Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
New to elec. need help. >

New to elec. need help.

New to elec. need help.

Old 07-11-2006, 08:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

When new to eletric racing, I would say you don't need that great of packs to start with. When I started racing electric (Had raced 1/8th scale Nitro for a while before) I found a couple guys at the track that each sold me a couple old 3300 matched packs for $10-$15 bucks a piece, and for under $50 had 4 battery packs that worked really well. Used them for practice and qualifying then used the good IB3800 matched pack I bought for the main.
Old 07-11-2006, 09:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jsmax
When new to eletric racing, I would say you don't need that great of packs to start with. When I started racing electric (Had raced 1/8th scale Nitro for a while before) I found a couple guys at the track that each sold me a couple old 3300 matched packs for $10-$15 bucks a piece, and for under $50 had 4 battery packs that worked really well. Used them for practice and qualifying then used the good IB3800 matched pack I bought for the main.

Really good advise!

J