Community
Wiki Posts
Search

jato wing.. HOW?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 07:05 PM
Tech Regular

Default jato wing.. HOW?

so instead of looking through all million pages of Traxxa's jato fourm, i bestoe this wonderful task on someone to tell me howwww

b/c i should be studying for Virgina's lovely SOL's that are tommrow

(like thats going to happen!)

not to add that when you search "wing" 500+ results come up
Old 06-04-2006, 07:06 PM
Tech Master

How what?
Old 06-04-2006, 07:44 PM
Tech Regular

how do you get a buggy wing on the back, much like the revo tekno kit thing,
Old 06-04-2006, 08:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

Heres some advice, don't put it on there. Just use the wing that came w/ your jatto. The buggy wing will raise the center of gravity. It realy is unnescary. If you want to be faster then do this. Lose the traxxas quick start stuff and replace it with a starter box. Then replace the two speed trans w/ a one speed. This will make the truck much much lighter and more responsive.
Old 06-04-2006, 08:48 PM
Tech Regular

Dont loose the 2 speed learn to use it, because the JATO is so fast when second gear kicks in. I would put it up against any single speed RTR for PINKS.
Old 06-05-2006, 04:35 AM
Tech Regular

i wont be racing, mostly jumping
and some speeding up and down the street, not to add that it looks sweet and i cant afford a starter box etc.
Old 06-05-2006, 05:15 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

well I'm afraid that if money is that tight, upgrades for a jato aren't really for you then. I would say your best option is to stick with that stock wing and try to lighten that jato by losing the starter box, but I would also keep the two speed because I really think that is too drastic of a change for a jato and that altering it that much with a tranny change like a two speed to one speed, but if "you" want the wing, then go for it because I know you feel that you should have what you want so I would try to find a wing kit to purchase if I were you.
Old 06-05-2006, 10:33 AM
Tech Elite

If your having trouble with your car spinning out when you acelerate then run a softer spring in the rear. This will help to transfer weight to the rear of the truck. The softer the spring the more rear traction you will have and the less front traction you will have. A buggy wing will still not help you to acelerate when the car is at a stand still. Save your money so you can afford to fix parts when you break them.
Old 06-05-2006, 12:32 PM
Tech Regular

yeah i under stand all of this, and most starter boxes are mega expensive, i im keeping everything plastic, i dont want alum. crap

i want a wing on the back its for looks, i could care or less about acceleration and all that stuff, i just want the look,

same thing as big roms on cars, they make the ride a heck of a lot more bumpyer, but some people like the look
Old 06-05-2006, 04:10 PM
Tech Regular

Just remember the wing is not just for looks it does function well with the car at speed. So if you have the stock wing use it. Dont get in over your head on modifications if this is just a basher for you.
Old 06-05-2006, 05:53 PM
Tech Elite

Something else you may also want to consider is that a wing will slow a car down. It does add down force which will help to keep the car stable when turning at high speeds on a race track. However, it also creates force that slows it down. Your truck will run faster with no wing at all then a truck with a wing.
Old 06-05-2006, 06:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jake alton
Dont loose the 2 speed learn to use it, because the JATO is so fast when second gear kicks in. I would put it up against any single speed RTR for PINKS.
Too bad for REAL stadium truck racing you can't use a 2 speed......

Any single speed RTR??? how about a ravager(.28 1/8th buggy)

But if you wanna bring your Jato to my local track I gotta GT
(and I know of a few others) and we'll be willing to lighten the load on your car by 5lbs.....
Old 06-05-2006, 06:45 PM
Tech Elite

lol, you have absolutely no need for a 2speed in stadium truck racing. I can acelerate hard down a 200 foot stretch and still have enough left in the engine to cause the car to pull a back flip. 2wd nitro is soo great because all you need is a $120 o.s. cv-r for most tracks and a truck. Its so much more afordable than 1/8th scale, however it requires soo much more driving skill that most people just don't have the patience to aquire.
Old 06-05-2006, 06:53 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

instead of trying to change this guys mind and giving him repetitive advice he obviously doesnt want, how bout answering his question. what most people do is the take a whole 1/8th buggy wing setup and drill holes in the shock tower to bolt it on.. you can also fashion an aluminum plate and fit it to that.
Old 06-05-2006, 07:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Actually I would look at a set of Losi XXX wingstays and a Kyosho Mini Inferno or Duratrax Vendetta wing... much more scale look

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.