R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-30-2006, 02:50 AM   #1
Tech Elite
 
ProudSavageOwnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Leboland Sydney NSW
Posts: 2,826
Send a message via MSN to ProudSavageOwnr Send a message via Yahoo to ProudSavageOwnr
Default Which mini 1/18 offroader?

wats a good mini offroader?? im leaning towards the losi mini T or i can get the thunder tiger ZK2......is the mini T any good?? is it fast etc....does it take a rechargable hump pack? i dont realy know jack crap about eletric...so any help would be much appreciated....THANNNNKS!!!!
__________________
FG leopard comp w/Trevor Simpson 28.5 bzm crank
HIP Baja 5sct
AE tc5 3.5t speed monster,Futaba 4pks
Raptor G4 ,Raptor e550,Gaui x5,Mini titan v2,Precision aerobatics bandit 4s monster,Carbon z scimitar Jr 11x
ProudSavageOwnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 04:56 AM   #2
Tech Fanatic
 
B4Bandit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sydney, Australia. St Ives RC Club.
Posts: 960
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Hey Proud,

I have two of the Associated mini's, the 18t and the 18b. Effectively they are the same car and they are very, very good in my opinion. They are shaft driven 4WD's and therefor the handling is very good (although I would recomend changing the stock tires if you want better traction). They come with a wall charger, controller and 1100mha battery. The wall charger takes ten hours so if you can use a normal charger it is better.
I race them at my club and have raced against the Losi mini t's with various motor specs in the Losi and I have beaten them all easily. It is not a fair comparison because of the Associated cars being 4WD, but.....

I would consider the 18T or 18B, they are awesome. Fast, durable, easy to maintain (the gears are uncovered so I would suggest buying a gear cover from driven productions. Sorry I can't give a link, they're re-building their site) and from Associated.
B4Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 05:08 AM   #3
Tech Elite
 
ProudSavageOwnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Leboland Sydney NSW
Posts: 2,826
Send a message via MSN to ProudSavageOwnr Send a message via Yahoo to ProudSavageOwnr
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4Bandit
Hey Proud,

I have two of the Associated mini's, the 18t and the 18b. Effectively they are the same car and they are very, very good in my opinion. They are shaft driven 4WD's and therefor the handling is very good (although I would recomend changing the stock tires if you want better traction). They come with a wall charger, controller and 1100mha battery. The wall charger takes ten hours so if you can use a normal charger it is better.
I race them at my club and have raced against the Losi mini t's with various motor specs in the Losi and I have beaten them all easily. It is not a fair comparison because of the Associated cars being 4WD, but.....

I would consider the 18T or 18B, they are awesome. Fast, durable, easy to maintain (the gears are uncovered so I would suggest buying a gear cover from driven productions. Sorry I can't give a link, they're re-building their site) and from Associated.
i would but its out of my price range man.....i thought of those but the 2 i mentioned are wat i can get straight away 2morow
__________________
FG leopard comp w/Trevor Simpson 28.5 bzm crank
HIP Baja 5sct
AE tc5 3.5t speed monster,Futaba 4pks
Raptor G4 ,Raptor e550,Gaui x5,Mini titan v2,Precision aerobatics bandit 4s monster,Carbon z scimitar Jr 11x
ProudSavageOwnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 07:19 AM   #4
Tech Fanatic
 
B4Bandit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sydney, Australia. St Ives RC Club.
Posts: 960
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudSavageOwnr
i would but its out of my price range man.....i thought of those but the 2 i mentioned are wat i can get straight away 2morow
Bugger Is it sometimes better to wait a while to get what you would really like? The Losi car is a good car though. I am generally an impulse buyer and I have never regretted anything I bought from Associated. If you have another car at the moment you could hold off and save. I don't know. Not trying to be your mum or anything but you said you would get one if it was in your price range, well it might not be in the range for tomorrow but how long would it take to save for the 18B. It might be in your price range in a few weeks??? They handle so much better it's not funny.
B4Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 11:27 AM   #5
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 13
Default

I have a mini-t its verry fun,durrable.you can buy the mt18 motor for $11 from LHS with a little dremmeling makes the mini-t ripp.faster than $40 trinity monster
rustyrever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 11:43 AM   #6
Tech Elite
 
Tabushi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Chile - Southamerica
Posts: 3,029
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Tabushi Send a message via Yahoo to Tabushi
Default

Guys,


And what about the Vendetta buggy from duratrax ?
__________________
Patricio "PATO" Concha

E-Mail : [email protected]
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/patoconcha
Whatsapp : +56 9 66165085
Tabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 11:53 AM   #7
Tech Adept
 
Flying_Ace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Langley B.C.
Posts: 246
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

