Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Dirt-Racer

Ok, all good now. Thx Dan
Dirt-Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 07:18 AM   #17
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Smile

has anyone got more race info on the x10?be good to hear how they are going.
im definitley looking at getting an xrs,should work well on our track.
Piss on holden
dallasv8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 03:45 PM   #18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

There was one at the Hot Rod Hobbies Shootout last weekend... it looked cool... Unfortunately it blew-up in the D-Main! It was going full throttle down the straight when I believe its ESC gave out sending it straight into the boards! Even as it was upside-down on the the track against the boards it was still running at full throtle... that is until someone from the crowd quickly cut off the ESC and Battery connection with some pliers from a near by pit-table. The body sustained some burn damage while the car itself had a wrecked front end... the left arm and wheel assembly was cleanly torn off... overall it looked like an expensive mess at the end.
STEALTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 04:00 PM   #19
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to tradhunt Send a message via Yahoo to tradhunt Send a message via Skype™ to tradhunt

I've been running mine for quite a while now..... I have had no real issues with it at all other then one broken front arm and a wing mount.......(and I've cartwheeled it a few times)... I stripped out the front gearbox top shock mount.. and stripped the spur gear.... both my fault.... It's a very smooth car and very planted ...very hooked up on the track I run at....it's a really hard pack.....I still have my BJ4we...but run my Pred. most the time......The XRS should be a great choice also .... I would get the usual item's....Arm's, front front gearbox top, wing mount, that should get you buy for a long while.... I don't think you'll be disapointed...... Look into UltralineMotor's..... I've done 2 order's through them ....so far their prices seem to be the best... and great service......
tradhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 04:27 PM   #20

Has anyone in the States tried the X10/XRS on a blue groove and a bit bumpy tracks? I got the kit, planning to build it soon and run it and I race at the local indoor track which at times smooth and at times bumpy.
Scuad X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 07:28 PM   #21
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to tradhunt Send a message via Yahoo to tradhunt Send a message via Skype™ to tradhunt

Hey Scuad X,
their's a couple really bumpy sections of the track I'm on.... and at time's the rest of the track get's a bit bumpy ...not bad though.... the Pred. handles it great ....... I'm running 32 1/2 front oil with the 5.5 turn hard springs and running 30 oil rear with the 6.0 soft in the rear..... it seem's like a really good setup ...
Old 07-22-2006, 07:57 PM   #22

interesting. seems like you're using the shock oil setup in reverse from factory recommended setup which is thicker oil on the rear. how about the slipper and diff set up?
Scuad X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 08:17 PM   #23
Tech Regular

MLP seems to modifying there own version of the X10 in the states
http://www.mlpmotorsports.net/
I heard they cant handle real dirt,quite easily stuffs up suspension play.
PerformanceRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 01:04 AM   #24
Tech Fanatic

Ya a bit from what factory is.... i've tried it both ways...both seem pretty good..but for me that setup works good...but might just be my driving style.... The slipper I just adjust like on my BJ4we.... just pass slipping if I hold the car down.....as for the Diff.'s...I run them like any other....just to where it has a very small bit of slipage....What do you run the XRS or the X10 .... the X10 I run with 2-3 of the orings on the shaft.... so I get a little to very little one-way action........ I run on a track thats open but has some very tight turns......

Not sure how it handle's real dirt Performance (if you're reffering to a typical outdoor off-road track).....but their's lot's of suspension travel in this car if set-up right..... I'm not sure of the MLP car if you're reffering to the X10D4B buggy of their's...for some reason every time I click the link the pic.'s don't show up.....

The only thing I don't like about the X10 stuff...is the Springs......wish they were color coded ...makes for a quicker adjustment...
Old 07-23-2006, 02:55 AM   #25
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Talking

yea, the pics dont work for me either.

http://atomic-carbon.gforceimages.net/video/index.html

the x10 show up in these vids and seem to handle the dirt and rough stuff quite well.even better than the losi and bj4 in some of the real rough stuff.
Piss on holden
dallasv8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 03:38 AM   #26
Tech Fanatic

not sure why...not able to download those eather....( guess it's time for a new comp.)...... I'm in no way any kindof professional.... but to me it's one of the best handling 4wd buggies I've owned or driven....... its a hard choice though between the BJ4we and the X10..... their both great I don't think anyone would go wrong with eather....I have both..... I've thought of selling my Bj4we and getting another X10 as a backup but thats hard to do since the bj4 is such a nice car too....+ I got to much invested in my BJ4we to get rid of it...... but it's hard to beat the handling of the X10 the car's just sweet.......
Old 07-24-2006, 12:41 AM   #27
Tech Rookie

Whats the difference between the X10 and the XRS?
Thanks
XXXMaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 03:57 PM   #28
Tech Fanatic

Hey XXXMaxx, Here's a comparison of the 2.........The main difference is the material used, the XRS uses reg. bearings the X10 has ceramic, and a few other little things...

http://ttechracing.com/htmlpages/xrsspecification.html
Old 08-03-2006, 12:44 AM   #29
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to Switch Blade

Ive always wanted an x-10 since i first saw it online. Now that there is a US distributor and an XRS, I think I may have to put in my order for one very soon. The only thing I am confused about is tires. Who offers 4wd tires? I know losi does, but I always see people using proline tires on their 4wd. What tires will fit on the x-10 wheels.

Any help?
Old 08-03-2006, 04:07 AM   #30
Tech Adept

Pro-line offers front/rear Holeshots and Inside Jobs for the 4WDs.
Lextek is offline   Reply With Quote