R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 05-18-2006, 06:55 AM   #1
Tech Adept

Default 1/8 diffs need help

hey guys its about time to change my oil in my diffs on my sp1... the only thing is i dont kno how to rip them all apart... and i dont understand the exploded views in the manual... SOMEBODY HELP ME
Pinnacle003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 08:09 AM   #2
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

uhhhh....the manual is pretty clear. There should be two cross pins....wait a minute....open the damn things up and look at it beofre posting again. You'll figure it out. You did figure out how to type on the computer, you should be able to figure out a diff.
Crim3Wav3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 11:14 AM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

LOL
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 12:17 PM   #4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to WildChild

the manual compared to the xray one SUX...

open it up and if you have any ?'s get back on here...dont mind those who dont want to help out those that need a little help now and then...if you need or want help or opinions...pm me...

crimewave...thats so stupid...maybe some arent as smart as you...if you dont want to help dont post...dont be a jackass...posting like that bring bad light on the hobby...and also pushes people away...
WildChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 12:35 PM   #5
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I work at a hobby store part time, and I often get stupid questions, After people realise how stupid the question was after I show them how something works. They say, "Man I feel sooo Stupid," and I say, "I'd rather feel stupid and have my problem solved without incident than have something serious go wrong!"

It's ok to have a stupid question, I of course don't say it's stupid, unless It's someone I know pretty well. Once you show them, the'll see how easy it is and next time they will be more inclined to check it out on there own first before asking questions again!

I once did something really stupid. I dropped my old M8 radio, and for some reason it wouldn't respond when it was on. I racked my brain for a week, untill I saw that there's a button that lets you adjust your setting without having the radio on. that switch somehow got flipped when I dropped it. I didn't realise it until some one told me to flip it back. Then everything was all good again.

The problem was that I didn't ask some one to help me and because of it I wasted a week on something stupid. So Like I say, I'd rather feel stupid than have something more serious go wrong. I almost bought a new radio because of it!
Old 05-18-2006, 12:45 PM   #6
Tech Adept

hey guys... i took it apart, it seemed pretty easy lol ... i dont have any diff oil, but this is on a parts buggy i got so i just took the ones off that one apart... seemed real easy... im stupid!!... im still having troubles with the center one though
Pinnacle003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 12:52 PM   #7
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Sorry guys,

Seriously though, i didnt mean to be a jackass....I too had this same question when I first started out. I didnt want to ask people how anything worked. then, all of a sudden, i started to get it. Because I did it myself.

So, Kudos Pinnacle, for taking the problem on yourself. I bet you learned ALOT more by doing so than anyone could have if they talked you through it over a forum.

Hand holding in this hobby is cool. But there seriously comes a time (like when youre preping for the D-main or just out in the middle of a field somewhere where there is nobody there to walk you through fixing, for example, a clutch.) that you have to do it yourself.

Also, patience with this process will make you ultimately happy with the hobby. It really is a hands-on thing. Get them finga's dirty and you'll be a happy camper when you figure it out.

Again, Im sorry if i came off like a dick. But just look, he went and did it himself before posting again
Crim3Wav3 is offline   Reply With Quote