Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New GT??

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2006, 06:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Oh, and how does the LRP Vtec .12 fit on the chassis? The engine has a SG shaft a slide carb.
Old 05-06-2006, 06:11 PM
Tech Elite

Davidka - I've yet to go to a "electric-style" track where gas truck could not achieve times within a small margin of modified truck. I think the 2wd gas truck class would, and should, excel the most at those kinds of tracks.

scrubb - I guarantee that if these trucks turn into 4WD and are then engineered accordingly, you will not find a super-cheap $7.00 pair of front arms. The parts will be close to what an 1/8th scale would cost.

Both the Factory Team GT and the AD2 come out of the box as full-option kits with all the goodies...comparing their sticker price to a cheap base-level 1/8th scale buggy isn't fair, you still get good bang for the buck with the GT and AD2, if you're looking to use it what it's intended for.

I do agree that gas truck is dying, I agree completely with that point and I think it sucks. I just don't think creating a third 4wd off-road nitro class will save it.
Old 05-06-2006, 06:20 PM
Tech Legend

Not even this new Gt-2 will help save the 1/10 ...

The tracks are being torn to pieces by the 1/8th scales , no way 1/10 will be regain its popularity as long as the tracks have the 1/8th`s running on um....
Old 05-06-2006, 06:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by annie_himself
Oh, and how does the LRP Vtec .12 fit on the chassis? The engine has a SG shaft a slide carb.
Go check out the B4 forums, they have the write up on it.

It uses the pilot shaft engines. Clutch comes with springs, probably just like an mip or similar.

You'll be able to buy the rear quickchange hub upgrade kit for the current gt and the T4.

As far as comparing to electric, I don't think I've ever turned a faster time yet with my T4 mod as my gt. Just got back from racing today and I qualified 7 seconds faster with my gt than with my T4 and a 14x2. But I've raced my gt much longer and know it alot better too.

They'll put the power down too. If people could just tame their trigger finger. Or realize that it's not a bad thing to limit the epa on your throttle. Or run a restrictor. Going fast down the straight isn't the only thing in racing.

Last edited by jbrow1; 05-06-2006 at 06:31 PM.
Old 05-06-2006, 06:50 PM
TCR
Tech Addict

Why dont they just call it the RC10 GT4 so it conforms with the rest of there products.

I know yokomo has an onroad car called a gt4.

But there wasn't a TC 1 or 2, they started at 3

or they could go with AD 4, lol since it escentially looks like an AD2

anyways all I can say is, It's about damm time.
Old 05-06-2006, 06:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

That thing looks sweet and a half. Kinda makes me wanna get back into 1/10 scale.
Old 05-06-2006, 07:00 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jbrow1
Go check out the B4 forums, they have the write up on it.

It uses the pilot shaft engines. Clutch comes with springs, probably just like an mip or similar.

You'll be able to buy the rear quickchange hub upgrade kit for the current gt and the T4.

As far as comparing to electric, I don't think I've ever turned a faster time yet with my T4 mod as my gt. Just got back from racing today and I qualified 7 seconds faster with my gt than with my T4 and a 14x2. But I've raced my gt much longer and know it alot better too.

They'll put the power down too. If people could just tame their trigger finger. Or realize that it's not a bad thing to limit the epa on your throttle. Or run a restrictor. Going fast down the straight isn't the only thing in racing.
Will it accept SG/Pilot and Threaded shafts?
Old 05-06-2006, 07:16 PM
Tech Elite

If you mean threaded like the current one uses I don't know, it didn't say. But I'm sure you could come up with something to make your old engine work.
Old 05-06-2006, 08:07 PM
Tech Master

It will use slide too? I wan't to use a STS .12; it has a threaded shaft and a slide carb.
The LRP in the pic has a rotary, I'm so confused.
Old 05-06-2006, 08:21 PM
Tech Elite

To use a slide carb you'll just have to set the linkage up differently. The threaded shaft though, you'll have to wait and see if that'll work. I doubt it since it's built for the other shaft. But surely anything is possible.
Old 05-06-2006, 08:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

The new GT2 looks sweet, it is promising to see the molded radio box and lack of RPM parts needed to complete an already expensive 2wd truck like the FT GT.

I don't think it looks like the AD2, except for the fact that they used an aluminum main chassis and molded upper radio tray and chassis stiffener, as well as a molded battery box. Not much choice.....The two don't look like they interchange and there are only so many ways to lay out the weight.

The rear brace looks cool too and the idler must be huge!

...Jim
Old 05-06-2006, 08:34 PM
Tech Master

That makes no sense, I know a lot of motors with a threaded shaft and slide carb but no rotary carb and SG shaft.
Edit: Needs to have the top deck removed or revised for easier acces, maybe a swivel/pivoting or hatch type "door". Also, the rear arms are a Xbox shape, weak part on the XC.

Last edited by annie_himself; 05-06-2006 at 10:30 PM.
Old 05-07-2006, 01:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

It looks like the AD2? Yes, It is a 2WD 1/10th scale nitro truck.......... There are rules and specifications that they need to design within. It says it is the same geometry, which has won how many races?........................... Order me one for sure AE, awesome work!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-07-2006, 05:48 AM
Tech Regular

A post on rc10b4.com lists the specs and says there is a threaded shaft clutch option they will sell, same with a side exhaust header. Not too many new .12 enigines out anymore that use a threaded shaft...

http://www.rc10b4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7534

Looks good to me, I've been waiting a few years for this to come out!
Old 05-07-2006, 07:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Not even this new Gt-2 will help save the 1/10 ...

The tracks are being torn to pieces by the 1/8th scales , no way 1/10 will be regain its popularity as long as the tracks have the 1/8th`s running on um....
Gosh, do you ever say anything positive?

As for me, I cant wait to get one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.