R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 07-17-2006, 11:46 PM   #16
Tech Initiate

Default Really ?

RC Gugu !

You leave people in the dust with your 5800 ?. Not what I 've heard. Oh, I forgot, you 're the guru so your 5800 must be tricked and faster then other 5800s. I 've asked around and people say your driving sucks. Do you really get the girls ? Wow !!! The short obese look must be in style at Socal.

Later dude.
Losiracers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 12:17 AM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Valentin.H

u need to stfu..show up next week and ill show u who is the better driver..noob

aye ur not so skinny yourself so i wouldnt be talking..

and you better stop the flaming before you get reported...
Old 07-18-2006, 01:05 AM   #18
Tech Initiate

Default Oh No, you didn't...

OH MY GAWD !!!! RC tutu used the F word.

I am not 5'3" and weight in at 200 lbs. So you 're the fatty.

Oh please, please, please don't report me. You can BS all you want, I promise not expose you any more.
Losiracers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 01:55 AM   #19
Tech Fanatic

Two thumbs up guys! I assure you that those of us who have NO IDEA who you are will all be thoroughly impressed by such a display of wit and humour.

KJkiller - a novak 5800 system will be fine for your truck. I know at least one guy who races at our track with the SS5800 and its been going strong for a few years now.

Im running the LRP 6.5 wind brushless (sold under the NOSRAM brand outside of the US) and... whilst it's a lot of motor for a 2WD - it's not too much motor.

If you're not a fan of motor maintenance then i REALLY suggest you look into a brushless solution.
Bit_Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 08:23 AM   #20
Tech Apprentice

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXFPW1&P=7
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXKSW2&P=M
Would this be a good buy then?
kjkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 08:50 AM   #21
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

that will beat your father rustler for sure! if i had the money, ide get one. though, you are not limited to novak. mamba now sells them, and some other company, i forgot its name...
Johnathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 10:07 AM   #22
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkiller
You might as well get the 5.5 motor, my uncle has one in his XXX-T and it's ballistic...
BobbyDoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 10:20 AM   #23
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to mafiaracers Send a message via MSN to mafiaracers

I would LOVE to either see or build a RACE-able Rustler. Like something that I could actually take to the track and be completely competitive with....and it's a rustler. That would rock my socks...

MAFIA MOTORSPORTS
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-items-sale-trade/168239-pit-board.html

TEAM WAVE
www.teamwaveonline.com

TQ Racing Wire
www.tqracing.com
mafiaracers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 10:26 AM   #24
Tech Fanatic

Here is the 5800 in a package with ESC.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LG4865&P=1

You will also need a different pinion for the motor. Maybe someone will chime in an give you a good starting pinions size for a 5800 in a XXX-t. Does the XXX-T use the 86 tooth spur gear like the MF2?
Associated TC7.1
Durango DESC410V2 Pro
sport10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 10:33 AM   #25
Tech Elite

anyway...

yes the 5800 brushless WILL leave your dad's rustler in the dust...i just practice, but i just love it when i wait for some of my buddies running 19t spec motors just eat my dust down the straight...lol its fun.

if you can afford it, and maybe even be able to handle the power...get the gtb 5.5...even faster..my buddy has it...he doesnt even use all the power..LOL..on the straight...i can keep up, but near 3/4s through the straight he pulls away...thats probably because i have mine geared to have stupid fast acceleration and have not so high top speed since socal straights arent that big.

btw, losiracers....if you think your so pro...meet me at socal next week..ill tell you when ill go...
Old 07-18-2006, 10:40 AM   #26
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sport10
Here is the 5800 in a package with ESC.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LG4865&P=1

You will also need a different pinion for the motor. Maybe someone will chime in an give you a good starting pinions size for a 5800 in a XXX-t. Does the XXX-T use the 86 tooth spur gear like the MF2?
the pinion you would probably need is the 86tooth spur gear like the mf2 (if the xxx-t doesnt already have one)

i would probably run a 19t pinion to that spur...that way you have the torque, but still get some high speed?
Old 07-18-2006, 11:42 AM   #27
Tech Fanatic

I would advise against the 5.5 for a two wheel drive stadium truck. The 5.5 is almost too much for even a electric 4wd buggy and would be bonkers for a two wheel drive truck. The lowest I would recommend is the 7.5. The 5800 which is a 8.5 is similar in power to a 13T brushed motor from what I have seen. The ESC that comes in the 5800 combo is decent but if you want to go to a lower turn brushless later you will need the GTB.
Associated TC7.1
Durango DESC410V2 Pro
sport10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 02:05 PM   #28
Tech Elite

yes i agree. my friend has the gtb 5.5 in his 2wd buggies and they are just ballistic. He had one in his xxx-4, and it was basically uncontrollable..
Old 07-18-2006, 06:00 PM   #29
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafiaracers
I would LOVE to either see or build a RACE-able Rustler. Like something that I could actually take to the track and be completely competitive with....and it's a rustler. That would rock my socks...
Been there, done that - and absolutely loved it. Get yourself a cheap rusty and head to www.ultimatetraxxas.com.

Basically, lighten the chassis, arms, braces etc with a dremel. Re-work the front end with the gear from a nitro rustler... modify the shock towers etc.

You have to drive the wheels off the poor thing to keep up - but managed to hold 2nd in the club championship with an "ultimate" rustler designed from that website - up against the graphite patrol from losi and ae. The losi so much nicer to drive... I can lap quicker with the XXXT without breaking a sweat.... but dont ever dismiss a rustler if someone plops one down on the track next to you lol.

The RTR XXXT comes with a different spur gear than the one shipped with "matty". I believe it's an 88 -green - in the RTR (dont believe the novak gearing guide on this one: http://www.teamnovak.com/download/in...ecgearing.pdf).

I run a 17tooth pinion with this spur gear on a 6.5 turn brushless and have no dramas with thermalling. But considering trying a 16 next meet.

Based on the novak recommendation in the above link, you want final drive of 12.3 for a 2WD stadium truck and the 5800. This would equate to a 17 tooth pinion (88/17*2.43).

Lol - i cant imagine what the 5.5 turns are like in a 2WD. No one at my track has been crazy enough to try it - but ive seen em in the XXX4's and the throttle is like a "wheelspin switch".
Bit_Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 11:40 PM   #30
Tech Addict

your dad keeps kicking your ass because he owns the checkbook. if you wanna keep racin', then you ought to let him keep kicking it.
Losi XXX-MF2/CRC SC
B&T R/C - http://b-treman-rc.valp.net/btrchome.htm
dirtracer1 is offline   Reply With Quote