R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 06-07-2006, 07:43 PM   #16

Trader Rating: 148 (99%+)

I agree with rocket....I've raced the hyper8 for a couple of weeks now, and love it!!! I've had other buggies in the past, and for the money, this is by far the best buggy, in my opinion...
It's been very durable, handles decent out of the box, and for the money, it's a bargain...just my 2 cents...

Brad

==TEAM NOVELTY==
WYLDTHING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 08:21 PM   #17
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYLDTHING
I agree with rocket....I've raced the hyper8 for a couple of weeks now, and love it!!! I've had other buggies in the past, and for the money, this is by far the best buggy, in my opinion...
It's been very durable, handles decent out of the box, and for the money, it's a bargain...just my 2 cents...

Brad
What other cars did you have?
performula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 08:26 PM   #18

Had a hyper 7 PBS PCR RTR with A LOT of hop-ups, a hyper 7 pro, set up with the PBS, and a SP1....

==TEAM NOVELTY==
Old 06-07-2006, 08:34 PM   #19
Tech Master

So you like the H8 over the SP1?
Old 06-07-2006, 08:43 PM   #20

So far, I would have to say yes. The hyper 8 seems to fit my driving style a little better. I am still working on getting the Hyper 8 set-up the way I want though, as I have only had it a couple of weeks, and it has a little off-power understeer problem, not terrible, but noticeable.
I haven't got to drive an SP2, but I have raced against them, and the hyper 8 done quite well.
Also, in the SP1's defense, I didn't get to have it very long, so I didn't get to race it as much as I would've liked. But first impressions???....If I was buying again, I would buy the Hyper 8 all over again...OFNA got it right for the most part....

This is just MY opinion though, so keep that in mind....Brad

==TEAM NOVELTY==
Old 06-07-2006, 08:50 PM   #21

I think it's imprtant too, to remember the price difference we are talking about when comparing SP1/SP2 to the OFNA....It's huge!! So dollar for dollar, that makes the hyper 8 an even better buggy to me....

==TEAM NOVELTY==
Old 06-07-2006, 08:57 PM   #22
Tech Regular

Do it right the first time, buy a MUGEN!! Their dependable, proven, and easy to get parts for!!
RYAN BARNES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 09:00 PM   #23
Tech Initiate

A Main Hobbies is deffinitly the way to go. I ordered my JamminX1CRFT from them awsome stuff.
EnderWiggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 09:06 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by RYAN BARNES
Do it right the first time, buy a MUGEN!! Their dependable, proven, and easy to get parts for!!
Nothing against the Mugen, but the MBX-5 I drove had nothing on the hyper 8, it costs a crapload more, and at least around where I live, the parts aren't any easier to get, if not harder to get....

==TEAM NOVELTY==
Old 06-07-2006, 09:13 PM   #25
Tech Regular

lets not start a flame war. all i was saying was he is looking for a 1/8 racer. if you look at the a-mains at all recent big gas races you will see all cars can make the a, kyosho,mugen,jammin,gs,cen,hyper 8, they are all good. so if they can all make the a-main why not go with the one that keeps the most money in your pocket and that is the 8. also nitrohouse, a-mainhobbies, towerhobbies, carolinas rc, all stock parts for the hyper 8. any part you need will be a click away.
Rocket42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 09:16 PM   #26

Didn't see that I was starting a flame war I guess.....

==TEAM NOVELTY==
Old 06-07-2006, 09:18 PM   #27
Tech Master

I was in between an SP2 and the MBX5 (regular). Might have to check this H8 out.
Old 06-08-2006, 06:30 AM   #28
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

the CEN matrix is a nice buggy too,
bobf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 12:12 PM   #29
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well Thank you all for the opinions and support.I am not sure what to do yet but I might wait for the Losi 8 and see how that vehicle responds.I really like the idea of having the motor more centered.I trully want to get the most high qualitity machine I can,parts,durability,handling,race worthiness and overall muscle.It really is a tough decision but in the mean time I did pull the RC10GT out of the closet and check its condition.I think it has been more than 5 years since I last ran it.It is in pretty bad shape and I am not sure if it will run or not,diffs loose,tires loose,one rear arm has about half of it missing,body is almost in 2 pieces.But I will go buy some fuel charge some batteries and hit the parking lot Saturday for a test run to see if it will come alive again.That should get my RC blood pumpin again.Thanks again
motomanpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 11:41 AM   #30
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Cool

Well everybody I have the cash now but still can`t make a decision.I have decided on either a Mugen or Kyosho but then again do I want to spend 650 plus on a car that has leaky diffs or leaky shocks.Man this is such a tough decision! I have read all the forums for both vehicles but what can I say I still can`t decide Mugen or Kyosho?
motomanpat is offline   Reply With Quote