R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 06-05-2006, 09:04 PM   #1
Tech Adept

Default Kyosho Inferno ST-S ( RTR truggy) any good??

hey guys im wondering if this truggy is any good??... i kno the ST-R is amazing hands down, but i cant afford one... so give me the scoop on this... i really need to kno if its worth it, i already have a V-spec and jp-1 waiting, and Jr sx3 radio... so thats good, but does it perform well on the track?
Pinnacle003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 09:30 PM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to WheelNut

If you already have everything you need to complete the ST-R just save your cash until you have enough, becuase the St-S isnt even close to it. Now I've never run an ST-S, but just look at it compared to the ST-R, its no race car. You could also consider the CRT pro kit, its not all that expensive. Besides why waste your money on the RTR gear that comes in the ST-S, you'll never use it, and you'll end up spending the difference and more probably on upgrading the ST-S to ST-R spec. I mean just upgrading the tires alone is a lot of money. Cheaping out on racing gear is NEVER the way to go, I've regretted it ever time, so I don't any more.
Old 06-05-2006, 09:31 PM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)

Nope, the parts quality of the truck sucks. If your low on cash then I would recomend running an msr. Mugen has released a full blow truggy and used msrs should start showing up for reasonable prices. I've seen the new mugen truggy pre-orders for around $510 shipped. I would expect you could find a top tier msr for under $375 shipped.
party_wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 09:32 PM   #4
Tech Adept

thanx guys...
Pinnacle003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 05:31 AM   #5
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Save up for the STR. Dont go MSR, dont go Jammin, dont go LSP. You obviously have your heart set on Kyosho, do it right the first time, and there will be no regrets.
Muswagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 06:46 AM   #6
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

If you want the RTR Kyosho truggy, wait for the US version. Steve Pond posted on Truggyracers all the stuff that the US version will come with and it will be well worth the wait.

As for the new Mugen, it is going to be priced below the Kyosho ST-R and Jammin X1-CRT, will have new hardcoated shock bodies, longer shocks, new F&R shock towers, re-geared F&R diffs, small buggy spur gear, revised chassis and chassis braces and long arms and drive shafts. Since Mugen team driver, Tyler Vik, bolted my Long Arm Conversion Kit on his MSR X5T, he has broke his local track record by 12 seconds and done very well at all the races he's been to. The new MBX5T is going to be bad-azz and when Scott Hughes and Bobby Tillman get one in their hands the others are going to have their hands full

Tonys Screws LLC
http://www.tonysscrews.com
High Grade Alloy Steel Screws, Screw Kits and Mugen Parts
TonysScrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 07:15 AM   #7
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonysScrews
If you want the RTR Kyosho truggy, wait for the US version. Steve Pond posted on Truggyracers all the stuff that the US version will come with and it will be well worth the wait.

As for the new Mugen, it is going to be priced below the Kyosho ST-R and Jammin X1-CRT, will have new hardcoated shock bodies, longer shocks, new F&R shock towers, re-geared F&R diffs, small buggy spur gear, revised chassis and chassis braces and long arms and drive shafts. Since Mugen team driver, Tyler Vik, bolted my Long Arm Conversion Kit on his MSR X5T, he has broke his local track record by 12 seconds and done very well at all the races he's been to. The new MBX5T is going to be bad-azz and when Scott Hughes and Bobby Tillman get one in their hands the others are going to have their hands full
Do you have more info on the new Mugen?
performula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 01:30 PM   #8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by performula
Do you have more info on the new Mugen?
What other info are you looking for?

Tonys Screws LLC
http://www.tonysscrews.com
High Grade Alloy Steel Screws, Screw Kits and Mugen Parts