R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 07-23-2006, 11:19 PM   #1
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default New Mamba Max 1/10th scale brushless

I was looking on a website, and on the Mamba site, and they said they are shipping out the new Mamba Max for 1/10th scale brushless, and the combos have been out since the 15th. Has anyone ran one yet? I am very interested in getting one, and they supposedly work with any brushed motor as well. Several vendors have them at ~$212, including Tower but showing them as on order
Thanks,
Rod

Last edited by gatermaxx; 07-24-2006 at 01:58 AM.
gatermaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 09:47 AM   #2
Tech Addict

I have had a 5700 system since last monday, i put the order in on the first. Unless you put your order in early i would wait till the rush settled, maybe a month or so.

As far as the system itself, its incredible, I have had a ten turn speed gems motor in my t3 before and it wouldn't even come close to what this setup will do at half throttle. I'm still looking for the right gearing but it shows an incredible amount of potential as the one to beat in the market. Some people complained about the wait, but in this instance, it was justified, as the end product is everything they said it would be and more.
crazyjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 01:39 PM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyjr
I have had a 5700 system since last monday, i put the order in on the first. Unless you put your order in early i would wait till the rush settled, maybe a month or so.

As far as the system itself, its incredible, I have had a ten turn speed gems motor in my t3 before and it wouldn't even come close to what this setup will do at half throttle. I'm still looking for the right gearing but it shows an incredible amount of potential as the one to beat in the market. Some people complained about the wait, but in this instance, it was justified, as the end product is everything they said it would be and more.

just wanted to know how the system feels with the factory setting?
Francis M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 08:17 PM   #4
Tech Addict

Sorry, was a little excited. it programs easyand with the factory settings its excellent
crazyjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 08:52 PM   #5
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)

from what I have heard they have re done the throtle one the esc and it is now extremely smooth.
party_wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 02:49 AM   #6
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to minijosh Send a message via Yahoo to minijosh
Talking

Yes these are great. I tried to make mine less powerful so I can race it in a stock form but I wasn't able to dumb it down enough yet. I had so much power on the straights, on carpet, I was able to break loose all 4 tires and couldn't control it. Better luck next time.

Joshua T
minijosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 08:10 PM   #7
Tech Adept

one of there ads says buy extra ca glue and i know a guy that had an early model of it and it said that he had to reglue after almost every run.
Myt3rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 11:01 PM   #8
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

reglue what?

I just got my 7700 and hooked it upto the CastleLink software.
Totally customizable throttle and brake curves, so getting it smooth off the line should be easily programmed into the esc, not by having to adjust the expo on my transmitter.
The adjustability and ease of use on the software is awesome.
I should be recieving my BJ4 in about a week. I'll let you know how well it runs.
cfwdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 07:26 PM   #9
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Just to make you guys drool a bit

http://www.pfmdistribution.com/backflip.wmv

Have never seen a 4wd buggy lift the front wheels and do a complete backflip from a standing start
ffactory666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 12:15 PM   #10
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

update on the mamba maxx and 7700 in a BJ4WE.

First driving was just out on my driveway, nothing special, new car (to me) and new motor.

Went to race Saturday, large, bumpy outdoor track with a couple of long fast straights.
I was getting used to the 4wd, i usually drive a B4, so i had to get use to how the BJ4 launches of jumps (flat, usually).
I had the ESC programmed to a low punch setting, and put a slight curve on the throttle response (similar change to an expo setting).
I am used to the Novak 5.5 which is VERY touchy off the line, and requires A LOT of expo setting to be manageable.
The Mamba was reeeeaaaal smooth off the line, and had ton's of punch.
I was running a 15pinion, 78spur, motor and ESC got a little hot, and I could never get to top speed, and never floored it. (didn't need it!!)
changed to 13 pinion, still never got up to speed, and still no need to floor it. Temps were much nicer, could hold my finger on motor and ESC.

Unfortunately, I sucked in the races. still working out bugs in the used chassis i bought. live and learn there...

So far, I like. Smoother than the Novak, with more adjustability for throttle control with just the ESC, not by dialing in EXPO on the trans, then I can fine tune with the trans settings.
I still want to compare my run times against the Novak 5.5, which were over 20 minutes in the B4 with 4200's.

Last edited by cfwdude; 08-21-2006 at 10:27 PM.
cfwdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 12:36 PM   #11
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Valentin.H

uh oh

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXNKU2&P=ML

cheaper than novak! only 205 + shipping for a 7700kv? OOOO i will ahve to see how this runs and get one myself if i like it

i think im gonna start breaking more parts..LOL
Old 08-21-2006, 06:53 PM   #12
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 111 (100%+)

I just ordered my Mamba Max 4600 an hour ago from www.b-p-p.com for just under $202 shipped. Looks like they are offering a discount from the $212.49 advertised price.

Not sure how soon I'll install it since I'm still learning how to race a stock B4. What have I gotten myself into?!
AaronR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 08:12 PM   #13
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Valentin.H

what have you gotten into exactly? probably a ton of broken parts if ur still learning from the stock b4. haha i suggest you grab some trackdots or cones, maybe have a lil mini jump or two, and set up a nice and simple track in your front/back yard or anywhere actually and practice until you get really good befoer u install that brushless..

i wonder how fast the mamba 4600 is...that 7700 seems way too fast
Old 08-21-2006, 08:23 PM   #14
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

From my testing the Mamba 4600 is alot faster then the Novak 4300 and the Mamba 7700 is just flat out scary! The 5700 is pretty darn scary as well.

I haven't had any thermal problems with the Mamba and it is alot smoother then the Novak. Works very well in brushed mode as well.

This is all done in a TC, on carpet.

Later,
CRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 03:05 PM   #15
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I'm still waiting for them to ship to my LHS so I can get one. But for now all I can do is wait and try to debate which part I think first will be. But I already know what my test is to see if I have too much power. Its if I can hit the throttle and do a back flip, that would be sweet. I'm still worried about the physco who gets one of these and puts it in a 1/12 pan car. That would be wicked fast.
seth556 is offline   Reply With Quote