R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 06-25-2006, 08:31 PM   #1
Tech Initiate

Default I just broke my New Jato. need a replacen piece

hello guys as probably many of you know im a noob to RC and i just got a jato. i took it out today after it got tuneup on saturday. and guest what i crash it into a concrete wall. i broke a plastic piece that suport the front and the now i doesn't even turn. the body don't fit i think it may be lil bend. attach are some pic of whats broken. Where can i get this piece. do i need to buy a new truck? can it be fixes?
Attached Thumbnails
I just broke my New Jato. need a replacen piece-broken1.jpg   I just broke my New Jato. need a replacen piece-broken2.jpg   I just broke my New Jato. need a replacen piece-broken3.jpg  
j2chulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 08:46 PM   #2
Tech Initiate

Me again was doing some search and i found the piece that broke wow hhhh i can breath now. lol i didn't know what was the name of that part but its the chassis top plate and here it is should i take the risk buy online and put it on myself or better go to the hobby shop and let them do it for me also can i get a metal chassis instead of plastic will that make a difference in performance?

Check out the Chassis i broke here it is
Old 06-25-2006, 09:47 PM   #3
Tech Regular

if your local hobby store does not carry the part, you can order from traxxas. you might want to take it apart first just in case some of the screws are bent. also buy an extra rear shock tower. watch out for those curbs also .lol
baih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 09:57 PM   #4
Tech Initiate

jajaj true true. but the funny thing was that it wasn't on a curve i was going straigh down saw the car coming at a high speed getting close to the wall tried to hit the break intead i hit gave it more gas. ashame of me. hit the wall at a full power. i was searching for some kind of alumin chassis but i guest they don't make it. So how hard is it to take it apart and how dificult to put it back together? do i need to take pic of every single piece i remove to have an scheme on how they go after its apart? do you think i need the rear shot? or you main to buy a better than what it come with?
Old 06-25-2006, 10:20 PM   #5
Tech Regular

go to the traxxas website and you can download the exploded views.
just alot of screws, no big deal just give yourself some room. dining table is usually big enough. lol
baih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 10:30 PM   #6
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)

One thing you can invest to is a rpm front bumper. It should help to absorb some of the impacts like that. If you purchased the truck from the hobby shop then just go up there and show them what you need. I would fix it yourself.
party_wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 10:39 PM   #7
Tech Initiate

what rpm front bumper will you recommend me to get? i know i gonna need it. lol yeah i believe i have lot space to work with dinner table prob wont be need i have a big parking space on my yard so i can use it just need a big blanket and im all set up. lol
Old 06-26-2006, 01:56 AM   #8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

the wide bumper is THE BOMB, I have hit so much crap with my T4 with that thing. I boiled it and bent it upwards a little to help take the lawn dart effect away a little. I got mine from RC boys on ebay, good prices, adn great shipping prices. I saw this on tower tonight as well. You should also get soem atermarket turnbuckles and hinge pins, as those are going to be toast shortly. That thing is really fast, and powerful, so breaking things is going to be a common occurance.
Rod
gatermaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 05:44 PM   #9
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

J2- nothing to be skeerd of.... just make sure you have a good #2 phillips screwdriver.... and take your time..... and if you decide to just go ahead and get a new truck and sell the broken one to one of us for a small loss...... hey I'll give ya $5.....

Pitman for Team Dallas Austin...
IMPACTPLAYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 08:07 PM   #10
Tech Initiate

"IMPACTPLAYR" JAJAJa that a good one i keep it in mind. I may ask for $10 since the top chassis plate cost $10. LOL they asked me $20 to put it in. i don't know how much this guys its gonna asked but i left it at the place where i bough it i gotta pick it up tomorrow or wensday cause the guy has lot fo truck to fix tomorrow. i hope i get my done tomorrow. I being thinking i should of had done it myself i need to get start putting my mechanic skillz on this. lol
"GaterMaxx" are you talking about the blue one? the guy at the shop was showing it to me he said thats a good one. Is it this one the one you're talking about And thank you for your advise and support i was really sad when i saw it broken. i though it was gonna cost me a fortune to get it fix.
Old 06-26-2006, 10:28 PM   #11
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

YEah, those ones, they reall;y help to save the front end, slows you down a little on teh jumps if you don't land right, but with that bumper you are going to hit that or the tires, so it really helps the front end, unless you get jacked by a truggy going full speed, and he takes out your front caster block on one side, and the front a arm on the other.
Rod
gatermaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 11:24 PM   #12
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to Platinum_Racing

Why don't you take your time and fix it yourself? It will save you money, it's easy to do, and it gets you aquainted with the truck. Plus, everytime you break something if you go to the hobby shop you will wind up spending so much on repairs you won't have cash left for hop ups. It's not like a full size car where you take it to a repair shop to fix (Even though I do all my own work anyway) so just do it yourself. If something bad does happen and somehow you do get a bit lost don't worry, there is nearly nothing you can wind up doing to one of these things that can't be fixed. In other words, you have to screw something up prett bad (Like run it over with a school bus) before it's totally destroyed. Don't worry about breaking it more, you will always spend more money getting it fixed than you will if you fix it yourself and do something wrong... ALWAYS.
Platinum_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 04:38 AM   #13
Tech Initiate

Thanks guys for your support. I def will try to fix it myself next time i break something on it. and I may get that bumper today or tomorrow.