R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 05-08-2006, 06:25 PM   #1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default No Buggies in stock. No LOSI No Associated

What gives?

Last year around this time we could not get LOSI at any of my 3 LHS.

This year the B4 is MIA, nothing in stock and Horrizon has nothing(B5 coming?? Who knows but even so where are all the B4 cars?) Neither Team nor FT is instock..

This year Losi has a new car, wow lets release the car late like mid June.... well into the offroad season. The Bk2 is more expencive then the new car coming out so how do you advise guys to buy the old car for more money. Currently i see horrizon with this car in stock....

We have a few guys that want to run this summer but cannot get cars that they want....

Excuse my rant/whine

For real though any info about AE and why there 3/4year old car is not instock at distributors?
Old 05-08-2006, 06:36 PM   #2
Tech Elite

I'd assume that the production costs for the XXX CR are lower than they were for the BK2. Don't complain about getting a good deal!

Honestly, I have no idea why the shortage of kits. Historically, 2wd electric buggies are not the hottest sellers in the off-road market and maybe Losi and Associated are focusing their current efforts on other cars, but I can't imagine they've simply run out of buggies.
Old 05-08-2006, 07:25 PM   #3
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to nutfluff
Default Pink Tires

What about Losi Pink Tires??? I've been waiting for Pink X's and Tapers FOREVER??!!!! Mr. Waldron???
nutfluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 07:46 PM   #4
Tech Elite

Again, I have ZERO idea...but I'm assuming (and that's usually a bad thing..haha) because it's summer and outdoor season, that Losi is running more Reds and Silvers than anything right now.
Old 05-08-2006, 08:01 PM   #5
Tech Master

AE is thinking about a B5 but nothing has been planned yet. there has been shortages of everything since the new year
Old 05-09-2006, 12:10 AM   #6
Tech Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutfluff
What about Losi Pink Tires??? I've been waiting for Pink X's and Tapers FOREVER??!!!! Mr. Waldron???

red taper`sare also still on backorder .
but good news ...

Japan just recieved their Red`s last week , as soon as the backorder`s are filled we should see red taper`s back in stock soon....

Well,,I hope so anyway....

I know nothing bout the pinkX though

also

my local track TRCR has`nt had a Ae buggy kit sence back in December

Last edited by Wild Cherry; 05-09-2006 at 12:45 AM.
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 05:14 AM   #7
Tech Elite

The thing thats hard to understand is that AE is pimping the B4 all througout all the major mags. The new RTR SE and championship hertiage blah blah blah!

Ill excuse Losi, out with the old in with the new, but i have hard time believing that no kits are availble? Surely the have requests other then my club?
Old 05-09-2006, 07:08 AM   #8
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to squarehead Send a message via MSN to squarehead Send a message via Yahoo to squarehead Send a message via Skype™ to squarehead

I know you want to patronize your local hobby shops, but you CAN find cars online, through stores and even eBay. I don't know why there is a shortage of cars (and parts—AE hasn't shipped TC threaded shocks for months), but there is a chance that the supply is not meeting current demand because of the recent boom in off road racing, and the demand is higher.

With a kit that is not new to the market, manufacturers can and will only produce what they think the market can support. With a change in the market's wants and needs (and who can predict anything in the R/C industry) it seems to have surprised both Losi and AE. Hard to blame them, though. Off road has been one of the red-headed stepchildren of racing for the last few years while touring cars and monster trucks sell like Talking Elmos and Christmas.

They'll catch up to supply eventually. That doesn't help you in the short term, but like I said, you can find a new kit if you really want one.

doug

[post script; the pink compound tire thing is very frustrating and has nothing to do with the summer outdoor season. They have been very difficult to find since early last winter, and kept me away from the indoor season on dirt where you either have the single tire that works, or you don't race. I gave up on them and planned for the outdoor season instead.]
squarehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 10:37 AM   #9
Tech Apprentice

AE is working on there new RTR race spec B4 and T4 so they have kinda put some of the FT kits on the Back burner i heard that they may change a few things but i don't think so. I say a few weeks the RS RTRs will be out and everything will be back to normal. As for losi stuff i think its kinda the same way, but not 100% sure on that one.
BGrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 10:42 AM   #10
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

From what I heard, the only thing holding back the production of the AE kits was the threaded shocks... they switched companies that was making them or something, but they have it worked out now and kits are starting to show up at shops again.

As for the Losi tires, they are being produced, but they can't produce them fast enough for the demand, since we all know Losi tires are the only ones worth running in offroad We are getting partial shipments at our shop every 2 weeks or so. The key is to order about 50 pair, because they only ship about 25% of each order. Then we get about a dozen or so pair in at a time.

On the Losi kits, I can only guess that they are really busy with a new buggy, 1/8th scale, and monster truck coming out. Some of the new buggy parts are going to be backwards compatible and use the same mold, but slightly modified, so my guess would be that none of the old stuff would be produced since the molds were modified for the new stuff, which will work on the old car yet. Thats just an assumption, so don't assume thats the exact reason. The new car is less than a month away though and will be totally dialed, so parts will be available soon enough.
Old 05-09-2006, 07:45 PM   #11
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexSpeed
Hard to blame them, though. Off road has been one of the red-headed stepchildren of racing for the last few years while touring cars and monster trucks sell like Talking Elmos and Christmas.
TRu dat. thus the reason my main intrests are in touring cars. But we decided to go retro last summer and relive the days of old by running a stock buggy series we used to run about 6 years ago when offroad was hot. We had a good small sereis last summer and are back again for some casual racing this summer, problem has been locally guys cant find new cars. ITs all good i got mine! I can see that buggies take a back seat to touring and monsters
Old 05-10-2006, 12:49 PM   #12
Tech Adept

It's funny. In the winter you can't buy pink tapers because demand is too high. In the spring you can't buy them because demand is too low.

Don't get wadded Aaron.... Just busten ballz.

It is a pain getting a hold of those, though. Especially before Winter Champs at CRCRC.
Bodido is offline   Reply With Quote