Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Quick question time, does anyone happen to know the Tamiya Fox internal...... >

Quick question time, does anyone happen to know the Tamiya Fox internal......

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 09:05 PM
Tech Master

gear ratio and the gearing options (e.g was it limited to only a few specific pinion sizes).

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-10-2006, 08:38 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi Mabuchi540. Please dont shoot me If m not quite right on this, I dont own a fox, but did build a few many years ago.

The Tamiya Fox did have the option to change gear ratios, and the pinion sizes were from about 13 to 17 teeth. The pinions are 32dp, meaning that they are much more coarse than the modern tamiya stuff. If you contact your LHS they may be able to get them either from Tamiya or after market such as RW racing.

The manual should have the gear ratios listed in the back, if you dont have one you could try eBay, or looking at tamiyaclub.com.

Goodluck
Old 07-10-2006, 08:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Talking tamiyaclub

you should be able to download the manual from tamiyaclub.
im not sure if you have to sign up to get a low resolutin version or not but to get the really good quality download you have to sign up.well worth it but if you are into vintage rc.
Old 07-14-2006, 10:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

AHH the fox ,, My dream buggy when i was a kid. I now have over 5 of them and some in mint condition . I raced one a couple yrs ago and won in stock.. If i remember i worked out the internal ratio by counting the diff gear and idler than the spur. The Fox is moulded in one( spur ,idler) Sorry cant remember what it was but had to put the smallest pinion on to race stock . I think it was a 17. The ratio are given in the manual but only the pinion to spur not the final ratio. They was to technical back in those days..