Wiki Posts
Search

3.3 tmaxx

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 11:20 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default 3.3 tmaxx

guys i need some help here, i have got a friend of mine truck, tmaxx 3.3 and this truck hasnt got but about two gallons of fuel thru it and now it wont run worth crap. any suggestions would be helpful. but it has the trx 3.3 still on it and ive had no luck at all with those engines, two gallons max is all i could get out of one, and no im not a noob that dont know how to tune a motor before anyone says that. its just a traxxas thing. have put on new fuel line, checked for air leaks none. and it just wont run, it will start for a little while then just die and wont start back, i think the motor is shot. any suggestions?
Old 06-08-2006, 11:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

sounds like it has no compression once its warmed up, after you run it and it quits and wont start again, try turing the flywheel by hand, there should be a noticale 'pop', if it just spins free the whole way around, its rebuild time,
Old 06-08-2006, 11:41 AM
Tech Adept

Sounds like someone doesn't know how to tune. I'm sorry but any engine on the market today is capable of more than 2 gallons of fuel
Old 06-08-2006, 02:22 PM
Tech Adept

btw did you check carb o-rings?
Old 06-08-2006, 10:10 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MarkieMark231
Sounds like someone doesn't know how to tune. I'm sorry but any engine on the market today is capable of more than 2 gallons of fuel
did you not read all the post, im no noob and i know how to tune an engine, and have you ever had a traxxas engine? if not then you dont know anything im talking about ive been thru two of them
Old 06-08-2006, 10:20 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by nitroveins
did you not read all the post, im no noob and i know how to tune an engine, and have you ever had a traxxas engine? if not then you dont know anything im talking about ive been thru two of them
I've had four. Smart a@@ Good job judge someone before you even know them Did you check your Carb O-Rings oh knowledged one?
Old 06-08-2006, 10:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

ya for being such a great tuner it sure dont sound like u know how to.u aint gonna get much help being a know-it-all who doesnt know much.
Old 06-08-2006, 11:38 PM
Tech Adept

Sorry don't mean to be a &^%$ but when you come in here looking for help and then slam everyone trying to help you what do you expect?
Old 06-09-2006, 08:58 AM
Tech Adept

hey i didnt slam anyone, i asked for suggestions about this engine and all i got was i dont how to tune, and as for the smart@$$, sounds to me like your the being that, all i asked was did you not read all the post, and at the very last it said IM NO NOOB AND I KNOW HOW TO TUNE AN ENGINE!!!!!
Old 06-09-2006, 10:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

well if u know how to tune and still cant get it to run right send it back im pretty sure traxxas has a good policy on things like that.
Old 06-09-2006, 11:24 AM
Tech Adept

hey i didnt slam anyone, i asked for suggestions about this engine and all i got was i dont how to tune, and as for the smart@$$, sounds to me like your the being that, all i asked was did you not read all the post, and at the very last it said IM NO NOOB AND I KNOW HOW TO TUNE AN ENGINE!!!!!
Ask anyone knowledged in the hobby, you can have 20 years or 2 years you can always learn new stuff. That being said did you check all the O-Rings (Including Carb)? Did you seal everything off?
Old 06-09-2006, 11:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

guys i need some help here, i have got a friend of mine truck, tmaxx 3.3 and this truck hasnt got but about two gallons of fuel thru it and now it wont run worth crap. any suggestions would be helpful. but it has the trx 3.3 still on it and ive had no luck at all with those engines, two gallons max is all i could get out of one, and no im not a noob that dont know how to tune a motor before anyone says that. its just a traxxas thing. have put on new fuel line, checked for air leaks none. and it just wont run, it will start for a little while then just die and wont start back, i think the motor is shot. any suggestions?
check some of these things:

- check the rings on the carb.
- check for compresion by turning the flywheel, and seeing if it makes a poping noise, if it doesnt, the engine is dead.
- try another glow plug
- has it been sitting around for a while? let it idle for many minutes to de-gum the carb and such.
- take it to your lhs, and have them look at it.

i broke in my 2.5 engine poorly, and it only lived about 2 gallons. did you not break it in too well? and, did you ever run insanely lean, or at a brutal rpm? those sorts of things could have decreased its life. if it is just too much of a hassle, just use the traxxas planamajig and get a new 3.3 for like, 120$ if you trade in the shot engine.

good luck!

(by the way, fighting/arguing in a thread is very usless in helping a person...)
Old 06-09-2006, 11:45 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Johnathan
check some of these things:

- check the rings on the carb.
- check for compresion by turning the flywheel, and seeing if it makes a poping noise, if it doesnt, the engine is dead.
- try another glow plug
- has it been sitting around for a while? let it idle for many minutes to de-gum the carb and such.
- take it to your lhs, and have them look at it.

i broke in my 2.5 engine poorly, and it only lived about 2 gallons. did you not break it in too well? and, did you ever run insanely lean, or at a brutal rpm? those sorts of things could have decreased its life. if it is just too much of a hassle, just use the traxxas planamajig and get a new 3.3 for like, 120$ if you trade in the shot engine.

good luck!

(by the way, fighting/arguing in a thread is very usless in helping a person...)
I tried to ask him about his Carb and seals but he refuses to awnser But lets not forget he's a pro so why bother?
Old 06-09-2006, 01:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I tried to ask him about his Carb and seals but he refuses to awnser But lets not forget he's a pro so why bother?
lol, but i listed some things he could check, even pro's forget.
Old 06-09-2006, 11:00 PM
Tech Adept

yes i have checked the seals, and everything is sealed up, i did not break this engine in, its a friend of mine's truck just trying to help him out. it will idle for two or three seconds until you give it gas and it dies and will not start back, just spits and sputters, and yes its fairly easy to turn the engine over, and never said i was a pro, but i do know to make an engine run.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.