R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 06-06-2006, 08:26 AM   #16
Tech Apprentice

that is all the run time i would get? wow no wonder everyone gets really fast chargers i think mine takes about 1hr or 1.5 to charge batteries at 1amp, no wonder everyone gets nitro i mean heck you just get outside and do a couple good jumps and your dead already. So i don't know now if it's worth the short run time to go with electric.
bpandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 04:25 PM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Valentin.H

GO ELECTRIC! i run electric, and bash both cars. i dont race. im just 15, and run rc for fun. both of my cars (bk2 and fttc3) are brushless!

the cars go super fast, with very low maintenence. Get the XXX-T some good batteries, and a decent servo.

XXX-T BRUSHLESS RTR II....price maybe around 300?
Charger...you already have one..but i suggest the duratrax intellipeak digital pulse charger....80 bucks
Batteries...good stick packs, maybe 30 bucks

thats about all you need to buy! go xxx-t brushless rtr! you will be happy!
Old 06-06-2006, 04:26 PM   #18
Tech Adept

An hour I'm not a elec. freak but when I had a 4-Tec and Stampede I had a 2500 pack and a trickle charger/discharger took 15 min dis. 15 charge
MarkieMark231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 04:28 PM   #19
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Guru
GO ELECTRIC! i run electric, and bash both cars. i dont race. im just 15, and run rc for fun. both of my cars (bk2 and fttc3) are brushless!

the cars go super fast, with very low maintenence. Get the XXX-T some good batteries, and a decent servo.

XXX-T BRUSHLESS RTR II....price maybe around 300?
Charger...you already have one..but i suggest the duratrax intellipeak digital pulse charger....80 bucks
Batteries...good stick packs, maybe 30 bucks

thats about all you need to buy! go xxx-t brushless rtr! you will be happy!
XXX-T Brushless is $379.99 up here and it's not much faster than your average stock motor you get with any old RTR so you need to do some upgrading
Old 06-06-2006, 09:34 PM   #20
Tech Apprentice

well im not wanting to race it Markiemark so im not worried to much about how fast it is im wanting a pretty fast easy to work on and fun to play with 1/10 scale electric RTR. And i really like this truck and i like Team Losi so im going to get it and i think by what RC Guru said i'll have fun bashing with it and just playing around in the yard and street. Im not much into how fast i can get it to go im wanting it for fun and bash. And im wondering why you only get 30 minutes of run time with electric? Also is it alright to charge the batterie the night before you run the truck? So that it's ready for in the morning? Thanks Aaron
Old 06-06-2006, 10:05 PM   #21
Tech Apprentice

also what is the difference between the a buggy and the XXX-T?
Old 06-07-2006, 01:15 AM   #22
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

OK, the buggy will be lower and faster, teh truck will be a little better for what you want to do with it. Batteries, I am lucky to get 15 minutes on a 3600-3800 NiMH pack, stock or mod, so for 30 minutes they must be talking LiPoly. A lot of the flashlighters that I know, myself included, charge our batteries the night before, saves time, and then you are ready to go, then when that battery is drained, let it cool, discharge, cool, charge and good to go, infact you can even just repeak the battery without discharging, but only one time, and then discharge and charge for sure. For these I would charge at no less than 3 amps for several reasons, A; takes to long at less than that: B; the higher the amps the quicker they run (trade off for a slightly shorter battery life): C; the batteries you buy will have ( if you buy matched) suggested charge rates/ discharge rates, and they are usually =5.0-6.0 amps. For batteries, you can now get 3300'3 for pretty cheap, and 3600's as well, I have been getting almost 4200 into 2 of my 3600 packs, at 6.0, 3.5, 6.0 amps charge rate (three stage charge). Do not skimp on a charger, get one that does at least 7 amps, and a decent discharge rate is nice as well. I run an Associated T4, adn they are a blast, I also have several Losi buggies, the XXX4 is a blast, goes about everywhere, and is quick.
HTH
Rod
gatermaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 01:43 AM   #23
Tech Elite

Send a message via MSN to ProudSavageOwnr Send a message via Yahoo to ProudSavageOwnr

on the run time issue u do get more run time with nitro......my charged 6v venom 1200 mah pack lasts for atleast 20 tanks in my savage.....untill the failsafe kicks in...with electric i gotta wait for like 40-60min to charge my nimh pack for my mini t and atleast 1 hour and a half for my lipo pack for my heli.... u just gotta love nitro. and i bet the neighbours wont realy mind...im in the city and there was only 1 neighbour who complained but he had a good reason too...2 year old son that couldnt get to sleep so we had a little chat and made up some times me and my mate couldrun out rc's...other than that all the little old ladies sit on their front porch and admire the scene
Raptor G4 ,Raptor e550,Gaui x5,Mini titan v2,Precision aerobatics bandit 4s monster,Carbon z scimitar Jr 11x
ProudSavageOwnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 08:20 AM   #24
Tech Apprentice

OK i just bought a Dynamite Prophet Plus without a discharger for $25.00 . But now im needing a discharger all in one unit correct? Ok well im wanting to go ahead and get one since i just payed 35.00 for my Team Orion Supercharge 1600NI-MG 7.2V for my MINI LST before i use that batterie. But im wanting one that is easy to use and i can use for any kind of batterie even when i get my XXX-T. So what am i wanting to get and how much am i looking at? Thanks again for all your help
Old 06-07-2006, 09:23 AM   #25
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

if your not going to be getting lipo, i recomend the novak Ionic, its farily inexpensive, but works really good, and has all the features you will need,

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=NOV4465

even if you were thinking of going lipo, you can get prett cheap lipo specific chargers if you ever choose to go that route,

LRP also makes some nice chargers too,
bobf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 10:17 AM   #26
Tech Master

you don't have to get an all in one, just makes it nice when you want to cycle, and have the time to charge and discharge all of the batteries. You can make a discharge unit with 1157 bulbs, 10-15 (20-30a), or pick up anything with at least a 20 amp discharge rate. The Smart tray or Indi Zero-30, the INdi reactor 30, are a few of them. I would plan on about 8-12 minutes of good run time on decent 3300's.
Rod
Old 06-07-2006, 10:00 PM   #27
Tech Apprentice

I think i might just save up some and wait until i can get a REVO. Instead of putting all the money into electric and not getting much runtime.
Old 06-07-2006, 10:05 PM   #28
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpandragon
I think i might just save up some and wait until i can get a REVO. Instead of putting all the money into electric and not getting much runtime.
hehe your back into gas? Should've kept that T-Maxx
Old 06-07-2006, 10:18 PM   #29
Tech Master

I can run 2 electrics almost all day long, you just have to have several batteries,
Rod
Old 06-07-2006, 10:28 PM   #30
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatermaxx
I can run 2 electrics almost all day long, you just have to have several batteries,
Rod
Good batteries can get quite expensive