Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Associated B7 and B7D >

Team Associated B7 and B7D

Like Tree698Likes

Team Associated B7 and B7D

Old 02-12-2024, 03:53 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Pistol123
4 B7's at Herts yesterday, but with the track being and staying wet and also some recent track work meaning there was also mud on the track, no b7's ventured out (that I saw) all were running their B6.4.
Interesting Abe, Kit and co? I would have thought they'd be getting the time in. However I think there is an AE/CML test this week, not sure where though.
Old 02-12-2024, 04:47 AM
Tech Adept

Has anyone run a B7 at Silverstone club yet? I've got the MKGP warmup meeting in a couple of weeks and not convinced my current setup for Cactus rears on EOS carpet is going to be any good at all with the Mezzo control tyre...
Would be nice to go with a decent starting setup if anyone has one!
Old 02-12-2024, 05:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by delanobe
Regarding the lack of steering I can give you the following important changes you need to do to:

V2 rear yellow spring or CR811 schumacher HF black spring. (The 13mm asso springs don't work in the rear).
Go to rear 0.5 toe.
Remove the spacer between the bulkhead.

With these changes it's as sharp as you would like it to be.
I didn’t try black, but I did try the blue core RC spring.

There’s no front bulkhead shim in the team setup, so that was already removed.

Toe I did set to as little as possible (out all the way in c block, and in all the way on d block and it helped a minor amount, but still need significantly more steering.
Old 02-12-2024, 06:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Originally Posted by andrewcoley
The whole 17.5 thing is bonkers to anyone outside the states. Cut gears, titanium everything, slipper eliminators so you can break the cut gearsÖ

Just race mod. Or at least make ALL the stock classes 10.5, then no worries about the expense for extra lightweight etc etc

Stock racing flat out round a track to me is like a slot car track where you donít have to lift to make any of the corners. Itís just not that fun.

I know this requires me to immediately retreat to a bunker 😂 but Iíd love you all to come and race Mod in Europe in one big class and measure yourself against the whole field and see how much fun it is. And how cheap it is too!!

Agreed. Our yank version of stock classes are a joke as well.
andrewcoley and BuggyFan21 like this.
Old 02-12-2024, 07:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by 3D-Seth
I didnít try black, but I did try the blue core RC spring.

Thereís no front bulkhead shim in the team setup, so that was already removed.

Toe I did set to as little as possible (out all the way in c block, and in all the way on d block and it helped a minor amount, but still need significantly more steering.
Not purchased a B7b yet, but on the kit setting the front hubs are set at +3mm, if you have +1 / +2 set you could try lowering them, on the 6.4 this always provided more overall steering, if you only have the kit top hats you could try going to 0mm but will probably find this provides too much steering.
Piles likes this.
Old 02-12-2024, 07:54 AM
Tech Initiate

Have a look at the eos setup from Alexander Landen, Kaerup and Jesper.
Good enough for a A final at the last EOS with all the top drivers from europe
Piles likes this.
Old 02-12-2024, 08:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

I haven’t had time to read through this yet so forgive me. I notice the manual mentions 3 and 4 gear transmission options.

are those specific to the B7? Are they available yet? Just wondering for low grip stuff.
Old 02-12-2024, 08:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Antimullet
I havenít had time to read through this yet so forgive me. I notice the manual mentions 3 and 4 gear transmission options.

are those specific to the B7? Are they available yet? Just wondering for low grip stuff.
That is probably an error in the manual and something that was copy/pasted from the B6 manual. The B6 had options for that and was actually originally designed that way. There has been no official information relating to that on the B7 platform.
Antimullet likes this.
Old 02-12-2024, 09:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Antimullet
I havenít had time to read through this yet so forgive me. I notice the manual mentions 3 and 4 gear transmission options.

I noticed when the kits first dropped someone posted a picture of the back of the manual saying a stand up version will be out. That is not listed in my manual so I think it must have been from a previous model manual.
Antimullet likes this.
Old 02-12-2024, 09:21 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi guys, the internal ratio of the B7 still remain the same like for B6.3/B6.4 (2.6) ??
thanks
Old 02-12-2024, 09:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by charlie63
Hi guys, the internal ratio of the B7 still remain the same like for B6.3/B6.4 (2.6) ??
thanks
yes
Old 02-12-2024, 09:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings
That is probably an error in the manual and something that was copy/pasted from the B6 manual. The B6 had options for that and was actually originally designed that way. There has been no official information relating to that on the B7 platform.
Originally Posted by trickedyfz450
I noticed when the kits first dropped someone posted a picture of the back of the manual saying a stand up version will be out. That is not listed in my manual so I think it must have been from a previous model manual.
They removed it. It was in the first version. Just a cut and paste error unfortunately.
Antimullet likes this.
Old 02-12-2024, 10:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kraig
The car is working pretty good this weekend at Trackside for the first JConcepts INS race. This is my first weekend driving my car on dirt. I donít know how to describe driving it other than it is a completely different animal than the 6.4 was. It is stable, fast, and a heck of a lot better than the driver is. 😁
Every time I was watching a car and thought to myself "that car looks good" it ended up being a B7 (non-pro drivers).

The B7 looked especially good in the sweeper...it would just go around smooth with zero tire skid or speed lost.

Rivkin won 2w (and 4w) and 7 of the 10 cars in 17.5 were B7s, although unfortunately Nate Sutherland drove unreal and won with a TLR. I didn't hear one word from anyone on the team about lack of power, too much heat, or lack of rear grip due to the 5-gear transmission.
b.j.a likes this.
Old 02-12-2024, 10:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by edman4523
All the 17.5 B7's at tonight race all lacked power (No punch out of the corner or anywhere on the track compared to the B6.4). The B6.4 is just plain out accelerating the B7. Just like we have been seeing in practice the last couple days. The drivetrain loss is immense. Anyone else seeing this?
See my post above.

I'd imagine that many of those 6.4s have slipper eliminators, MOD puck systems and/or ceramic bearings in them, none of which are readily available yet for the B7.
Old 02-12-2024, 10:48 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Pistol123
Just out of interest how are you getting 0.5 rear toe? From the manual it looks like middle is 3' and kit setup is 1 out in on the C mount, and 1 in on the D mount to give 1'.
Plenty of people are getting 0.5 degree or 0 degree toe. Theyíre just smashing out the hinge pin and inserts fron the C block in crashes. 😆

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.