R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 10-03-2006, 08:29 AM   #16
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I just finished up my 1st gallon and still no problems. Great power and awesome fuel mileage
bmcallister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 03:55 PM   #17
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

You will love it!
Need Track TShirts?
http://www.facebook.com/AmericanGFX
Nitroaddicts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 11:42 PM   #18
Tech Rookie

I just finished breaking in the engine. This is the Email i just sent to mugen.

I am having several issues with the engine I purchased. I ordered the engine through A-Main hobbies and had several issues with the carb. Brand new engine and noticed some rust on the low speed needle. Didn't think anything of it so I installed the engine in the car with no issues. When I installed the throttle linkage on the uniball joint, the ball broke off before i could even get the ballend on. I replaced the Uniball Joint and my next issue was that the carb was binding. I took it apart and it still had flashing on the throttle barrel. I tried to remove the flashing which was scratching the inside of the throttle body. I polished the inside of the carb body and that reduced the binding but it was still there. Then I found that the idle screw was also causing binding. As I adjusted the idle screw, it cause the throttle barrel to rotate slightly causing more binding. Well I finally found what i thought was a happy medium on the idle screw, i started it up and ran the car a bit and then the engine locked up. When i took it apart, i found that the idle screw broke off right at the threads sending the rest of the tip through the engine. So I ordered a new carb through A-Main hobbies which should be here friday I hope at the cost of about $100. I just wanted to let you guys know that I am unsatisfied with the carb on this engine.Hopefully I recieved the only bad one and the new carb will work as designed.
los3979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 01:44 AM   #19
Tech Addict

Wink

Hi! We had the same issues with the carburator binding at the 2006 euros when we first actually tested the engine,nothing was done,the carburator continued,untill I switched from Ninja to Novarossi Engine,that solved all of the problems..
Ilias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 09:15 AM   #20
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to nutfluff

Mine has worked out great so far. I did notice the binding when the engine was new but as soon as some fuel/oil got through it, it freed right up. Also, the pinch on these are so tight I needed to heat it up with a heat gun for the first gallon to start it!!
nutfluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 09:27 AM   #21
Tech Addict

I have changed two carburators trying to solve this problem,Mr rossi told me at the euros that it was the idle screw,he changed it,but nothing was really done,what can I say? I hope you have better luck.....
Ilias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 04:10 PM   #22
Tech Rookie

I am 100% sure it is the idle screw because when i turn it, it slightly rotates the barrel causing it to bind. Mugen already replied to my email about the engine but they want me to send in the whole engine. I don't want to be without a whole engine for the next few weeks when hopefuly this carb can cure the problem. If I have to send it in, I am sure im gonna get a Novarossi as a replacement and make the ninja vanish.
los3979 is offline   Reply With Quote