Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How Competitive?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 04:05 PM
Tech Rookie

Default How Competitive?

A friend of mine showed me his T-Maxx and of course after seeing his I just had to have my own, so I got my Nitro Rustler. I have been dabbling in the hobby off and on for awhile now but recently I decided I want to get into racing. My question is, will my Rustler be competitive with the guys running Losi/Associated/whatever trucks or should I upgrade to a new truck. I know there is a much larger market for upgrades for the other trucks than mine which has got me thinking. Hopefully you guys can point me in the right direction. Thanks
Old 04-28-2006, 04:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Mugen MST-1

http://www.nitrohouse.com/mugen_mst-1.htm

This is one of the top of the line cars, and it's hugely discounted. more than 50% just buy an engine for about $100 to $120 and use your old electronics. Bang your good to go!

Mugen, if you haven't heard of it, just ask some racers at your track about their reputation.

Oh yeah, your rustler will have a hard time keeping up with everyone else!
Old 04-28-2006, 05:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

The MST1 is a nice truck but i would go with the RC10gt. It this truck just out handles the competition. It may take a little practice to go fast but once you get the hang of it you'll be game.
Old 04-28-2006, 06:47 PM
Tech Regular

i would say keep your rustler until you can go thru a 6 min. qualifier without crashing. if you can do that and run ok lines i'am sure you will beat plenty of losi or assoc. vehicles. if you can do that and are still lagging behind the pack (the pack not pro drivers) then go ahead and upgrade. by then you should have gotten to know the guys at your track and you might be able to test drive a losi and a assoc. or mugen and pick which one you like best.
Old 04-28-2006, 07:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I have both a mst1, and a gt. MST1 is great on the clay, but when it comes to the dirt, you had better have a gt.
Old 04-30-2006, 04:46 PM
Tech Elite

i got a rc10GT and there pretty good...i think its a rc10GT with a rear end of the dt10 or the other way around....im pretty confused.....but its a REALY weak truck...i snapped the rear uni shaft somehow...freaking weird