity, Mugen, Cen, Great Planes, HPI, and more! Raffle tiskets are as follows, every class that you enter, you will receive 1 raffle ticket. Don't lose it! Classes being run are 1/8 buggy, Arena truck (unlimited or truggy class), Production monster Truck (small block and big block), 1/10 nitro truck, and 1/10 electric Truck! First 75 entries will receive a free T-Shirt as well!
1st class entry fee is $35.00, each additional class is $20.00. See you here Sunday august 6th!

Please feel free to contact Wolcott Hobby 1254 Wolcott Road Wolcott, CT 06716 phone # 203-879-7766 www.wolcotthobby.com with any questions or concerns!
looks like a good time but did i over look 1/10 buggy or is it not being run?
santinuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 08:54 AM   #3
Tech Initiate

Send a message via AIM to LugNutz Send a message via Yahoo to LugNutz

1/10 buggy will be run with the trucks if you choose to run the buggy..
LugNutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 09:27 AM   #4
TLRacing

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Not sure if the title "Race of Champions" should apply to a one day race....
Team Losi Racing (TLR) - Team Orion - Spektrum - JConcepts - Horizon Hobby - Stick It 1 - Sticky Kicks - Bradley's Fine Line Designs - liverc.com - OCRC Raceway - Tuning Haus - Pacific Coast Hobbies - RIP
Frank Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 12:54 PM   #5
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to squarehead Send a message via MSN to squarehead Send a message via Yahoo to squarehead Send a message via Skype™ to squarehead

...and it really can't be called an "Annual" event if it's the first one.
squarehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 01:06 PM   #6
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Howards, Please add to your sponsor list, MRC. I sent out a package to the store today.

DAVE G
Dave G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 10:18 AM   #7
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

thanks allot dave we will definitely add you to the sponsor list also we are running the CT state race inside this year it would be really cool if you could make it up, either way I will see you at Vineland for their race, once again thank you for sending up some product for this race.
Old 07-29-2006, 01:53 PM   #8
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

ok a couple of questions...

no electric buggy classes (2wd or 4wd) for your aug 6 rc driver race?

and now you move your CT state electric race indoors?

is wolcott an electric friendly track?
it's not looking like it, why don't you drop just drop the electric truck class all together , i had to sit through 7 30-min nitro mains a couple years ago to race my electric truck for 5-min, so I guess i will cancel my plans to go to you aug 20th electric race, I was looking forward to run on your big outdoor track this year
www.vintagercracing.com/forum/
TeamBrainDamage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 06:49 PM   #9
Tech Adept

I was hoping for a 4WD Elcetric class too. I was surprised to here the "CT Championship" was being run on the indoor track. Too bad.........
Lextek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 09:46 PM   #10
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quite frankly...if people showed up on a Fri nite with electrics to run outside on a weekly basis, Im betting Lester would set it up. As it is now, the outdoor track is almost totally dominated by the nitro classes. Im guilty here, as I am a nitro addict, so flame me if you will...I can't respond on their choice to run the CT State race indoors, but as for the weekly club racing, I give props to Wild Bill and a select few others for risking their stadium trucks against the nitro MTs n such. Ive been around Lester long enough to say that he will try as much as he can to run whatever classes show up. I think that if any blame is to be placed, blame ourselves, the racers and the classes we choose to race.

-Rob
NitroOB4You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 05:03 AM   #11
Tech Apprentice

"race of Champions" So, what former champions are going to this event. Do you have any ROAR National Champions going or IFMAR World Champions going? If you call it a race of champions I believe those should be some of the people attending.
When a tack has only been getting like 20 people to race adding a fancy name is really not going to help too much. It will only irritate those who drive a ways to go and see a small turn-out.
AETC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 11:17 AM   #12
TLRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by AETC5
"race of Champions" So, what former champions are going to this event. Do you have any ROAR National Champions going or IFMAR World Champions going? If you call it a race of champions I believe those should be some of the people attending.
When a tack has only been getting like 20 people to race adding a fancy name is really not going to help too much. It will only irritate those who drive a ways to go and see a small turn-out.

well said..
Team Losi Racing (TLR) - Team Orion - Spektrum - JConcepts - Horizon Hobby - Stick It 1 - Sticky Kicks - Bradley's Fine Line Designs - liverc.com - OCRC Raceway - Tuning Haus - Pacific Coast Hobbies - RIP
Old 07-31-2006, 01:01 PM   #13
Tech Apprentice

Talking For all the critics

Well, I am glad to see that we are in the company of world champions! Because as we all know, in order to knock a race that we are too good to attend, then we must be the best that the world has to offer. World Champions? Right? Was that the race title? Race of Champions, not Race of Wrold Champions, right? Lets see, we have Roar Region 1 and 2 champions coming, electric and nitro classes, Pro Series North East and Last Years' East Champions coming, we have a Roar national and SnowBirds National on road champion attending (races off-road in the summer), as well as numerour B team sponsored drivers attending. What are your titles? What is your world ranking that allows you to voice an opinion about a race that we will not attend at a race track that we have never attended in a sate that we have never even been in! You are the best that the sport has to offer? Correct? What better way to promote a sport than to bash it all over the place! Right?

Let's see, Race of Champions. It is kind of silly that I have looked all over the web and can find not set of rules or guidlines that needed to be adheared to for this race specification. I guess Wolcott Hobby and RC Driver Magazine needed to ask the permission of everyone on the board to use this race title. Right? After all you are the all knowing little people behind your computer screen bashing the sport once again. Right? 3500 miles away, are you coming? If not, why not? You feel you have the right to bash a race that you are too good to attend?

Well I guess that I have voiced my little opinion about people who have nothing better to do living thousands of miles away bashing a race that they will not attend, but buy the next issue of RC Driver and read about it. What a silly way to post an opinion, huh? Bash a race, then buy the magazine to read about it. Hmmmm Makes us all wonder.
spud2030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 01:03 PM   #14
Tech Apprentice

Default Small Turnout

Oh,

BTW on the small turnout, last trophy race at Wolcott Hobby netted 165 entries. Hmmmmmmmm small yup, you are correct again! Especially since you have never been there!
spud2030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 01:14 PM   #15
TLRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud2030
Oh,

BTW on the small turnout, last trophy race at Wolcott Hobby netted 165 entries. Hmmmmmmmm small yup, you are correct again! Especially since you have never been there!

Maybe if Babcock changed his leagues title to the "Jimmy Babcock Racing League of Champions" or JBRLC he would get 400 entries instead of 250 every months....

Just having fun...