R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 05-31-2006, 01:05 PM   #16
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to rhymster

i have a jr nes-4735 for my steering servo. the question is is this a good steering servo? i have looked for it and cant find anything about it. also the servo makes this noise when it is sittin unless i barely turn the whhels with my transmitter is it goin bad?
rhymster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 01:13 PM   #17
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BSchorr Send a message via Yahoo to BSchorr Send a message via Skype™ to BSchorr

What is the Torque and Speed on that servo?

Here is the order i would upgrade a standard xxx-nt knowing you have a good engine you just bought

1. Rock Concepts Rear Aluminum Pivot block (get this one, its for teh AD2, the other ones you see have 2 degrees of rear toe-in, i think the AD2 calls for like 3 or 4 degrees? Aaron can clear that up

2. Get your self the good AD2 shocks and a spring assortment

3. Good Steering Servo. like 90+oz. of torque, .10 or below for speed

4. Good built tranny, Acer ceramic dif balls are nice, My dif is still butter smooth after 1.5 gallons of fuel.

Old 05-31-2006, 01:24 PM   #18
Tech Regular

i have no idea what the specs are on the servo thats why im askin it seems to have good enough steering but then again i had a tird nitro stampede before this truck so i have really nothin to base it by
Old 05-31-2006, 01:24 PM   #19
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

That JR 4735 is about 6 or seven years old, I had one on an old Schumacher. It has the torque (85 oz) and the speed .12 sec @ 6V that you need for steering. Use it until it burns out.

The stock shocks are fine but you should rebuild them and replace the seals. Get some springs, I've had very good use of reds all around with 30 to 50 wt oil on a mid to high traction clay track.

You may wish to consider replacing the ball cups with captured ball links on the camber rods in front and back.

Aaron is correct that the new AD2 battery box is made from a different material and seems to be stronger but I had the Native box in place before the AD2 came out.
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 01:40 PM   #20
Tech Regular

so u think itll be enough for racing? i have red springs up front with 35 and orange springs and 40 weight in the back i have upgraded my chassis to graphite kickplate center brace suspension towers but i left the plastis arms on it. i just cant wait for my first race!
Old 05-31-2006, 01:50 PM   #21
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yes, it should be fine. This isn't a 4WD Monster Truck you're talking about so the front end isn't very heavy. The only drawback is the holding power of that servo which isn't as good as any of today's digital servos but for torque and speed it's more than enough.

The graphite chassis parts won't hurt or help much but since you have them then go with it.

The shock springs and oils sound good but you'll know more once you hit the track. If there are any other Losi drivers ask them for the best tire set up for the track. Don't ask the drivers that are hitting anything that doesn't move but ask the A-Main guys what their set-ups are. That will bring you into the ball park, the rest is up to you, your skill and how much time you devote to practice.

BTW, I race a pretty much box stock XXX-NT (not an AD) with a Fantom .12R and AD pipe/manifold. I usually end up either in A or B main.
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote