R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 06-02-2006, 01:24 PM   #31
Tech Adept

I would think as fanatical as TM is about CG that if the tank filler is indeed central mounted at the top it would only be the filler neck leading up there not the whole tank. They have also become real fanatical about right to left balance latley.
Motorman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 05:57 PM   #32
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Tabushi Send a message via Yahoo to Tabushi

Motorman,

Wow man, im sold to TM ... but i left onroad last christmas to dedicate myself to offroad (as you may know, im still traveling a lot because of my job so its impossible to go with onroad and offroad everywhere on planes) ... since i left onroad i sold all my TM equipment to a guy who is inlove with the car and i was talking and talking with Nick-Ko about a TM Offroad project, he never told more than "something will appear, but i dont know when" and now that i have 2 weeks with my jammin sponsorship i receive this news !!! man i want to kill myself, im very happy with the Jammin, made the first place on B-Main and made 3rd place on A-Main at the Mexican Nationals 2nd stage last weekend on my very first offroad race so im seeing a lot of racing in offroad for me in the future

Well, i think i will just stay watching about the M1 at least until January 2007 and make a desition of switching back to TM or not ... in my country (Chile) will be held the 2007 Southamerican Offroad Championship so MAYBE would be a nice place to debut with TM (will participate pilots from Brazil, Chile, Uruguay, Argentina, maybe Mexico and Venezuela).

cya !! Dennis, good luck with the M1 project, i wish TM nothing but success on this ...

E-Mail : [email protected]
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/patoconcha
Whatsapp : +56 9 66165085
Tabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 05:51 AM   #33
Tech Master

Part 3
http://www.teammagic.com.tw/en/newsf...09143113-70718

Welcome to the flying wing
Old 06-09-2006, 06:44 AM   #34
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Estimated cost?
performula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 07:42 AM   #35
Tech Adept

All I can tell you is it will be between the Jammin and the 777. I won't know where its going to fall price wise until mid Aug sometime. Dealer preorders at Phenix will start around that time for september release.
Motorman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 09:46 AM   #36
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to Tabushi Send a message via Yahoo to Tabushi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorman2
All I can tell you is it will be between the Jammin and the 777. I won't know where its going to fall price wise until mid Aug sometime. Dealer preorders at Phenix will start around that time for september release.

Dennis,

When you will get your first "Test-Buggy" ?, to start knowing from a pilot about the M1 performance ?

E-Mail : [email protected]
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/patoconcha
Whatsapp : +56 9 66165085
Tabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 12:56 PM   #37
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorman2

wow , that is way beyond my budget unless I win big on a lottery

the flying wing look just amazing, but I wonder if there a weak point on the arm by mold in a Alu. tube instead of full plastic arm?
I am also quite curious how do they mount that pivot ball on the rear upper link. anyone has any idea?
Old 06-09-2006, 03:26 PM   #38
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

As someone who is looking into 1/8 buggies, the M1 definitely looks interesting. However, a few things bother me.

Being a designer myself, any form of innovation is seen as a positive step, I'm just wondering if they didn't miss the ball on a few points:

-in part 2, we see the uber-nice center diff assembly. While it's great that they went and mounted it perfectly central (with regards to left/right), this will most likely mean that the spur/engine will, as a result, have to be offset from to the left of the car, and since the engine is heavier than the diff assembly... Wouldn't it make sense to mount THAT closer to the center? I think this is where Losi got it right-on with the 8ight...<--just thinking out loud.

Diff cover. Nice idea, assuming it isn't too heavy. I worry about having gears half-covered like that: uncovered spurs/pinions on electrics are fine, as any debris that might get to the gears will just be flung-off by centrifigal force anyway. With a cover, debris can be flung off the gears as they're spinning, and might bounce off the cover and back into the gears.

Suspension arms: I think this is where I could have easily gone a step further and made both the upper and lower arms into proper aerofoil shapes; completely slick surfaces with only the hardware mounting point holes to disturb airflow... Best of all, they'd be able to provide real downforce, and still be sturdy enough to take a pounding. I originally came up with that idea for electric tourers, but I don't see why it can't be adapted for nitro buggies
captain america is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 04:07 PM   #39
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to SkarTisu Send a message via Yahoo to SkarTisu

Agreed, Captain. I wonder what parts support will be like. I'll admit I live in a cave, but I'd never heard of Team Magic in on-road before. This car is VERY interesting, but if I can't get it, or if I can't get parts easily, then I can't really run the car no matter how cool it is.
SkarTisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 08:14 PM   #40
Tech Master

I am the US importer and I can promise you parts will not be an issue. we keep 70 grand in inventory just to support the G4S line right now. We will have parts. Period.

Scartisu, your probably familiar with the Trinity G4 and the Reflex? Those were Team Magic Cars

Motorman and Motorman2 are the same person.

Dennis Richey
Phenix Distribution Inc
Old 06-13-2006, 01:47 PM   #41
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)
Send a message via AIM to micrors4guy

this car is catching my eye, just this waiting and showing stuff in peices is agverating! lol
Old 06-13-2006, 02:39 PM   #42
Tech Regular

Magic as been around for a long time. The best I remember a guy that ran for trienty came up with his on line of electric goods. Magic motors. I cant remember what his name is but he won some 10th scale onroad pan car classes. Maybe his name was Joel Johnson??
Anyway A guy that raced with us in a parking lot track had an onroad car that was made by magic. Very nice looking car with all the bling
but he never could get it to hook up. Then he went to a Nitro TC 3 and know one could touch him. Such a shame such a sexy ride could not do good on the track, what a waste! Almost like a hot sexy girl thats a bad lay.
kyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 03:14 PM   #43
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Part 4 the Steering system, look like the fuel tank is partially center mounted too

http://www.teammagic.com.tw/en/newsf...16173243-64379
Old 06-23-2006, 11:39 PM   #44
Tech Master

part 5
full central mounted fuel tank. It fills dead center from the top of the car. no reaching through the window.
If this buggy isn't starting to get your attention yet you must be dead.

http://www.teammagic.com.tw/en/newsf...23174819-81730
Old 06-23-2006, 11:45 PM   #45
Tech Master

all 5 sections
section 1
Attached Thumbnails
New Team Magic Buggy!-m1_part1_1.jpg