R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 03-12-2007, 09:03 PM   #286
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

oh ok... that must have only been Dave Crompton trying that out...

If i can get the rear end a little more planted and a good shock setup I know this car will be the fastest at the track!
TMizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 09:30 PM   #287
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMizzle
oh ok... that must have only been Dave Crompton trying that out...

If i can get the rear end a little more planted and a good shock setup I know this car will be the fastest at the track!

If you use the new rear wing and Rear shocks on the front that is exactly what you will acheive.

Originally i was trying to get the rear end planted by trying different setups on the rear of the car but its actually the front end causing the issues.

When you run the Rear shocks on the front it "loosens" the front end a little which in turn calms the rear end down.

You know when you are going through a corner and for no real reason the rear end will break out mid corner??? When you make these changes this will not happen any more.

TRUST ME JUST TRY IT!!!!

Cheers

Ari
OLD 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 09:31 PM   #288
Company Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMizzle
Also, when running the rear shocks on the front, dont you have to limit the uptravel as well?
No we did not limit the up travel or down travel.

Ari
Old 03-12-2007, 09:34 PM   #289
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to THUNDERPAINT!

TMizzle.. here is a set-up that i used on the weekend and the car was awesome to drive, had some slight understeer but you could persevere with it ...... ari's set-up is also very similar except for swaybar and diff oils

cheers
ben
THUNDERPAINT! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 10:07 PM   #290
Tech Initiate

Send a message via Yahoo to jonehrc

David Crompton won with his M1B

Well done to Team Magic as a whole
jonehrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 10:19 PM   #291
Tech Initiate

Send a message via Yahoo to jonehrc

Quote:
Originally Posted by THUNDERPAINT!
TMizzle.. here is a set-up that i used on the weekend and the car was awesome to drive, had some slight understeer but you could persevere with it ...... ari's set-up is also very similar except for swaybar and diff oils

cheers
ben
Ben, we've just posted the news on the recent AWJ Nitro challenge and RubeDudeRC really has interesting coverage.

Quote:
The buggy final proved to be a war of attrition with some great action and dissapointment for some, needless to say it was good to see two M1's make it up to the finals this time neither Ari or Michael Zlotkowski made it but the class M1 gunner in the finals was none other than Ben Darley proving the M1 is a force to be reckoned with!
Well done!
jonehrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 10:33 PM   #292
Tech Adept

thanks joneh,
ari was the stand out m1 driver as usual but he lost radio in the semi so unfortunately for him that was his weekend over.... he would have won if he progressed through to the final... ari's car was insanely fast!!!

but it was good to see that i put the m1 into the final and that the knockers will see the potential this car has....

i must also thank ari and his company HEI for all the support and help that he has given me not just over the weekend but constantly... the guy is a true gentleman in every sense of the word
Old 03-12-2007, 10:51 PM   #293
Company Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by THUNDERPAINT!
thanks joneh,
ari was the stand out m1 driver as usual but he lost radio in the semi so unfortunately for him that was his weekend over.... he would have won if he progressed through to the final... ari's car was insanely fast!!!

but it was good to see that i put the m1 into the final and that the knockers will see the potential this car has....

i must also thank ari and his company HEI for all the support and help that he has given me not just over the weekend but constantly... the guy is a true gentleman in every sense of the word
Geeez thanks Ben, you arnt too bad yourself. My receiver failed in the Semi and that was the end of my weekend. The car was on fire too.

And as for the support, anytime champ.

Ari
Old 03-12-2007, 11:08 PM   #294
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to jfc_tech

we @JonehRC.com proud to have a bit coverage on the M1B buggy. Every opportunity we can get, we covered Team Magic M1B buggy story anywhere in the world.

All the best to you all.

*** any freelance reporter?
Old 03-12-2007, 11:12 PM   #295
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to jfc_tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD 69
Geeez thanks Ben, you arnt too bad yourself. My receiver failed in the Semi and that was the end of my weekend. The car was on fire too.

And as for the support, anytime champ.

Ari
Is that u Ari Bakla? Congrats on the truggy.. but probably wrong thread here to discuss that, eh?
sorry to hear the bad radio though.
Old 03-12-2007, 11:21 PM   #296
Company Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfc_tech
Is that u Ari Bakla? Congrats on the truggy.. but probably wrong thread here to discuss that, eh?
sorry to hear the bad radio though.
Yes it's me. Thanks dude the Truggy was dialed. Yeah you get that with electrics.

Ari
Old 03-13-2007, 01:17 AM   #297
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to weaponx

Can someone please explain to me the eason for putting the larger rear shock bodies in the front. By doing this doesnt it decrease the amount of uptravel due to the longer body? I am just curious, and the reasoning behind it. Thanks
weaponx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 01:20 AM   #298
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaponx
Can someone please explain to me the eason for putting the larger rear shock bodies in the front. By doing this doesnt it decrease the amount of uptravel due to the longer body? I am just curious, and the reasoning behind it. Thanks
read post number 287 that should give you the answer you are looking for....
Old 03-13-2007, 01:33 AM   #299
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to weaponx

Thanks for the answer and I had previously read that post. Although I am still confused as to why a longer shock body, that is going to limit the amount of travel, is going to help. Where all the changes made at one time.(larger wing shock bodies?) Maybe the larger wing solved the problem, and the larger shock bodies are not needed. I am not trying to cause trouble, just trying to figure out what it is exactly in the longer shock body that is making such a difference if it indeed does. Thanks
weaponx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 01:42 AM   #300
Company Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaponx
Yes it does decrease the uptravel BUT the uptravel with the rear shocks up front makes it the perfect amount.

The original front shocks have a body and shaft combo that is too short (mainly the body), this creates too much uptravel due to the short body. This in turn means that the down travel is less. This creates the front end to be too locked in to the track causing the rear end to break out.

Running the rear shocks on the front will give you a little more down travel. More importantly at full down travel the shock piston does not bottom out on the shock body. When you push down on the front shocks it feels the same all the way through the shock motion, this is due to the piston being in the middle of the shock body while at ride height.

When running the original front shocks the shock feels like it gets harder while pressing down on the front end. Changing to the rear shocks on the front will elminate this, thus giving a looser (less locked in) feeling on the track.

Sorry for the blurb, i hope you all understand what i am trying to say. If you dont, once again just trust me on this one it works.

Ari