R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   RCX 2006? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/113802-rcx-2006-a.html)

Platinum_Racing 05-12-2006 09:43 PM

RCX 2006?

Yeah... so we travelled the 3,500 miles via plane to get to Anaheim for the 2006 RCX convention last weekend. All in all we got a lof of great shots and interviews to use for the Ezine. This is the current level of coverage we're offering, because I just got our server repaired, as we were'nt able to upload anything for the last 2 or 3 days now.

Link: http://www.teamplatinumracing.com/fi...y/RCX/rcx.html

So, tell me what you think of the pics and movies. It was our first trip to California, and I just have to ask all the guys who live out there one quesions: How the Hell do you do it? Things are so organized, so clean, so proper, and so... well.... not Massachusetts-like. It's wierd. The buildings are clean and there aren't any real form of protection against inclimate weather, the roofs are flat, cars are clean, not a spot of rust anywhere, roads are still uncracked and smooth, people don't drive 110 down the highways, people actually wait for crosswalks, and things are build correctly out there. When Boston was built in colonial times the settlers followed the cows, which is why it developed, well, bass-akwards. All of California is a huge grid, with city blocks and everything. In Boston you could probably find a house parked under an overpass if you looked hard enough... yes, we're that stupid.

HotrodHopkins 05-13-2006 04:36 AM

nice vid platinum, looks like you had fun.

Platinum_Racing 05-13-2006 09:12 PM

You have no idea! I come back on the plane and 2 days later I have 2" of water in my basement. If I could, I would've stayed in California! A bit smoggy in the morning, but nice and sunny all throught the day! Here, I still need to get an engineer and a construction company to come leech 25 grand out of me for a new septic system, and it's been raining for the last week now and there's no signs of stopping until next Thursday. I already am flooding!!!

Get me a ticket back out there, quick, someone... before I drown! :eek:

HotrodHopkins 05-14-2006 04:10 AM

oooo, that sucks. sumpump break?

Platinum_Racing 05-14-2006 12:02 PM

No, it still works. It's just that there is nowhere for the water to go. Plus, the pump somehow was located at the highest possible point in the basement.

We went out to get another one, to pump the water from the low spots into the sump, but 2 Home Depot's, a Lowes, and a Sears were all out of pumps... Shop Vac's and even in some cases display models!

So we are using a Shop Vac to take all the water away, then we dump it into the sump... and I also have one of those little dustpan's that flip down so you can push dust into them, then flip it back up to hold the dust. I use that to put water in, then dump it into a huge tub which gets emptied into the sump. Believe it or not, this system works just as good as the vacume!

Roads everywhere are closed, on the way to the stores we saw at least 2 or 3 parking lots with at least 3' of water in them... yes... THREE FEET of water.

We had to traverse large lakelike puddles that cross over roads, and go through detours that led through other less flooded (But still overly flooded) sections of road. My yard is a swimming pool, and in some parts the water can reach 9" or more... it's not looking good. Has any of this been on the news recently? It's all they're talking about here on the weather forcasts.

HotrodHopkins 05-14-2006 12:10 PM

wow. that's not good, lol.

at work we use them wet/dry vacs constantly, works great.

DUB_Ben 05-14-2006 12:21 PM

RCX was hella fun this year. Too bad about your floodin tho, that sucks.