Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help with M8 Settings

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 11:49 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Help with M8 Settings

I wasn't sure where to put this since there didn't seem to be an electronics section. I'm having some problems setting my M8 for a new 1/8 scale buggy i bought. The problem I'm having is the throttle will initially jump about 1/4 inch when you barely touch the trigger, then will operate smoothly after that. The other thing is I can't seem to get neutral trigger to wide open trigger to match with idle to wide open throttle. The only other car i have to put on this radio is an electric, but it doesn't seem like it has a "throttle" jump. I've also tried clearing the complete model setting and starting from scratch.

I have a Airtronics M8 radio with a Spektrum system and the throttle servo is a Airtronics 94012. I remated my Rx with a friends Z1 radio and setting up all EPA and EXP, it doesn't do the quick jump. Also my steering doesn't seem to do the jump, like the throttle does.

I have my end points set so that max throttle is about 2-3mm from the carb being pulled wide open. EXP I'm running linear, 0 throttle EXP. Brake EPA is currently 160%.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Troy
Old 07-05-2006, 12:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

i'm not familiar with the M8, but it sounds like an expo thing, myabe try putting negative expo into it and see if that helps?
Old 07-05-2006, 12:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Make sure your servo is centered before you put the arm on...zero out the sub-trim and regular trim. That way you'll have plenty of travel both ways and then use the EPA to limit the travel.

Also, you should have a little bit of space in the linkage before the servo arm moves the throttle, maybe 1mm or so.
Old 07-05-2006, 01:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I don't have an M8, but my Airtronics MX-3 has an "ARC" setting for the channels that allows the channel response to have more or less travel at the beginning or end of the signal, depending on how you want to set it (i.e., you can have the servo move fast at the beginning and then smooth out, or smooth and then fast at the end, etc.). Your problem sounds like it's related to that setting. I'm not sure if the M8 has it too (as Airtronics doesn't have a downloadable manual for me to check), but if it does, try zeroing that out and then see if that fixes your problem.
Old 07-07-2006, 06:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Easiest way to trouble-shoot your problem is to go to models and select a new "un-used" one. All the setting should be neutral. Like said above, make sure your servo horns are centered so that the steering is straight and the t/b linkage has about 1mm of play. Then go to dual-rate and crank up to maximum so the steering is more precise. Then set your left & right end-points. Then set your end-points on the throttle/brake.

If it works, go back and delete the old model.
Old 07-10-2006, 05:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

easy, go to EXP[TH] of your M8 and reduce the number to 0 and you should be happy after that.
Old 07-10-2006, 05:51 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the help. I was able to get get it much better then it was and is actually drivable now. I also ended up adjusting my throttle end-point to where the throttle body is wide open instead of just before the end of the travel.