R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 05-17-2006, 09:25 PM   #16
FBR
Tech Adept

Easy there Birdman has someone do his site for him. I think he has a phone number on his packaging the best bet woud be to call him. He is very pleasant and personable to talk to. As for you paying almost 50 bucks for your motor I would take that up with your hobby shop I think he has those marked for 42.95 retail but of that I'm unsure. I just checked the birdman site and he does recommend a 16/86 as the starting point but that being said yes the motor can work in a truck but i never liked the feel of it in a truck it was a good buggy (preferred a green 3 based one personally) motor for a truck i have always preferred a p2k or p2k2 based motor if your after more punch try a heavier spring on it if you want to run the motor again now the dyno sheets these are a useless tool unless you are comparing motors from the same company or at the very least ones that are dyno'd the same way i quit using dyno sheets for this reason i'll pick up a motor and tweak on it until it does what i want it to do
Travis
hope this helps in some way
www.banzaimotors.com
FBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 10:36 PM   #17
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeetleBailey
Thats funny. It came with 767's and the bushings are polished. I just pulled it apart to check what I could do. I just think it was crap to begin with. I now don't trust the sheet that was with it. I'll still see what I can't do with it. But if it dosen't compare with my CORE then ohh well.JMO

Well thats the funny one.Birman doesnt use 767s lol.Not on stock motors atleast.I know this as fact.

I also know he doesnt do spit to the bushings.Like I said earlerier.No good motor tuner can stay in biz if they put to much work into one motor.The materieals arent that cheap.Even in bulk.SO if they spend more then 30 min on one motor their losing money, big time.

You know what.I htink your a total n00b.Seriously, no driver with any skill in this hobby crys cuase their new stock motor is slow.They just go and tune the shit out of it and MAKE it fast.Or give it to some kid.Now quit your bitching and call Birdman up and tell him your situation.If anything hell send you a new motor.
Old 05-17-2006, 10:38 PM   #18
FBR
Tech Adept

he just started reaming the bushings he told me this sat night and has only been doing that for about 2 months
and true his brushes are his own and custom cut
www.banzaimotors.com
FBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 10:39 PM   #19
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (96%+)
Send a message via AIM to dgullickson Send a message via Yahoo to dgullickson

Quote:
I would!! But money is tight right now. I guess I'll just have to try and mess with this and my other one. I just got informed our point series starts this weekend. It was a last minute deal.

At your race make sure its legal to run that motor. Birdman swaps the spring posts to use standard springs on both sides which is not ROAR Legal. Just a heads up as I am not sure how strict your track is on ROAR rules.

If you need any help I would be happy to help

Last edited by dgullickson; 05-20-2006 at 11:29 AM.
dgullickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 10:40 PM   #20
Tech Master

thatoneguy- why are you such a jerk to people? i asked for help and you just got pissed. if you dont like what people say then just skip over it. people like you scare others away.
Old 05-17-2006, 11:03 PM   #21
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TexRacer

Quote:
Thats funny. It came with 767's and the bushings are polished. I just pulled it apart to check what I could do. I just think it was crap to begin with. I now don't trust the sheet that was with it. I'll still see what I can't do with it. But if it dosen't compare with my CORE then ohh well.JMO
I wont be rude at all but something is VERY fishy here.BIRDMAN doesnt use Reedy 767's in his motor's.
He uses a brush similar to Putnams.

Dgull-Cool to see your trying to help.

Guys,

The motor could have been damaged in transit,dropped by someone at the store and more.If it's truly a DUD then birdman will take care of you.
It may be just the gearing or a bad batch of brushes.Maybe they ran good in the beginning and dried out or something?
Im not making excuses Im just showing you that THINGS HAPPEN.
Cut the motor,put Reedy 767's on both sides and Red Springs on both sides.
Try a 16,17 and then a 18 till you find what it likes.
Goodluck with the motor and after these changes if it's still a DUD contact Birdman and he will take care of you.Get the packaging or contact the store to get his #.

P.S.S.Im not sponsored or affiliated by Birdman.I just know that if something is truly wrong with the motor he will help.He is a stand up guy.

Im sponsored by someone else.

