R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 05-26-2006, 06:36 PM   #16
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to SavageSYNTH25

If you're going OFNA, I'd stick with a Hyper 7 PCR (Or any H7 for that matter; stay away from the Pivot Ball or "PBS" versions) or a Hyper 8. Parts support is excellent for the H7, and the H7 is definately a great learning platform- handles well, is very stable, and reacts to changes predictably. The Hyper 8 looks very nice as well, and at $420.00 for a complete ARR Pro kit, you can't beat the value. It seems to be holding up well on the track, as well.

The Jammin series is Ofna's next top level offering, and is a great car (I've spent a few years with them) but is a very aggressive and hard car to drive. I loved the car, but I'd rather than run consistent laps with my Xray than fast but erratic laps with the Jammin'. That's all personal preference, though.

SavageSYNTH25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 07:09 PM   #17
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Jammin`145 : No, i wasnt at c&c last weekend, i want to go sometime, but ive been kind of " faithfull " to RF, i help run the track now in summer time, there have been some action there lately, quite a few new guys have been comming out. Anyhow, im looking to get a buggy really soon, im thinking getting a new one would be best, you never know what you get when you buy used, but if the right deal comes up, i might even go used

Proudsavageownr : Is this the engine your talking about ? http://www.thundertiger4u.com/pro21bxr-p-7552.html

If so, its a pretty good price !

Savagesynth25 : So pivotball suspension is no good ? i thought that was the best ? what else should i get ?

Again, i apreciate all your help !
Swede#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 07:12 PM   #18
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to WildChild

C-Hub...has the best turning...
WildChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 07:49 PM   #19
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to DaRaceMasta

if you want to race these are some of the buggies to check out and research to pick the right one:

*Kyosho 777 sp2
*Mugen MBX5 pro spec.
*Hong Nor X1CR pro
*CasterRacing ZX-1 pro ( www.casterracing.com )
*Hyper8
for the cheapest prices on parts and buggy go Caster zx-1 and they are just as good if not better than any other pro race buggy. here in Aus you can get one for $750AUD and the Mugen MBX5 pro spec for $1300AUD so you see what i mean, cheaper doesnt mean worse quality.
Old 05-27-2006, 08:01 PM   #20
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Make sure you have part support
Old 05-28-2006, 05:06 AM   #21
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to DaRaceMasta

thats right, the most important thing parts support, also make sure its a good reliable buggy.
Old 05-29-2006, 04:25 AM   #22
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

With guys like Amainhobbies , Carolina's R/C , and RC Buggy Shop parts are only two days away at the best prices. I would buy a few items to keep on hand for spares such as front & rear lower arms, shock shafts and rod ends.

The Hyper 8 looks like a great buggy and should be pretty durable. I drive a Mugen MBX5 and its very easy to drive, parts support and setup help is available and I think it is by far the most durable buggy out there. You don't need a ProSpec either. The Standard kit is only $460 and doesn't need any upgrades except for maybe a front shock tower if you're prone to crashing alot ...LOL

For the engine, look no further than the Novarossi 21BF 3-port. You can get them for $165-175 shipped. They run great and last a long time. Mine took 2 gallons to loosen up (very tight motor) but screams up top now. It's by far the best bang for your buck in the nitro engine dept.

Don't forget you'll need a starter box too . Since this is your first buggy, I'd highly suggest buying new. What you'll learn in building it is worth it. Plus you'll know what a new "tight" car feels like.

Best of luck,

Tonys Screws LLC
http://www.tonysscrews.com
High Grade Alloy Steel Screws, Screw Kits and Mugen Parts
TonysScrews is offline   Reply With Quote