Search

Ideal ESC for BJ4 WE

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 05:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Ideal ESC for BJ4 WE

Guys,

I'd appreciate some advice on what the best all around ESC for the BJ4 WE kit would be. I plan to run a 10x1 Orion V2 motor. I'd like to have reverse.

Any advice/suggestions are appreciated!
Old 05-31-2006, 06:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

With a question like that you might want to state the price range you are looking to spend.

I'd say in that car brushless is the way to go. Wheelers are hard on motors and brushless are fast, efficient, and low maintenance. I know the novak gtb has reverse profiles, not sure about the LRP system. You're talking big bux for either of those though. But a high end speedo for brushed motors is pretty high dollar as well.
Old 05-31-2006, 07:28 PM
Tech Master

the GTX is great. thats what i run in my BJ4WE and it hasnt thermalled even without cooling holes and a 9x1 motor!!
Old 05-31-2006, 07:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Didn't even think to post what I run. I use an LRP Quantum 2 in my xx4 with a 9x2. No problems for me either. No reverse though. Both this and the above esc are great speedos. GTX doesn't have reverse either I don't believe.

Last edited by jbrow1; 05-31-2006 at 08:33 PM.
Old 05-31-2006, 08:14 PM
Tech Adept

I ran a 5.5 GTB Novak in a Lazer ZX-5 I owned. Worked well and has reverse with the brushless motor for sure...not so sure in Brushed mode.

The reverse limits you a lot, most good ESC's drop the reverse to shave size, weight, and circuitry problems that might cause the ESC not to be perfect for the racer.