R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 07-31-2006, 03:40 PM   #16
Tech Apprentice

Let me guess, the last big race was a pro-series race.... No matter WHO puts that race on there is a big turn-out!

Just seems like a cash grab by adding a fance name and throwing the R/C Driver name on it. To advertise it on here 10 days or so before the race smells of a place HUNTING for enteries!

What other advertisements did you do? Was it in a magazine? DOUBT IT!!!

Go to CRC for the Dash for Cash!!! A better place witha HISTORY!
AETC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 03:40 PM   #17
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud2030
Oh,

BTW on the small turnout, last trophy race at Wolcott Hobby netted 165 entries. Hmmmmmmmm small yup, you are correct again! Especially since you have never been there!
yeah 165, any electric?

I don't care what you call this "race of ___________"
lets fill in the blank.

I've been to wolcott a couple of times, but whats up with 6 nitro classes and 1 electric class? they don't even list a electric class in the weekly friday nite races. I live 3 hours away, I only planned to go to a couple of big races there this year, but since i only run electric right now,i guess its not worth the drive.
www.vintagercracing.com/forum/
TeamBrainDamage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 05:40 PM   #18
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AETC5

Go to CRC for the Dash for Cash!!! A better place witha HISTORY!

more like a dash for nickels, but hey, were all entitled to an opinion,no?

Last edited by thedoc329; 07-31-2006 at 09:29 PM.
thedoc329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 07:07 PM   #19
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBrainDamage
yeah 165, any electric?
It's not up to us who runs what class. If we had 20 electric trucks at our track, we would run them as well. The simple fact of the matter is that most people in the area run 1/8th scale and truggy in the summer, period.

We have an indoor track to run electric, and outdoor track to run nitro. It seems kind of silly to me that people who run electric in the northeast want to run outside where the weather prohibits us from running a great deal as it is, and when we do, it's usually very hot and dry and the track is dusty as a result. I honestly can't see why anyone with an electric car would want to run on an outdoor track, unless they just want to go fast. In that case, you're probably the kind of driver that forgets to turn at the end of the straightaway.
spud2030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 07:14 PM   #20
Tech Initiate

Send a message via AIM to LugNutz Send a message via Yahoo to LugNutz

Granted we have started to hype the race up a couple of weeks before the actual event. You are are right. But what you haven't noticed on the website is the race has been posted since the begining of the year.

And since the people are a little sore having our race scheduled the same day as others, we do apologize in advance. We didn't just throw the name on this race to get entries, we have this race to get people interested in the sport. It's funny how some people complain about this race that's sponsored. After all, don't we all want to see this sport develop? We threw in the 1/10th scale electric truck because of request, not to gain more entries. The track is 1/10 scale friendly contrary to this board's popular belief. More then 15 manufactures to supply the handouts and you're sitting there bashing the race?? If you are unhappy with the date of the race, name or because we have added 1/10 scale trucks, sorry to say, but we apologize in advance for trying to make this sport as popular as we can and noticed by more in the R/C community.

I race electric truck every friday night that I can make it. It's a fun class and there always a bunch of people that have them. I regularly race 1/8th scale and gas truck from time to time. It's R/C. If everyone had the same vehicle, it would suck. Can you blame the owner for trying to incorporate different classes into a race. Absolutely not. This will be one of the biggest races in the Northeast covered by a magazine. Join the fun and have a blast promoting something we all enjoy doing, racing R/C!!
LugNutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 07:31 PM   #21
Tech Initiate

Send a message via AIM to LugNutz Send a message via Yahoo to LugNutz

AETC5, I've found your post to be less then inviting. From the looks of it, don't want to jump to any conclusions, it seems you race 1/18 scale only. Yet you've posted the most against this race? Care to explain? 1/18th scale definitely picks up the crowds, I'm not going to say anything negative about that. I've tried it and I've found it not to be my cup of tea. This is not an electric race. Aug 20th is.. Once again, I want to let you know the class was added as a request, and I will be running in this class.
LugNutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 08:04 PM   #22
Tech Adept

Quote:
I honestly can't see why anyone with an electric car would want to run on an outdoor track.
This is a strange comment. It was nice to have the indoor race at RC Excitment for the the ROAR Region 1 Championships as a back up. It rained so we ran indoors. I'm pretty sure most of the guys would have rather been outside.
Lester always put's together a challenging track outside. I'm hoping to run my electric Sunday.
Lextek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 08:15 PM   #23
Tech Adept

Quote:
I honestly can't see why anyone with an electric car would want to run on an outdoor track, unless they just want to go fast. In that case, you're probably the kind of driver that forgets to turn at the end of the straightaway.
spud2030, That has got to be one of the dumbest comments I have ever heard. I won't even type what I'm thinking about your comment.....ends.

LugNutz, if electric classes are offered at your big races, i'm sure people would enter. I was just looking for an alternative for this weekend, since http://www.rcexcitement.com has a nitro only event this sunday. I had a good time at wolcott, at the 2004 electric regionals, and was just looking to return for some more racing there....ends
Old 07-31-2006, 08:15 PM   #24
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Lex, you're absolutely right. I had a blast at the summer slam on Excitement this past month. It was a good time and the indoor track definitely helped race!! Racing Monster truck indoor was absolutely insane!! It was soo cool to watch.
Old 07-31-2006, 08:48 PM   #25
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Thumbs up

I think it would be a little difficult to run EVERY class at just one race. It would take 2 days to run qualifiers and mains for EVERY type of RC made. What about 1/5 scale buggy and monster truck? The outdoor track seems to be setup better for 1/8th scale and the indoor track has smaller jumps so the 1/10s wont bottom out so much or have trouble reaching the lander. If it rains during the electric race (like it has almost every weekend) we won't have to worry about it. OF COURSE, if you want to run an electric on the outdoor track just run on friday night. Right?
Hydrodancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 08:55 PM   #26
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBrainDamage
spud2030, That has got to be one of the dumbest comments I have ever heard. I won't even type what I'm thinking about your comment.....ends.
That's fine. You have fun running on either a muddy track or a completely dry and dusty sandbox, spinning loose and getting your cars filthy dirty. I'll be sharpening my reflexes indoors in the shade racing on a nice, tight, fun layout regardless of the rain or snow.
spud2030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 09:54 PM   #27
Tech Adept

no problem guys, its all clear to me now,
i don't want to get my little 1/10 electric a dusty and muddy, and it might break in half landing on one of those big jumps you got there, hell I don't think I have the skill to keep it going in a straight line anyway.
Old 08-01-2006, 04:41 AM   #28
Tech Apprentice

I race most everything, it is that if i drive in from Vermont I really want to go to something good & fun. I HAVE been to that track (only once) and have found it to be less than enviting myself. I mainly race 1/10 Gas Truck and when I went th turn out was small and I was disappointed.

Now, You seem to start advertising a race only a FEW weeks before it happens and give it a fancy name, it honestly looks like a cash grab IMHO. Plus, it is on the same day as a race I have been going to for a few years, the dash for cash.

Sorry to flame on the race but that is what I see.
AETC5 is offline   Reply With Quote