R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 06-02-2006, 07:52 PM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

FBR, this is then the second thread where you haven't taken time to read what I have written and try and actually understand the things I say, as most do not.

I did nothing beyond ask him a question, hoping for an answer, because obviously I don't know what those tires are.

If you had read my second post you, would have seen where I said:

"...the pictures don't enlarge on one website, and the other doesn't have pictures...

Those tires don't appear to be aggressive enough for me though. I'm going to be running in very soft dirt."

Those 2 statements should have told anyone that followed the thread that 1: I believe shumacher tires are not aggressive enough for my applications and 2: I believe I could be wrong because the pictures don't enlarge.

No one told me what the tires were for or showed me larger pictures, so again I asked what they are for in a very simple manner, and again I stated I can't even see them because they are so small.

"How are they what I need? I can't even see them... I haven't got the slightest clue as to what the different compounds are, either. I only know Losi's compounds..."

How is that snippy?

Just because I don't talk like a typical illiterate American and you can't understand me doesn't mean I'm being rude.

I assume you are assuming I'm speaking these sentences in a rude tone purely based on the fact that I am talking in a way you do not (or something equally illogical), how about you use your brain and try assuming the opposite. We are speaking over texts here, it is IMPOSSIBLE for you to infer anything about my tone, unless I type in capitals, in which case that would mean I am either yelling (if everything is typed in capitals) or just emphasizing (if only one word is in capitals like above), or if I directly tell you what my tone is.

And one last thing, just to clarify, I'm not at all upset with Maxxcrazy, unless he, too, wrongly accuses me of being rude. I am, however, upset with FBR for accusing me of doing something I did not do, just as many others have purely based on the way I speak (I have tried to explain this to people every time I get accused of it, but no one seems to understand, and I refuse to dumb-down the way I speak). I've been persecuted all my life for the way I speak. Spent my childhood being made fun of and called "Webster." Look up the definition of a bigot, it, to a degree applies here.

Now can we PLEASE get back to talking about tires, instead of whinning about the way people talk online? I want nothing more than to discuss tires. I don't want to argue, I don't want people to pick fights with me because of how I talk, I don't want to upset people, I just want to discuss tires.

btw, the above text is in bold not because I'm yelling, but because I view that to be the most important part, the part I believe everyone should read.

Thanks
Chris
HVAC25000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 08:01 PM   #17
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBR
the schumacer tires are ran primaraly in the uk and they have some hard compounds but you would need to get with some of the uk guys to better answer that question check www.oople.com they have a forum and are helpful (just don't get so defensive)
So you are telling me that Maxxcrazy and dirtracer1 don't know what they are talking about? That seems a little rude to me. They offer me advice on Schumacher tires and you blatantly infer that they don't know what they are talking about by telling me to go to a different forum to discuss the tires THEY recommended. That's basically telling me to ignore them and go speak to other people. First you defend one of them against an attack that never existed in the first place, then you belittle their opinions with your absent-minded rudeness. Genius!

See what happens when people read between the lines too much? I can do it just as well as you

I really don't like hypocrites.

Ok, NOW we can get back to tires.
Old 06-02-2006, 08:09 PM   #18
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to squarehead Send a message via MSN to squarehead Send a message via Yahoo to squarehead Send a message via Skype™ to squarehead

Chris, the Schumacher mini pins are what most of the UK guys run on high bite astroturf or gym floors. They are much harder compounds than the tires we run here, and a lot smaller spikes, because they don't run loamy, loose dirt like we have here very often. I think they have one or two tracks there with dirt, that are more like TT or rally cross tracks here. The yellow compound is the softest they sell in Schumacher compounds, and is still harder than our Losi silvers.

Here's the rub. Unless you want to pay for UK to US shipping and a crappy dollar value overseas, you aren't going to find those tires here. You could easily order them from a UK company who would be happy to ship you a few sets to test, but a full set with inserts will probably run you close to $60, and you don't even know they will work on anything we have here.

I am in the same boat as you, with a 4wd Losi car that will be run about 95% of the time on ungroomed, 1/8th oriented, loose and dry tracks. I have already run the IFMAR studs (both F & R) on the XX4 on a surface like this, in a silver Losi compound with a firm insert, and found them to work VERY well.

Front:

Rear:

My second choice for a similar aggressive spiked tire was the very gnarly Proline Bowtie, in an M2 compound (which I also use on my 2wd with great success on the same surface). If the IFMAR studs hadn't have worked so well, I was going to go the "cut & shut" route to make myself a pair of fronts for the 4wd.

Proline Bowtie (rear):

I honestly do believe though, that the Losi IFMAR studs for the front and rear of a 4wd car (in a hard compound like silver) will be a very favorable tire if the track is at all loose dirt. Once it hardens up, you could then go to an IFMAR pin. I believe that Stormer Hobbies is a good source for these tires at a good price.

I wouldn't recommend them if they didn't work for me in a situation similar to yours.

doug
squarehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 08:09 PM   #19
Tech Master

So from the posts so far, am I to gather that the only companies making 4wd fronts are Pro-line, Losi, and Schumacher? Ifmar Studs, and the rest for harpack tracks it would seem.

Unless someone can point me somewhere I haven't looked
Old 06-02-2006, 08:14 PM   #20
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to squarehead Send a message via MSN to squarehead Send a message via Yahoo to squarehead Send a message via Skype™ to squarehead

Also, there is a nice tire resource burried on Losi's site here with photos of the tires, if you didn't know what was out there already and what worked and where.

You can also find tires by Panther Racing, but they do tires more suited to hardpack tracks in the US. Outside of that, your selection of 4wd tires for ungroomed tracks is astonishingly limited.

