Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Novak Brushless Problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 04:06 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Novak Brushless Problem

Has anyone had a problem with the motor going dead during a run or after a crash then coming back on line? I'm currently running the 6.5. I did not have this problem with the 5.5. Sometimes it comes back by it self and other times I have to turn the ESC off then back on.
Old 05-14-2006, 07:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Sounds like it is thermaling. Have you monitored the temps on the motor or ESC? Perhaps it is over-geared or something binding in the driveline?
Old 05-14-2006, 07:58 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It happenrd to me one weekend. I had a loose wire. I had spliced the motor wires and one had come loose. I could not see it. I had to tug on it to discover it. Good luck.
Old 05-14-2006, 09:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

My buddy has this happen everyonce in a while, or after a big jump, it isn't like with the brushed motor s where they get stopped and you slap the bottom and roll them back and forth for a second, it actually goes offline. I know that somewhere I saw someone recommending using a capacitor with the end made into a connector plugged into the receiver, this keeps the voltage there for the receiver, especially if you are running spektrum.
HTH
Rod