Wiki Posts
Search

Ofna Starter...

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 03:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Ofna Starter...

A friend of mine recently picked up an Ultra Comp 2. So far, we've melted the pull start handle off twice. Now we're looking into alternate ways to start the motor. Short of lower mounts and a starter box, is there a cheaper way? I was thinking about the roto start system that comes with other models of the Ofna Buggies. Are they worth it, or should he just go with a starter box?
Old 06-04-2006, 06:16 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by R40Victim
A friend of mine recently picked up an Ultra Comp 2. So far, we've melted the pull start handle off twice. Now we're looking into alternate ways to start the motor. Short of lower mounts and a starter box, is there a cheaper way? I was thinking about the roto start system that comes with other models of the Ofna Buggies. Are they worth it, or should he just go with a starter box?

i'd recommend the starter box. a good quality starter box will turn over even those stubborn motors that are tight. where are you racing btw.......b&t by chance? check out what everybody else uses on race night.
Old 06-04-2006, 10:47 PM
Tech Elite

if ur melting ur handle theres somthing seriously wrong dude.... seriously.... thats the 1st case of handle melting ive heard of !

u can use either drill start or starter box...dont think theres something cheaper.....maybe u can hook up an electric motor or sumthing i dno lol