[edit]Also for "street" tires, there are a couple of treaded tires that ProLine makes (who also is suffering from a deceased website at the moment) that would qualify as streeters. Try a Dirt Hawg for something street/basher in construction, or do what many others do, and grind down a taper pin Losi tire. At least you'd then have a tire that worked on hard-pack, too.
squarehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 09:55 PM   #21
Tech Master

Thanks, apex!

"They are much harder compounds than the tires we run here, and a lot smaller spikes, because they don't run loamy, loose dirt like we have here very often."

So, run soft tires in soft dirt and vice-versa? I always thought hard tires would be better for soft dirt, and soft tires for hard dirt? What should I do about inserts? Run hard or soft ones?

Just as a side note, the reason I asked about street tires is because a friend of mine has plans of setting up a road course on a basketball court at night to run his xxx-4 on, and I figured I might as well join in. Seemed like a way to beat the heat, without buying a road car
Old 06-02-2006, 10:37 PM   #22
Tech Addict

there are other manufactures that have there own house brand of tires......tamiya comes to mind. i'm sure there are others. here's a tamiya tire. it took all of 10 seconds of looking on the internet to find it. if you can find rctech, then you can find google. it's this new fangled internet widget thing that searches the internet for you. just type in whatever it is that your looking for and it finds it for you. amazing what computers can do now-a-days, huh. they even have the internet on them now.

damn dude......you asked if there are other tire manufactures out there that make 4wd tires. i pointed you towards schumacher and provided a couple of links to get you started. then all you did was bitch that those links didn't have the pictures you wanted. your not helpless (well....maybe you are, i don't know for sure), but you can do your own damn research. there are other companys out there.....all you have to do is look for them.

start looking and stop yer you big baby.
Attached Thumbnails
4wd 1/10 tires-tamiya-4wd-front.jpg  
Losi XXX-MF2/CRC SC
B&T R/C - http://b-treman-rc.valp.net/btrchome.htm

Last edited by dirtracer1; 06-03-2006 at 01:27 PM.
dirtracer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 10:44 PM   #23
Tech Master

Well said dirt!
Old 06-03-2006, 12:04 AM   #24
FBR
Tech Adept

hvac i apologize if i offended you i must have hit a nerve

as for not answering your questions i tried to point in a direction that could get you better answers regarding the schumacer tires since they are ran mainly in the uk
www.banzaimotors.com
FBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 12:25 AM   #25
Tech Master

Yes, FBR, you did. I don't enjoy being accused of doing things (especially being rude) I didn't do. I don't think anyone likes being accused of doing things they didn't do, unless that thing they are being accused of is a good thing. People do it a lot to me because they don't stop and think that just MAYBE I don't mean to come across as offensive, and that they are just imagining that I'm being snippy or whatever because they don't understand the way I talk. BTW, from now on, instead of sticking your fat nose where it doesn't belong, let people fight their own battles. If Maxxcrazy had gotten offended by what I said, that's his battle, not yours. For all we know he may have understood that I was asking a freaking question, not being mean.

Wish I'd been warned that dirtracer1 is a douchebag.... I'd have pre-ignored him. Oh well, better late than never.
Old 06-03-2006, 12:51 AM   #26
FBR
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVAC25000
Yes, FBR, you did. I don't enjoy being accused of doing things (especially being rude) I didn't do. I don't think anyone likes being accused of doing things they didn't do, unless that thing they are being accused of is a good thing. People do it a lot to me because they don't stop and think that just MAYBE I don't mean to come across as offensive, and that they are just imagining that I'm being snippy or whatever because they don't understand the way I talk. BTW, from now on, instead of sticking your fat nose where it doesn't belong, let people fight their own battles. If Maxxcrazy had gotten offended by what I said, that's his battle, not yours. For all we know he may have understood that I was asking a freaking question, not being mean.

Wish I'd been warned that dirtracer1 is a douchebag.... I'd have pre-ignored him. Oh well, better late than never.
I was trying to take the high road by apologizing apparently your not.

good luck
www.banzaimotors.com
FBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 09:12 AM   #27
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVAC25000
I don't mean to come across as offensive,

you might not mean to......but you sure as hell give it your best shot. your pretty damn offensive.

btw....you wouldn't have to use your ignore button so much if you didn't go around pissing people off so much after they offered you help......ya think?
Losi XXX-MF2/CRC SC
B&T R/C - http://b-treman-rc.valp.net/btrchome.htm
dirtracer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 09:24 AM   #28
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexSpeed
I am in the same boat as you, with a 4wd Losi car that will be run about 95% of the time on ungroomed, 1/8th oriented, loose and dry tracks. I have already run the IFMAR studs (both F & R) on the XX4 on a surface like this, in a silver Losi compound with a firm insert, and found them to work VERY well.
Doug,

I run on a similar type of track as you. I found Losi IFMAR studs on eBay in the "Gold" compound. I assume this is harder than the silver. Are they worth buying or should I stick to the silver?

Thanks!
Associated SC10.2, RC10B2, RC10T2, RC10
pumpkinfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 06:05 PM   #29
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Cain,

I dont think the cutting will work on Losi step pins, they have a bizarre profile which would end up making the final product shorter if you make them 2wd width.

Ifmar studs work great on my ball bearing like track (loamy loose dirt). I will be trying studs in the back too, as the rear steps wear too quick.

I scored two sets of front Ifmar studs on ebay a few days ago. I also found some Trinity 4WD front spikes at StormerHobbies, not sure what they look like, but for $4.99 a pair its worth a looksie.
Muswagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 10:44 PM   #30
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I made my own bow tie fronts and they seem to work pretty god on the loose stuff
mrrc is offline   Reply With Quote