R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 07-17-2006, 11:36 AM   #1
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default BK1 chassis replacement questions

Well, I cracked the chassis in my BK1 the other day, and am looking into replacing it. Will the BK2 or the new CR chassis work? would I be better off with either one of these, and keeping my old stuff? Getting a BK1 chassis ( if available) or buying a new buggy, and using this one for parts?
Thanks,
Rod
gatermaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 12:16 PM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Valentin.H

if the buggy suits you and your track and you still have parts available...then i would just keep the bk1...or you could always pick up a bk2.. i would say pick up a bk2 and use the bk1 as parts..you could use the rear tranny on the bk1 on the bk2 if u like

another option is to just pick up a plastic chassis or a ea3 chassis. 24 bucks at horizon for the plastic or ea3 chassis. it will fit your bk1. (ea3 is from the CR)
Old 07-23-2006, 02:10 AM   #3
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

All xxx chassis fits and there is 4 to choose from. (1) the original xxx chassis made from plastic, hard to get now.. (2) the bk1 which is graphite and very stiff.. (3) bk2 is the same as bk1.. (4) The new xxx cr which is a different material i think from what i have herd it is in between both not to much flex but not too stiff. I don,t know where you would get the new xxx cr chassis as the car is not realised yet or has just been.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtmCddStNyM

QLD State Titles winner in 6S EB CAT
MadRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 02:29 AM   #4
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I ordered one of the new chassis the other day, so hopefully it will be here the middle of next week.
Thanks guys,
Rod
gatermaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 10:37 AM   #5
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadRacer
All xxx chassis fits and there is 4 to choose from. (1) the original xxx chassis made from plastic, hard to get now.. (2) the bk1 which is graphite and very stiff.. (3) bk2 is the same as bk1.. (4) The new xxx cr which is a different material i think from what i have herd it is in between both not to much flex but not too stiff. I don,t know where you would get the new xxx cr chassis as the car is not realised yet or has just been.
The CR has been out a month now. Almost every shop should have the parts for it including the chassis.
Old 07-23-2006, 12:55 PM   #6
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)

If you are having success with your current buggy then I would just do two things. Replace the bk1 chasis with the crs chasis. It will make the car more durable and give it better traction. The bk1 is more suited for big out door tracks. The bk2 is more suited for tight indoor tracks. The xxx-cr is a mix of both worlds. If you do not encounter tighter tracks then the bk1 should be perfect for you. The one change I would make though is replacing the steering rack in the bk1 with the new one in the xxx-cr. It will make the steering more consistant under power. If you get the new cr chasis you will need to make the battery strap slightly shorter. The chasis flexes and it will push the strap againt the pin for the body pin that holds the battery strap in place.
party_wagon is offline   Reply With Quote