R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 06-11-2006, 12:31 AM   #31
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to DiscoDan

Quote:
Originally Posted by manokgt4
Hi Guys,

New to this thread. Thinking of going back racing 1/10GT's. What is the good 1/10 Stadium trucks nowadays? RC10GT, Losi, MST-1 ect.. And what good engines are they? OS?
Also, I am in Socal and where are the tracks?

Thanks
My votes are for the RC10 GT, and the OS CV-R12
DiscoDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 12:38 AM   #32
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoDan
My votes are for the RC10 GT, and the OS CV-R12
Thank you DiscoDan. Do you need to upgrade stuff off the box or just run it stock?
manokgt4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 10:45 AM   #33
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to bumm_off_street

rc10 gt- is a good truck to start off with becuase it comes with everything and doesnt need that much hopping up

rush evo- good truck for the money but you will need to put alot of money into it to make it race ready (plus youll get made fun of for racing hpi) lol CRAP

duratrax nitro evader- same price as rush evo with an 18 os engine and a tuned pipe and shocks .. amazing truck id ike to think it is one of the best
bumm_off_street is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 03:00 PM   #34
FBR
Tech Adept

i'd hold out for the gt2 should be out shortly
www.banzaimotors.com
FBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 08:59 PM   #35
Tech Adept

that truck is so sik i want one !!!
Old 06-12-2006, 10:06 PM   #36
Tech Apprentice

which truck are you talking about?
bpandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 05:57 AM   #37
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to AE guy

Associated GT2

There I hoped that worked lol, the gt2 is just what it sounds like when you think of the T4 series....The second Gt and obviously much improved from associated I expect, and yes I agree it looks marvelous.
AE guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 08:52 PM   #38
Tech Adept

yep just writing this message to keep us ontop of the forum llool

got some driving intoday i wanna bring my truck to a oval track :P
Old 06-14-2006, 09:34 PM   #39
Tech Apprentice

Are they more for racing more than anything? Im wanting either the XXX-T or an XXX-NT but this truck looks sweet. Do they hold up to much bashing?
bpandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 09:50 PM   #40
Tech Adept

lol for bashing the "fun" factor is there because they slide around and dont grip as much as 4X4 but yeah they are mainly for racing just make shure to find out what your hobby shop carrys sometimes 2X4 parts are hard to find espeically TL ...at least over here.. lol just find out
Old 06-14-2006, 09:58 PM   #41
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpandragon
Are they more for racing more than anything? Im wanting either the XXX-T or an XXX-NT but this truck looks sweet. Do they hold up to much bashing?

Nice Losi Stadium trucks like this are more for racing. If you want a basher, you're looking at more of a traxxas rustler or duratrax evader most likely. But it's never a good idea to buy one of those really you'll regret it even for a basher trust me, everything about them is a bad idea basically, and high quality tracks won't have parts for them, like mine only has losi and associated so yeah forget those and read on.

Team Losi and Team Associated are the more general racing stadium trucks known to rc offroad racing. The XXX-T would probably be nice, you're options are a little more open, easier to get into since you sound new to the stadium truck genre...and also easier to get going virtually pro with a brushless and lighter/stronger parts to get closer to a basher if you'de like? Bashing will probably break your servo, maybe front knuckles, possibly body mounts with light bashing, say this because all of those things have gone in my t4 literally riding around my yard when I first got it. With offroad racing jumps cause more serious breaks, but atleast you'll have the parts with a good losi like the t or nt that you want.

Then can take mild abuse, but please no DUI I've seen it cause a bent tomahawk alum. chassis on this forum.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:26 PM   #42
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to DiscoDan

I just got my T4 today.. now I have a backup ST and a backup MT... should never be broken down at a race again lol. I guess I better get another buggy!

The T4 is fun to play around with.. I cant wait to get it to my track and try it out
DiscoDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 10:48 AM   #43
Tech Adept

I'm glad, although theres a few things I should let you know that you'll be need with a T4....being the owner of an $800 one...

That associated motor is cheap and will burn out quick. Even with the stock gearing that thing will be smoking after just about five minutes, literally everyone would smell mine burning the first time I raced it on carpet....Do me a favor and go brushless! The t4 is so versitile that you can race it anywhere on anything basically and you'll go through comm and brushes asap trust me the T4/B4 rise to another level with brushless, better performance, no maintenance(possibly a little bearing lube at the beginning), and even slightly better battery life.

If you are racing offroad, keep those shocks nice and dust/dirt/rock free with some cheap covers before you need a rebuild

The body mount design on the T4 is not exactly flawed but liable to break upon direct impact, due to how they protrude outward away from the tower...I broke both rear ones in one flip over with my stock motor, not about force just the angle of impact can ruin them quick, alum. I broke both body mounts, a front knuckle, and servo all in my driveway lol

Ebay is a great place to look for T4 bodies, surprisingly theres a lot of custom painted bodies on ebay for this car, far more than other cars typically are for sale for the T4. If you race the stocker body, it's almost a big neon sign that says T4 noobie, learned this the hard way and I raced some guy who had the same blue one...not cool

Full metal geared servo for any car basically, JR has metal gears throughout the whole servo I know for a fact.

This car tends to weigh a lot more in the back compared to some others. You want to try to lighten the back, and weigh the front down a little bit more, because when you jump it goes basically vertical, but a simple tap on the reverse sends it back, but a bad nose dive equals broken parts, just happened to me the other day on a big jump on my offroad track.

Those stocker tires are okay, but not for everything obviously. I changed my front tires for offroading because I felt they were losing grip on me, and with a fast motor they don't bite good at all in even slightly loose dirt.

for aluminum, I find ebay is a fast cheap and easy way because this truck is so popular, tower isn't even necessary. for shock covers, www.badhorsie.com has high quality low priced and fast shipping covers for this truck. You may want to have back up plastics instead atleast for racing such as knuckles or mounts, I lost ten dollars and three heats because I didn't do this lol

Not trying to make you look stupid, you most likely know all this, but this is a general stadium truck thread, just throwing it out there.
Old 06-15-2006, 10:56 AM   #44
FBR
Tech Adept

he never said he got an rtr

normally we add an ounce to ounce and a half to the rear of the truck to settle it down a bit, if you need some setups for race conditions let me know what your raceing on and try to link you to a setup that similar to your track conditions
travis
www.banzaimotors.com
FBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 11:12 AM   #45
Tech Adept

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBR
he never said he got an rtr

normally we add an ounce to ounce and a half to the rear of the truck to settle it down a bit, if you need some setups for race conditions let me know what your raceing on and try to link you to a setup that similar to your track conditions
travis
He said it's fun to play around with... I doubt he means a box full of parts to play with...

The race "setups" for this car are typically best gained by experience, adding what you need. He's new, so it's not like he needs a fully factory team T4 right off the bat or anything like that. I replaced the parts I broke and added an LRP/Reedy brushless which is what the actual associated sponsored racers actually use. I don't exactly think he needs a full race set up so soon...he hasn't even gone to the track yet!