Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question about the B3 Gear Box/Differential

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 11:27 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Question about the B3 Gear Box/Differential

Is it just me or is the #6575 diff bolt too short to reach the T-nut if you use the diff spring. When I assemble the differential, I have to take out the diff spring because I cant tighten the bolt with the T-nut because it doesnt reach. I just take out the spring...can anyone tell me what is wrong and if im doing the right thing? THanks.
Old 07-02-2006, 10:21 AM
Tech Rookie

anyone?
Old 07-02-2006, 10:56 AM
Tech Legend

You should re-examine the instruction`s..
But , I believe your assembling with the left outdrive parts on the right outdrive...try switching the parts to the other outdrive & reassemble....
Old 07-02-2006, 01:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I had a brand new thrust bolt in my gt awhile back that would not go all the way thru the outdrive. I had to get a new bolt. Not sure why but that's how it was so you may want to check that out also.
Old 07-02-2006, 09:22 PM
Tech Rookie

but in the manual there is a 1:1 picture of the bolt and it matches up.. and im sure I was using the outdrive that it was supposed to go in to,,,unless AE screwd up in the instructions and switched the outdrives..
Old 07-05-2006, 02:34 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Are you sure it is not reaching or is it just not threading itself into the bolt? Put another allen or screwdriver through the dogbone slot of the outdrive that has the bolt in it then slide the allen down onto the bolt to put some pressure on the spring and try tightening it then. If the bolt matches up to the pic in the instructions, it has to be something else if it won't reach the bolt. Do you have the right spring in the diff, you didn't accidently put the slipper spring in it instead did you. The slipper spring is longer if I remember correctly, if you weren't paying attention you may have slipped that in there instead?
Old 07-06-2006, 12:38 PM
Tech Rookie

im pretty sure its the right spring because it is silver and the slipper spring is black. also in the instructions they are the same size and if i remember correctly, i matched them up and they were the same size. I dont think the screw driver trick would work because i have to compress it A LOT for it go reach the T-nut.
Old 07-06-2006, 04:24 PM
FBR
Tech Adept

are you rebuilding the diff or building from new?
if rebuilding double check to make sure all washers and even the spring are removed from the diff halves
hope this helps
travis