Wiki Posts
Search

total newbie after some advice

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 03:35 AM
Tech Initiate

Default total newbie after some advice

go easy on me as i am just starting
am looking at getting one of these in the next couple of weeks.
new hpi mt2
used hpi savage
used traxxas revo
used traxxas tmaxx
which of these will be my best bet,obviously speed is an issue but i need it to be pretty reliable.i was seriously considering the mt2 but am worried that it may be a bit too low and not really be strong enough for much off road use which is why i really do fancy the revo.
what do people think about these.until a couple of weeks ago i had pretty much made up my mind to get a savage but after seeing one in action i wasnt that impressed with it which i why i started looking at others especially the revo as although i havent seen one in action,i have heard good things about them.
any advice much appreciated
Old 06-26-2006, 08:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

The savvage or the revo would probly be your best bet out of those cars. Another great choice is a team associated monster gt. If you get a used car be sure to try and find something that will leave you with a good $100 left over because the motor or ect. may be shot. Personally, I would try to save up a little more money and get the associated monster gt. 4.6 brand new. It is just a super durable truck that runs very consistantly. It also has a price tag that sits below that of the savvage, revo, and t-maxx.
Old 06-26-2006, 01:12 PM
Tech Initiate

thanks for the advice,just had a quick look around for the monster gt and unfortunately they dont seem very popular over here in the uk,it does look good though
may go with the revo if i can find a decent one for sensible money.
thanks.
Old 06-28-2006, 10:23 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by animal47
thanks for the advice,just had a quick look around for the monster gt and unfortunately they dont seem very popular over here in the uk,it does look good though
may go with the revo if i can find a decent one for sensible money.
thanks.
animal the revo would by far be your best bet, and get the 3.3 if available but if it has the trx engine on board be ready to get another engine pretty soon, and traxxas makes the toughest truck out there.
Old 06-28-2006, 10:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 117 (100%+)

go for the revo....i had a hpi mt quite a few years ago...and all i can say is..it sucked...