Regards,
Les

Last edited by TexRacer; 05-19-2006 at 07:12 AM.
TexRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 11:35 PM   #22
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (96%+)
Send a message via AIM to dgullickson Send a message via Yahoo to dgullickson

BeetleBailey - Good luck with your race this Weekend

Last edited by dgullickson; 05-18-2006 at 07:18 PM.
dgullickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 06:18 AM   #23
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by That0neguy
Well thats the funny one.Birman doesnt use 767s lol.Not on stock motors atleast.I know this as fact.

I also know he doesnt do spit to the bushings.Like I said earlerier.No good motor tuner can stay in biz if they put to much work into one motor.The materieals arent that cheap.Even in bulk.SO if they spend more then 30 min on one motor their losing money, big time.

You know what.I htink your a total n00b.Seriously, no driver with any skill in this hobby crys cuase their new stock motor is slow.They just go and tune the shit out of it and MAKE it fast.Or give it to some kid.Now quit your bitching and call Birdman up and tell him your situation.If anything hell send you a new motor.
#1 I did make a mistake on the brushes. They are not 767's. I only have 5 motors torn apart right now. I grabbed the wrong endbell during inspection. My bad.
#2 If you want to get into a pissing match about "noobs" go find a different thread. I've been around long enough to know better.
#3 My whole point to this was find out if anyonelse has problems with these motors. I've heard of several people having problems with them.
BeetleBailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 07:11 AM   #24
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TexRacer

Beetle-I didnt call you a Noob in anyway but I almost have to ask now.lol.
Just messin.
You mixed up endbells and dont remeber which one went where?Thats a noob mistake.lol.Again just playing.
I wanted to clear up that there is NO WAY your motor had 767's is all.
There are alot of things that could have happened to that motor and while it is STILL probally hand picked in some sort of way I would simply do the tuning you know and if it doesnt come around CALL Birdman.Being he travels alot email is not the best avenue.

767's,red springs and go with it.If it doesnt work contact dennis via phone.

Les

Last edited by TexRacer; 05-19-2006 at 07:13 AM.
TexRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 07:27 AM   #25
Tech Regular

Thanks for the help Les. I made an honest mistake. I've had alot on the table the past week. I'm going to pick up some brushes in a little while and try them. If it dosen't work then I'll give him a call.
Old 05-18-2006, 08:45 AM   #26
Tech Legend

This is`nt the best place to get hold of Denise....

Should of called um up, then you would learn Denise is real cool !
go ahead, CALL UM !
He`ll will do what ever he can to improve your motor`s performance...

Dave ...

Woof-WOOF ! ?

More like

Caaa - Cheek !!!!
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 03:28 PM   #27
Tech Addict

Dennis is a very cool guy, and yes he will set you strait.
Old 05-18-2006, 03:34 PM   #28
Tech Addict

Dave, Les, and Dennis are all good guys. I hate to see a thread like this go down in flames. I have three of Daves motors and one was an absolute pig with no hope. Even after Dave had me try some different springs and brushes. The others are great. I have tried two Birdman motors and they were both OK. I bought two motors from Les and they are the fastest motors I have ever used to date. But Les asked what my application was first and tuned accordingly. The point is, eventually everyone gets a bad one, but what you do with it is up to you. My pig motor is tucked away untill a young novice is really needing a motor and then it'll be his to learn with. Even a pig will perform fine in the novice class.
cbrfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 03:52 PM   #29
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrfreak
Dave, Les, and Dennis are all good guys. I hate to see a thread like this go down in flames. I have three of Daves motors and one was an absolute pig with no hope. Even after Dave had me try some different springs and brushes. The others are great. I have tried two Birdman motors and they were both OK. I bought two motors from Les and they are the fastest motors I have ever used to date. But Les asked what my application was first and tuned accordingly. The point is, eventually everyone gets a bad one, but what you do with it is up to you. My pig motor is tucked away untill a young novice is really needing a motor and then it'll be his to learn with. Even a pig will perform fine in the novice class.
This my point!! I said that if it didn't do what I wanted, I would give it to my son. I'm not trying to start anything. I just wanted peoples opinions.
Old 05-18-2006, 04:03 PM   #30
Tech Addict

Through all the noise there is some good advice and opinions. btw, I have taken to tuning my own motors now. If they suck then there is nobody to blame but myself. Besides we're all in this for the fun!
cbrfreak is offline   Reply With Quote