R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 07-06-2006, 06:48 PM   #16
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Tower has most parts, if you stripping the gears on the inside, the FOC will help because it takes out a lot of rotational mass. If your stripping spurs and clutch bells, Robinson Racing makes a great hardend steel package. As for motors, I would go with a .18 tm or TZ. And Fantom makes a great pipe, or the Traxxas resonator. I wouldn't bother with all the aluminum stuff, it bends or breaks easier than plastic, so if you ever want to upgrade plastic parts, see if RPM makes anything.

www.racetechhobbies.com
Flying_Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 07:22 PM   #17
Tech Regular

do the steering mod on the traxxas website. read it first. you need to get a servo arms that is longer than stock. i used dual bluebird servos and it works great. truck can make tight turns now.

http://www.traxxas.com/support/index...472&artlang=en
baih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 07:50 PM   #18
Tech Rookie

wht is an FOC??
[gTr]yakuza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 07:55 PM   #19
Tech Regular

Forward Only Conversion kit.
if you buy the center diff kit i think its included. but if you have an older revo you have to get the upgraded trans housing for the rear brake kit. (i think) if you use the diff kit, you also have to use the rear brake kit.
Old 07-06-2006, 09:12 PM   #20
Tech Rookie

oo, sank u. where can i get a wing 4 my revo?? do i get a buggy wing n get the tower kit??
[gTr]yakuza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 09:39 PM   #21
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Tekno RC makes a wing mount for the Revo.

www.racetechhobbies.com
Flying_Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 09:41 PM   #22
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)

alright, here you go. First thing I would do is replace the transmission w/ the 3.3 transmission. It has a center diff which will help to keep the front wheels on the ground while you acel. It realy eleminates the need for the longer chasis. I would replace the arms on the truck with rpm arms. They are very durable and flex some which helps to keep everything in one piece when you hit something. Get the brakes kit as well. Those things will make the truck itself very good. As far as a pull start is concerned, you want to get away from them and upgrade to a starterbox this will end the broken pull starts, and leave your arm nice and fresh after a day of racing. As far as a motor is concerned I would purchase a o.s. .18 cv-r. It costs around $100 and it will produce plenty of power. It also comes with a 2 year warranty. Unless you are racing on tracks with 200 foot straights then this is all the motor that you realy need. The .18 tz is a very fast motor, but it is hard to tune if you are new to the hobby and it is realy too much power for someone just getting into racing. Plus, it wears out parts a whole lot faster. This should make your truck very competitive and durable. If you are racing then go to your local track and ask around about a good setup. At most tracks you can find people willing to help you out with what mounting positions, shocks, and tires you should run.
party_wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 09:10 AM   #23
Tech Rookie

Default you are correct

I have owned a traxxasd produst and they over priced to say the least. As far as racing you cant even mention a Traxxas in that bracket unless your racing to the hobby store to buy more parts only time you win with a traxxas.

I bash and race both and watch and laugh as i wait for revos to repair and fix them constantly. I run 2 ofna products that i start run refuel and repeat. And if your serious about racing check out race results since ofna is on the podium more then then most and traxxas never is.

All the Traxxas guys know what I am saying is true is only reason they get angry
sdcrtacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 10:36 AM   #24
Tech Regular

just found out that if you do the steering mod. proline 40 series standard offset wheels will hit the turnbuckles. you have to use the 40 series 1/2 offset wheels to 40 series tires.
yes sdcrtacer, i agree, but i break my hyper 7 also. but thats my driving. lol
the revo is good and competive for club racing. national level is a different story. but people are still going to try.
i wish ofna would improve their plastic arms.
Old 07-07-2006, 12:09 PM   #25
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)

ofnas don't even race in the same class as a traxxas. The revo, monster gt, lst and savvage run in a limited monster truck class. The revo is very very competitive in this class. If you would actualy look at the results from limited monster truck finishes then you would realize that the revo actualy has many podium finishes at the national level in the limited monster truck class. If you realy want to compare vehicles in a manner of this class is faster then that class then go and put your unlimmited mt out on a track against a field of 1/10 scale 4wd mod buggies and come back when your 5 laps down 5 minutes into the race.
party_wagon is offline   Reply With Quote