R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 10-09-2006, 09:03 PM   #211
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Sweet as, thanks kdub.

i know the Meilke pipes create a powerband for the 12 Mugen motors. Alot of power but hard to drive.

i might invest ina smoothy. Thanks
Old 10-09-2006, 10:15 PM   #212
Tech Master

oh smoothy yum! haha jk

My friend got the GT2 but i havent seen it yet. I hope to get it for the start of next season but i dont know if i can hang my old gt up.
Old 10-09-2006, 11:18 PM   #213
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarred King
Sweet as, thanks kdub.

i know the Meilke pipes create a powerband for the 12 Mugen motors. Alot of power but hard to drive.

i might invest ina smoothy. Thanks
If you bought the kit...you bought the smoothie. It is in the kit as well as the rear exhaust manifold.

Serpent America
Lunsford Racing
RCBLUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 03:38 PM   #214
Tech Addict

The 7995 smoothy muffler is not in the GT2 kit. There must have been some incorrect text posted on a website. The kit muffler #1774 is called the RPM muffler and is shorter than the smoothy pipe and also does not come with the built-in pressure fitting.
Old 10-10-2006, 04:13 PM   #215
Tech Elite

Awesome truck
Homer Allman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 04:27 PM   #216
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I stand corrected. I must have read it somewhere that said it was included.

Serpent America
Lunsford Racing
RCBLUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 06:22 PM   #217
Tech Master

Hey guys, well looks like im getting my GT2 today. Ill be the first in Australia to drive one. Anyhow, so the smoothy wont come in the kit? i need to buy seperate.? grr that sucks

JK
Old 10-10-2006, 07:43 PM   #218
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

First off I would like to say that Kdub and I have been discussing the whole hinge pin issue. I may have been hasty saying that I broke two of them when I actaully can't confirm what happend to the front pin. Either it broke or fell out, but since I don't have it to examine it, we can only specualte. I do have the rear and it is broken. So your mileage may vary given your track layout.

Jarred, I run step pins at my track. I am currently looking for new tires since the track has slowly been changing. They don't water it between every round of heats like they used to so it has slowly become a hard packed dusty track rutted from 1/8 scale buggies and truggies. I can't believe that you were lapped while driving your mugen. I actually tq'd a few times and won our spring points series going up against both GT's and Losi Drake 2's. Currently I am points leader and ran three of the races with the Mugen until I just switched to the GT2 this past weekend. So it can be competitive, but you need to drive with a lot of concentration. The GT2 is just so easy to drive. You will love it!
Associated SC10.2, RC10B2, RC10T2, RC10
pumpkinfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 07:53 PM   #219
Tech Master

anyone have experience running the novarossi CX12 in there GT2 or old GT. I am interesed in one byt need some insite on it first. i have always ran a mt12 almost two much motor for our small indoor track.
mugenb46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 08:06 PM   #220
Tech Master

Yeh thats good to hear. Im definatley putting waashers on the screw heads that hold the hinge pins in. Yeh i only ever got lapped once. With a MST- you really need to be on the ball with its setup and concerntrate...otherwise it slips away and is impossible to drive. Ive driven a GT and it was like sitting in a sunday chair....so layed back and so much pop over jumps, i cant even imagine what a GT2 will be like. GT2 = Domination.

hahaha its 12 pm here in Aus..( Lunch time ) our GT2 turned up at 10.45am and we got home at 10.55. Only 10 minutes late and we have to pick it up tomorrow....agggh thats annoying.
Old 10-11-2006, 11:09 AM   #221
Tech Adept

well jared your gonna love it on the track it handles so well its unbelievable its an awesome little truck!!! now go hunt down that darn ups guy!!! (or whatever you guys have down there)
spaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 09:14 PM   #222
Tech Master

yeh we call him the delivery guy

got the truck, its sweet.
JK
Old 10-12-2006, 04:56 AM   #223
Tech Adept

Lightbulb

Are you guys able to run the GT2 with a slide carb and pilot shaft or is everyone using a rotary carb? It looks like I might have to buy another carb or engine. More than likely, a engine since I don't want to wait for a carb to come in the mail.
mgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 03:44 PM   #224
Tech Addict

I am using the NTC3 clutch nut on my MT12 to get everything on. I think you can run slide if you feel like re-engineering the setup. That was the one thing I really liked about my Mugen MST-1. The manual showed you how to hook up both linkages. I did use both slide and rotary to feel the difference, so I feel I can say that rotary is definitely better for gas truck in the dirt!
Associated SC10.2, RC10B2, RC10T2, RC10
pumpkinfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 04:10 PM   #225
Tech Addict

Most "gas truck" motors on the market use the rotary carb and std. threaded crank....a lot because of the GT. All you need to get is the #2312 threaded crank clutch nut and those engines will fit into a GT2.

AE wanted to try and help the process of standardizing all .12s to the SG shaft (no crank cutting needed), but engine manufacturers are still offering the threaded crank.