R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 06-22-2006, 06:31 AM   #1
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Omnicron
Default Jammin CRT

Hiya guys. I have a CRT and have tried 2 different set ups now and I still can't get this thing to not push in corners under power. Do any of you have any sugestions? Thanks.
Omnicron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 08:11 AM   #2
Tech Regular

what are the set ups you tried? I ran the stock(manual set up) for a long time and it pushed and recently I tried the Bradley-The Dirt Set up and the thing turns alot better.
Jammin"145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 05:18 PM   #3
Tech Adept

The set up I have tried is Bradleys Silver State win and the set up that was on the crt when I bought it. I have around 7k front, 30k center and 4k rear. I also ground off the bump stops on the c hubs and have the end points on my Nomadio set to stop just before the stearing will turn no more. When off power it turns fine, matter of fact I don't need to give it any brake for the ass end to come sliding around but I have to be ging very slow for that to happen.
Thanks for the reply, I will try the dirt set up.
Old 06-22-2006, 05:48 PM   #4
Tech Adept

I just built my CRT. I have been looking for a good starting set-up too. What stops are you talking about grinding off? Do you guys run narrowed wheels, inner lip trimmed? What tires/foams. I have the stock CFs and foams. Should have got different foams...
Lextek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 06:47 PM   #5
Tech Adept

I am not running narrowed tires, I run standard maxx bow ties with the proline gray foams and one strip of duct tape on the inside of the tire to stop the tire balooning (sic). The bump stops I am refering to is on the inside of the c-hub. If you look at the hub you will see a bump that the spindle hits when you turn the tires all the way. Hope this make sense, my might have the names of the parts wronge.
Old 06-22-2006, 07:43 PM   #6
Tech Adept

Thanks. I know what your talking about now.
Lextek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 10:27 PM   #7
Tech Adept

Thanks Jammin"145! That set up helped a lot. I have way less push in the corner. We normally water our track every few heats on race day and when I was down there tonight as usual the track was dusty and dry and she handled like a dream so come race day I should be dialed in. I only wish I had more stearing under power like my Revo does!
Old 06-23-2006, 08:19 AM   #8
Tech Regular

Do you guys run narrowed wheels, inner lip trimmed? What tires/foams. I have the stock CFs and foams. Should have got different foams...[/QUOTE]

Crimefighters are the only tire guys are trimming(narrowing)the rim for.Buddy just put on Clay Boas(Panther) seem to hook up good.I'll be trying those.
Jammin"145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 07:08 AM   #9
Tech Adept

I am not yet. My next pair of tires will be cut though. One thing that is going on at our track right now is using the green panther foams with the maxx size tires/rims. They are cutting the foams down 1 inch (they are 40 series). By duing this they find there is no need to tape the inside of the tires to stop the ballooning. They are gettin less sidewall roll also. I have not tried this combo yet but my cuz did and he likes it, he is one of the fast guys. It seems to give him better traction also...he just put a modded Novarossi 528 in his crt and you might say he can drop the hammer at any speed and lose traction. Now if I only could figure out my picco problem...
Old 06-26-2006, 11:05 AM   #10
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shookie Send a message via MSN to Mr. Shookie

narrowing your rims will help in the on power steering. So will laying your front shocks down a hole. You can also play with arm spacing, move the front arms backand the rear arms foward. That will narrow the wheelbase and give you more steering but will make your car feel very unstable..
I played with my car alot before I found the Bradley setup works everywhere with minor changes...Loving it...
-Shookie <><
All who love the LORD JESUS I praise with you.1 Cor 10:31
Team HOLY Rollers (Team Manager)
The Church is a Hospital for Sinners not a Museum for Saints.
RcTech Feedback <>< RC Tech Subcriber #92
Mr. Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote