R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 07-06-2006, 11:41 PM   #1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Tabushi Send a message via Yahoo to Tabushi
Default Orion CRF V6 Adjustable Clutch

Any experience with this clutch, it worth the price ?, the shoe set its about US$ 25, how durable it is ?

thanks,

E-Mail : [email protected]
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/patoconcha
Whatsapp : +56 9 66165085
Tabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 12:26 AM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I've heard of some people REALLY pissed off about them. A bunch of us around here have gone to the Werks clutch...they work very well and have almost no wear.

Speedtechnitro.com has them for $61.99 and I think shoes are $15 or so...but they don't really wear much at all. Really easy to adjust and really consistent.

Werks clutch at Speedtechnotro
Turbo Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 12:53 AM   #3
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Omnicron

I run Foronni Turbo Sliding Clutch and they are awsome. Way easier to adjust then any other clutch on the market. After 3 gallons I finally had to replace my first set of clutch bell bearings. The teflon shoes are prolly the best shoe to run imo. They have a smooth engagment and wear a long time.
Omnicron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 01:21 AM   #4
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnicron
I run Foronni Turbo Sliding Clutch and they are awsome. Way easier to adjust then any other clutch on the market. After 3 gallons I finally had to replace my first set of clutch bell bearings. The teflon shoes are prolly the best shoe to run imo. They have a smooth engagment and wear a long time.
I've seen those at Hobbytown, but only in the bag. How do they adjust?

On the Werks, you just tighten the nut...they even have a nut that you can adjust without taking off the clutchbell. You drill a 2mm hole in the clutchbell and use an allen wrench to tighten or loosen it.
Old 07-07-2006, 05:53 AM   #5
Tech Adept

The Fioroni Turbo Slider you adjust by adding or removing wrap springs, its adjustable, but nothing like the adjustment of the Werks or VR6. Granted, for many there is no need for infinite adjustment, only more headaches.
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 01:57 PM   #6
Tech Elite

What I've noticed is that with a bigger motor (say .28 in a truggy), you run the nut closer to flush (earlier engagement)...and if the traction is poor, you can loosen it a little more and make it more driveable.

We ran my friend's truggy where we run the buggies (1.7 mm down from flush) and he was blowing the tires off every corner. It made his motor look very powerful...LOL...but it wasn't so good for his lap times. Loosened it to 1mm and it was all good. I just like how fast it is to adjust.

The biggest thing on the Werks is to scribe the threads on the flywheel nut with an X-Acto knife in 3-4 places and make sure you use Loc-Tite...otherwise, the adjusting nut tends to tighten itself. It was a little maddening at first (happenned three times), but now we have a bunch of them going and they all work great.

They supposedly have a new nut now with an integral o-ring (like a shock collar) and external adjustment slot, but I haven't seen it yet. I'm way happy with it the way it is now.

I've heard good things about the Fiorroni before, I was just wondering how they were adjusted. It sorta looks like my R40 clutch.