I own a Duratrax Vendetta and I love it. I have upgrade the batter to a GP1100 and the thing rips.
__________________
Brady Janson

www.racetechhobbies.com
Flying_Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 12:32 PM   #8
Tech Addict
 
acsubie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 531
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

i've owner most of the 1/18 offroaders, and have sold all of them and settled with the xray m18t..thing is way superior to the AE...the rc18t's driveline is horrible!! the xray is definitely a racer

if you intend to bash, the losi mini lst is a nice choice
acsubie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 12:37 PM   #9
Tech Adept
 
Flying_Ace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Langley B.C.
Posts: 246
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

The only thing with the Mini LST is that when you put hotter motors in it, the diffs start blowing...
__________________
Brady Janson

www.racetechhobbies.com
Flying_Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 01:43 PM   #10
Tech Addict
 
acsubie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 531
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying_Ace
The only thing with the Mini LST is that when you put hotter motors in it, the diffs start blowing...

i've had mine from the 1st day of the release and have yet to blow a diff!!..thats with a BL setup then switching to a trinity 14t cobalt that puts out insane torque..the key is shimming the diffs up and using good lube!!
acsubie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 04:24 PM   #11
Tech Elite
 
ProudSavageOwnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Leboland Sydney NSW
Posts: 2,826
Send a message via MSN to ProudSavageOwnr Send a message via Yahoo to ProudSavageOwnr
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4Bandit
Bugger Is it sometimes better to wait a while to get what you would really like? The Losi car is a good car though. I am generally an impulse buyer and I have never regretted anything I bought from Associated. If you have another car at the moment you could hold off and save. I don't know. Not trying to be your mum or anything but you said you would get one if it was in your price range, well it might not be in the range for tomorrow but how long would it take to save for the 18B. It might be in your price range in a few weeks??? They handle so much better it's not funny.

be serious with u i just wana start with electric because over the 8 years i been into nitro ive developed some brain damage from the fumes that i breath in and stuff...so i wana start getting into electric because its much cleaner and safer than nitro in terms of health.....ive got 5 nitro RC's and love them aLL!!

with the AE stuff i dont realy getmuch parts for those...ive got some kind of AE i think its and OLD DT10 thats got a diff engine setup and i snapped a rear uni shaft and cant find 1....

im gona go with the losi mini T its cheaper and i aint realy saving up im just getting it because i went to worth n i dont want somthing realy expensive....just somthing to stop working on my nitros for awhile.....and bash around the house lol...

ifu got a mini t can u please add me on msn or yahoo

[email protected]
[email protected]

ThankS !!!!

and the 1st mods im planning to get for my mini t are GP1100's,ball bearings,hotter motor and some oil filled shocks
__________________
FG leopard comp w/Trevor Simpson 28.5 bzm crank
HIP Baja 5sct
AE tc5 3.5t speed monster,Futaba 4pks
Raptor G4 ,Raptor e550,Gaui x5,Mini titan v2,Precision aerobatics bandit 4s monster,Carbon z scimitar Jr 11x
ProudSavageOwnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 05:08 PM   #12
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 403
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudSavageOwnr
..........

and the 1st mods im planning to get for my mini t are GP1100's,ball bearings,hotter motor and some oil filled shocks

18T comes from the factory with bearings, oil filled shocks, and the motor is too fast for the chassis (on dirt anyway). The mini T is a joke compared to the 18T, in my opinion.
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 05:40 PM   #13
Tech Elite
 
ProudSavageOwnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Leboland Sydney NSW
Posts: 2,826
Send a message via MSN to ProudSavageOwnr Send a message via Yahoo to ProudSavageOwnr
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning
18T comes from the factory with bearings, oil filled shocks, and the motor is too fast for the chassis (on dirt anyway). The mini T is a joke compared to the 18T, in my opinion.

I KNOW THAT but i dont like AE stuff...
__________________
FG leopard comp w/Trevor Simpson 28.5 bzm crank
HIP Baja 5sct
AE tc5 3.5t speed monster,Futaba 4pks
Raptor G4 ,Raptor e550,Gaui x5,Mini titan v2,Precision aerobatics bandit 4s monster,Carbon z scimitar Jr 11x
ProudSavageOwnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WTT: AcerAspire5315 for RC offroader Eagleman75 Australia For Sale/Trade 4 08-24-2008 05:50 AM
Newbies for offroader 1/8 oriongoh Malaysian R/C Racers 203 08-10-2008 11:47 PM
TA05 Offroader Aegis Singapore R/C Racers 19 01-03-2008 01:00 AM
yokomo tc into 4wd offroader TZona Electric Off-Road 6 11-21-2006 09:21 AM
WANTED: Offroader viet_mafia Australia Wanted to Buy 2 02-05-2006 12:30 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:08 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net