Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which mini 1/18 offroader?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 01:50 AM
Tech Elite

Default Which mini 1/18 offroader?

wats a good mini offroader?? im leaning towards the losi mini T or i can get the thunder tiger ZK2......is the mini T any good?? is it fast etc....does it take a rechargable hump pack? i dont realy know jack crap about eletric...so any help would be much appreciated....THANNNNKS!!!!
Old 04-30-2006, 03:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hey Proud,

I have two of the Associated mini's, the 18t and the 18b. Effectively they are the same car and they are very, very good in my opinion. They are shaft driven 4WD's and therefor the handling is very good (although I would recomend changing the stock tires if you want better traction). They come with a wall charger, controller and 1100mha battery. The wall charger takes ten hours so if you can use a normal charger it is better.
I race them at my club and have raced against the Losi mini t's with various motor specs in the Losi and I have beaten them all easily. It is not a fair comparison because of the Associated cars being 4WD, but.....

I would consider the 18T or 18B, they are awesome. Fast, durable, easy to maintain (the gears are uncovered so I would suggest buying a gear cover from driven productions. Sorry I can't give a link, they're re-building their site) and from Associated.
Old 04-30-2006, 04:08 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by B4Bandit
Hey Proud,

I have two of the Associated mini's, the 18t and the 18b. Effectively they are the same car and they are very, very good in my opinion. They are shaft driven 4WD's and therefor the handling is very good (although I would recomend changing the stock tires if you want better traction). They come with a wall charger, controller and 1100mha battery. The wall charger takes ten hours so if you can use a normal charger it is better.
I race them at my club and have raced against the Losi mini t's with various motor specs in the Losi and I have beaten them all easily. It is not a fair comparison because of the Associated cars being 4WD, but.....

I would consider the 18T or 18B, they are awesome. Fast, durable, easy to maintain (the gears are uncovered so I would suggest buying a gear cover from driven productions. Sorry I can't give a link, they're re-building their site) and from Associated.
i would but its out of my price range man.....i thought of those but the 2 i mentioned are wat i can get straight away 2morow
Old 04-30-2006, 06:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ProudSavageOwnr
i would but its out of my price range man.....i thought of those but the 2 i mentioned are wat i can get straight away 2morow
Bugger Is it sometimes better to wait a while to get what you would really like? The Losi car is a good car though. I am generally an impulse buyer and I have never regretted anything I bought from Associated. If you have another car at the moment you could hold off and save. I don't know. Not trying to be your mum or anything but you said you would get one if it was in your price range, well it might not be in the range for tomorrow but how long would it take to save for the 18B. It might be in your price range in a few weeks??? They handle so much better it's not funny.
Old 04-30-2006, 10:27 AM
Tech Rookie

I have a mini-t its verry fun,durrable.you can buy the mt18 motor for $11 from LHS with a little dremmeling makes the mini-t ripp.faster than $40 trinity monster
Old 04-30-2006, 10:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Guys,

And what about the Vendetta buggy from duratrax ?
Old 04-30-2006, 10:53 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I own a Duratrax Vendetta and I love it. I have upgrade the batter to a GP1100 and the thing rips.
Old 04-30-2006, 11:32 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

i've owner most of the 1/18 offroaders, and have sold all of them and settled with the xray m18t..thing is way superior to the AE...the rc18t's driveline is horrible!! the xray is definitely a racer

if you intend to bash, the losi mini lst is a nice choice
Old 04-30-2006, 11:37 AM
Tech Adept

The only thing with the Mini LST is that when you put hotter motors in it, the diffs start blowing...
Old 04-30-2006, 12:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Flying_Ace
The only thing with the Mini LST is that when you put hotter motors in it, the diffs start blowing...

i've had mine from the 1st day of the release and have yet to blow a diff!!..thats with a BL setup then switching to a trinity 14t cobalt that puts out insane torque..the key is shimming the diffs up and using good lube!!
Old 04-30-2006, 03:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by B4Bandit
Bugger Is it sometimes better to wait a while to get what you would really like? The Losi car is a good car though. I am generally an impulse buyer and I have never regretted anything I bought from Associated. If you have another car at the moment you could hold off and save. I don't know. Not trying to be your mum or anything but you said you would get one if it was in your price range, well it might not be in the range for tomorrow but how long would it take to save for the 18B. It might be in your price range in a few weeks??? They handle so much better it's not funny.

be serious with u i just wana start with electric because over the 8 years i been into nitro ive developed some brain damage from the fumes that i breath in and stuff...so i wana start getting into electric because its much cleaner and safer than nitro in terms of health.....ive got 5 nitro RC's and love them aLL!!

with the AE stuff i dont realy getmuch parts for those...ive got some kind of AE i think its and OLD DT10 thats got a diff engine setup and i snapped a rear uni shaft and cant find 1....

im gona go with the losi mini T its cheaper and i aint realy saving up im just getting it because i went to worth n i dont want somthing realy expensive....just somthing to stop working on my nitros for awhile.....and bash around the house lol...

ifu got a mini t can u please add me on msn or yahoo

[email protected]
[email protected]

ThankS !!!!

and the 1st mods im planning to get for my mini t are GP1100's,ball bearings,hotter motor and some oil filled shocks
Old 04-30-2006, 04:08 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ProudSavageOwnr

and the 1st mods im planning to get for my mini t are GP1100's,ball bearings,hotter motor and some oil filled shocks

18T comes from the factory with bearings, oil filled shocks, and the motor is too fast for the chassis (on dirt anyway). The mini T is a joke compared to the 18T, in my opinion.
Old 04-30-2006, 04:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Manning
18T comes from the factory with bearings, oil filled shocks, and the motor is too fast for the chassis (on dirt anyway). The mini T is a joke compared to the 18T, in my opinion.

I KNOW THAT but i dont like AE stuff...