R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-08-2006, 12:20 PM   #1
Tech Adept
 
nitroveins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 172
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default 3.3 tmaxx

guys i need some help here, i have got a friend of mine truck, tmaxx 3.3 and this truck hasnt got but about two gallons of fuel thru it and now it wont run worth crap. any suggestions would be helpful. but it has the trx 3.3 still on it and ive had no luck at all with those engines, two gallons max is all i could get out of one, and no im not a noob that dont know how to tune a motor before anyone says that. its just a traxxas thing. have put on new fuel line, checked for air leaks none. and it just wont run, it will start for a little while then just die and wont start back, i think the motor is shot. any suggestions?
nitroveins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 12:36 PM   #2
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 855
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

sounds like it has no compression once its warmed up, after you run it and it quits and wont start again, try turing the flywheel by hand, there should be a noticale 'pop', if it just spins free the whole way around, its rebuild time,
bobf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 12:41 PM   #3
Tech Adept
 
MarkieMark231's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Oakdale,CA
Posts: 163
Default

Sounds like someone doesn't know how to tune. I'm sorry but any engine on the market today is capable of more than 2 gallons of fuel
MarkieMark231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 03:22 PM   #4
Tech Adept
 
MarkieMark231's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Oakdale,CA
Posts: 163
Default

btw did you check carb o-rings?
MarkieMark231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 11:10 PM   #5
Tech Adept
 
nitroveins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 172
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkieMark231
Sounds like someone doesn't know how to tune. I'm sorry but any engine on the market today is capable of more than 2 gallons of fuel
did you not read all the post, im no noob and i know how to tune an engine, and have you ever had a traxxas engine? if not then you dont know anything im talking about ive been thru two of them
nitroveins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 11:20 PM   #6
Tech Adept
 
MarkieMark231's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Oakdale,CA
Posts: 163
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroveins
did you not read all the post, im no noob and i know how to tune an engine, and have you ever had a traxxas engine? if not then you dont know anything im talking about ive been thru two of them
I've had four. Smart [email protected]@ Good job judge someone before you even know them Did you check your Carb O-Rings oh knowledged one?
MarkieMark231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 11:45 PM   #7
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: mt vernon il
Posts: 414
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to rhymster
Default

ya for being such a great tuner it sure dont sound like u know how to.u aint gonna get much help being a know-it-all who doesnt know much.
rhymster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 12:38 AM   #8
Tech Adept
 
MarkieMark231's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Oakdale,CA
Posts: 163
Default

Sorry don't mean to be a &^%$ but when you come in here looking for help and then slam everyone trying to help you what do you expect?
MarkieMark231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 09:58 AM   #9
Tech Adept
 
nitroveins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 172
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

hey i didnt slam anyone, i asked for suggestions about this engine and all i got was i dont how to tune, and as for the [email protected]$$, sounds to me like your the being that, all i asked was did you not read all the post, and at the very last it said IM NO NOOB AND I KNOW HOW TO TUNE AN ENGINE!!!!!
nitroveins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 11:37 AM   #10
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: mt vernon il
Posts: 414
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to rhymster
Default

well if u know how to tune and still cant get it to run right send it back im pretty sure traxxas has a good policy on things like that.
rhymster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 12:24 PM   #11
Tech Adept
 
MarkieMark231's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Oakdale,CA
Posts: 163
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroveins
hey i didnt slam anyone, i asked for suggestions about this engine and all i got was i dont how to tune, and as for the [email protected]$$, sounds to me like your the being that, all i asked was did you not read all the post, and at the very last it said IM NO NOOB AND I KNOW HOW TO TUNE AN ENGINE!!!!!
Ask anyone knowledged in the hobby, you can have 20 years or 2 years you can always learn new stuff. That being said did you check all the O-Rings (Including Carb)? Did you seal everything off?
MarkieMark231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 12:42 PM   #12
Tech Fanatic
 
Johnathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Texas!
Posts: 765
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroveins
guys i need some help here, i have got a friend of mine truck, tmaxx 3.3 and this truck hasnt got but about two gallons of fuel thru it and now it wont run worth crap. any suggestions would be helpful. but it has the trx 3.3 still on it and ive had no luck at all with those engines, two gallons max is all i could get out of one, and no im not a noob that dont know how to tune a motor before anyone says that. its just a traxxas thing. have put on new fuel line, checked for air leaks none. and it just wont run, it will start for a little while then just die and wont start back, i think the motor is shot. any suggestions?
check some of these things:

- check the rings on the carb.
- check for compresion by turning the flywheel, and seeing if it makes a poping noise, if it doesnt, the engine is dead.
- try another glow plug
- has it been sitting around for a while? let it idle for many minutes to de-gum the carb and such.
- take it to your lhs, and have them look at it.

i broke in my 2.5 engine poorly, and it only lived about 2 gallons. did you not break it in too well? and, did you ever run insanely lean, or at a brutal rpm? those sorts of things could have decreased its life. if it is just too much of a hassle, just use the traxxas planamajig and get a new 3.3 for like, 120$ if you trade in the shot engine.

good luck!

(by the way, fighting/arguing in a thread is very usless in helping a person...)
Johnathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 12:45 PM   #13
Tech Adept
 
MarkieMark231's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Oakdale,CA
Posts: 163
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnathan
check some of these things:

- check the rings on the carb.
- check for compresion by turning the flywheel, and seeing if it makes a poping noise, if it doesnt, the engine is dead.
- try another glow plug
- has it been sitting around for a while? let it idle for many minutes to de-gum the carb and such.
- take it to your lhs, and have them look at it.

i broke in my 2.5 engine poorly, and it only lived about 2 gallons. did you not break it in too well? and, did you ever run insanely lean, or at a brutal rpm? those sorts of things could have decreased its life. if it is just too much of a hassle, just use the traxxas planamajig and get a new 3.3 for like, 120$ if you trade in the shot engine.

good luck!

(by the way, fighting/arguing in a thread is very usless in helping a person...)
I tried to ask him about his Carb and seals but he refuses to awnser But lets not forget he's a pro so why bother?
MarkieMark231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 02:28 PM   #14
Tech Fanatic
 
Johnathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Texas!
Posts: 765
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkieMark231
I tried to ask him about his Carb and seals but he refuses to awnser But lets not forget he's a pro so why bother?
lol, but i listed some things he could check, even pro's forget.
Johnathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 12:00 AM   #15
Tech Adept
 
nitroveins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 172
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkieMark231
I tried to ask him about his Carb and seals but he refuses to awnser But lets not forget he's a pro so why bother?
yes i have checked the seals, and everything is sealed up, i did not break this engine in, its a friend of mine's truck just trying to help him out. it will idle for two or three seconds until you give it gas and it dies and will not start back, just spits and sputters, and yes its fairly easy to turn the engine over, and never said i was a pro, but i do know to make an engine run.
nitroveins is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
the new tmaxx 3.3 classic xl Monster Trucks 14 02-28-2010 04:09 PM
TMaxx 2.5 volstitan908 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 03-09-2008 09:42 AM
Tmaxx Roller, Servo, Pipe, Tmaxx and Revo Parts JSY R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 04-14-2007 08:10 PM
Roller tmaxx or upgraded tmaxx cheap! ewaleson R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 01-23-2004 01:12 AM
i want a tmaxx oznation Monster Trucks 2 04-29-2003 01:49 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:35 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net