R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 05-28-2006, 04:04 PM   #1
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Ultra comp 2 electronics?

I've looked high and low, searched 2 forums, and asked around. I even went to Ofna's site, nothing, just shows some pics. Nobody can tell me what the radio is like in the Ultra Comp 2 RTR. I'm getting a friend into the hobby. He ran a stadium truck last night at the races, but as soon as he and his dad saw the buggies run, they were SOLD! I don't wanna get them into a car that's going to need a new radio as soon as he buys it. This is specifically for racing, so we want something that won't brake, or be slow to respond. The crap that came with the last RTR I bought was a joke, but I've been competing for a couple years, and recognize a weak servo when I see one. I'm trying to find out the torque specs for the SX-0001 servo. Does anyone know what they are? I found where one RTR actually uses that servo for the throttle. That tells me it's not very impressive. What do you guys think?
R40Victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 05:59 PM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The Ofna RTR's come with an Airtronics Blazer standard radio. And the SX-001 servo is a standard servo with around 45 in.oz..... Electronics wise the CEN Matrix is probably the best equipt buggy, it comes with an MX3 FM radio, all that they would need is a good steering servo.....

Pitman for Team Dallas Austin...
IMPACTPLAYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 08:26 PM   #3
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thank you, glad I now know...cause that'll never work, at least not for racing. I have old crap servos with better specs than that laying around my work area... The reason we're lookin at this particular car is mainly it's price. His dad isn't willing to drop very much on a first car. I wanted him to get the Turmoil, because it comes with a DSM radio. In my opinon, that's worth much more than fancy mixing and dual rate options that he'll never use.

I think he'll still get the car, as far as I know, there's no more efficiently priced option.
R40Victim is offline   Reply With Quote