R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 07-02-2006, 09:43 PM   #46
Tech Adept

What I'm saying is leave the coo Tekin easy to program feature for the normal guys and for on-track quick changes, but add in the USB connection option for the updates. As mentioned if I paid slightly more for my Spektrum and could upgrade it at home rather than spending some $$ and time waiting for Spektrum to do it I would absolutely have paid that fee.
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 09:58 PM   #47
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryterror
What I'm saying is leave the coo Tekin easy to program feature for the normal guys and for on-track quick changes, but add in the USB connection option for the updates. As mentioned if I paid slightly more for my Spektrum and could upgrade it at home rather than spending some $$ and time waiting for Spektrum to do it I would absolutely have paid that fee.
That's what I'm talkin' bout...
Turbo Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 07:13 AM   #48
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to David Alberico Send a message via Yahoo to David Alberico

I like the fact that I read the Tekin instructions and made my out-of-box adjustments within 5 minutes then went racing with no problems, suttering or glitching.

I say get what you want. But I recommend for those that are looking for an easy fast out-of-the-box system I say Tekin.
Old 07-03-2006, 12:33 PM   #49
Team Tekin

Like I said I agree with the software updating feature, that's cool. But Tekin is not known for releasing something that is just "working." Tekin is known for releasing stuff when it works the best. I'm not looking for arguments here.

This may be a feature that is on the new system. I know they were kicking it around...
Randy Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 12:50 PM   #50
Team Tekin

Too bad this turned into an interface argument. The cool part was that a very good driver put down some sweet laps with the Tekin Rage system and really liked the feel of the throttle and brakes…. And it is going to be available soon!

All the Tekin brushless systems will be programmable on a computer via the radio plug… and already are… How do you think we update the software? How do you think we chose the settings that are available in the one touch programming.

We try to offer the kind of adjustments you need trackside… Pull up to your feet, reach under the body, adjust drag brake or brake strength or timing with just a few button pushes literally in seconds and drive away. Also features like battery cutoff voltage or reverse type… Things you might adjust in the pits to run a lipo or turn off the delayed reverse after practice. Then if you need to update the software or really want to tune things in close you plug into the computer and establish some custom profiles….just not released to the public yet.

Honestly I think you put too much into track programming at the speedo level. The radio has what you need on the fly. I use setting like brake strength on the speedo to reduce the max brake to all I may want and then the radio epa to reduce it as needed and dial it in. Also a little negative exp and you can tone down the throttle and brakes... without even getting off the driver stand.

IE if you calibrate to the radio with the epa’s at max, turn the brake strength to 50% on the speedo and then use the throttle EPA you get the best resolution on the brake adjustment, 320 steps. Also since most drivers fine tune the brakes as they drive with the radio epa what does it matter if you are set at 50% or 53% brake strength…. You are going to tweak it with the radio every lap anyway till it is just right for the conditions right now.

Useable programibility of the things you really need... and a computor connection so you can complicate your life considerably and tweak indefinitely. Personally I would rather work on what really matters.. suspension and practicing while adjusting on the fly.. Back to back batteries till the tires wear out.... Welcome to the world of brushless.

Tekin Prez
Tekin Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 01:00 PM   #51
Tech Elite

Again...LOL...that's what I'm talkin' 'bout.

When is it going to be out?
Old 07-03-2006, 01:07 PM   #52
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to David Alberico Send a message via Yahoo to David Alberico

Sweet!
Old 07-06-2006, 10:45 AM   #53
Team Tekin

Soon as possible... believe me we are trying, but we want to make sure it is right. Expectations are high! The final delays will likely be vendor related when trying to build thousands. Whole different set of challanges than building a few. I am ready now, it is working really well. Our team drivers will start seeing them shortly. If Moberly, Betts, Lewis and others can't break it than it can be broke... These guys are exceptional at there jobs!

Prez
Old 07-06-2006, 11:50 AM   #54
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Valentin.H

why are we arguing about usb or watever...i mean cant we all just get along and be happy , that there is a new brushless coming out and discuss how it will run?
Old 07-06-2006, 11:57 AM   #55
Tech Elite

We're not arguing...LOL...it has USB.
Old 07-10-2006, 06:06 PM   #56
Team Tekin

Had another visitor recently and we conducted the Gomer test.. Had the fastest setup in a buggy.. totally stupid and impossible to drive on the pavement... turned down the radio epa to just ballistic fast and let this beginner crawl around the track... FIRST thermal shutdown we have ever had on 6 cells. Really backs my opinion that most use way too much motor and drive it at half speed. If you can't use it then you are driving a Mclaren in third gear around the parkinglot.... bog, bog, bog..

High rpms are heat in brushless.. period.. even without a load... high kv motors also pull huge current even when you do not need it, especially at low throttles.... driving slow is a thumper on the battery and electronics regardless of the load.

Tekin Prez
Old 07-11-2006, 04:42 AM   #57
Tech Apprentice

Delays will be vendor related. I thought Tekin made them in house???

Anyway. The topic did get pushed toward interface for a few reasons probably.

Both systems will most likely be very equal in quality and performance and the interface may be a deciding factor in what someone buys. I simply like the ease of use of the USB, others don't.

You ststed that a USB will come out fr the Mini Rage. When? Weeks, months????

I have been waithin for MONTHS for a NEW Tekin brushed speedo for 1/10 and a brushed speedo for 1/18 (B1 or B1R) and nothing. Same goes for the Mini Battery DR.... ANd a Tekin Charger. Anything you can share on those items???
AETC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 11:41 PM   #58
Team Tekin

Mini Batt Dr. is due out anyday... As far as the new brushed esc it too is almost completed. Casing and some finer points are being worked out...

I'm not sure why everyone is so "flustered" over release dates right now. Reedy didn't have the Neo and LRP Sphere out no where near when they said they would!

Be patient, good things come to those who wait. You haven't begun to see what can really be done yet.
Randy Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 06:35 AM   #59
Tech Addict

TeamTekin, will your brushless motors be compatible with the LRP Sphere and Novak GTB? Conversely, will the LRP star motors and Novak Velociti motors work with your new brushless speed control?
Laterilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 10:54 AM   #60
Team Tekin

An excellent question. It looks like brushless may be very system oriented for a while. I hear Novak and LRP have trouble driving each others motors and they are both sensored??

Our motors will not work with any sensored system.. we have no sensors.

We should be able to drive any motor sensored or sensorless…. But it may require a user setting for the roar legal motors in particular. They are really the only brushless motors in the world built like this and not typical.

We intend to provide complete systems and enough motors that we know work excellent that you should not need to mix and match.

Tekin Prez