Wiki Posts
Search

B6.1/T6.1 C/F under servo plate

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2020, 01:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default B6.1/T6.1 C/F under servo plate

I fully understand the removable carbon fiber ESC plate that Associated offers for their buggies and trucks. I even have one in both my buggy and my truck. But for the life of me I can't figure out what a carbon fiber plate under the servo would do other than look cool. There must be some logical answer. I mean the servo mounts to posts. Do some use these posts and Servo tape? Maybe the carbon fiber plate reduces for chassis Flex?
Old 02-17-2020, 01:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Milkdudd
I fully understand the removable carbon fiber ESC plate that Associated offers for their buggies and trucks. I even have one in both my buggy and my truck. But for the life of me I can't figure out what a carbon fiber plate under the servo would do other than look cool. There must be some logical answer. I mean the servo mounts to posts. Do some use these posts and Servo tape? Maybe the carbon fiber plate reduces for chassis Flex?
It technically adds a tiny bit of weight but it's basically just to look cool.
Old 02-17-2020, 04:08 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Di_spencer
It technically adds a tiny bit of weight but it's basically just to look cool.
Thanks. That is the only conclusion I could come to. It looks like I'm not as dumb as I thought I was
Old 02-17-2020, 04:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Makes it easier to access sensor port on esc too. Or to solder wires or caps to esc.
Old 02-17-2020, 04:35 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rcgod
Makes it easier to access sensor port on esc too. Or to solder wires or caps to esc.
Thanks for chiming in but I'm referring to the plate under the servo. I'm in full agreement of the benefits of the ESC plate. When I first got back into this I actually put the ESC plate in my B6.1 buggy because I only had one set of electrics. I knew I wanted to get a truck too and when I got the T6.1 I could just bring everything over by just taking out four screws that hold that plate and removing the motor still wired up. Turns out I found such good deals on this forum that I ended up buying a full second set of electrics anyway. That works out well because I take both the buggy in the truck to the track and can switch between them with just a few button pushes on my transmitter
Old 02-17-2020, 04:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Milkdudd
Thanks for chiming in but I'm referring to the plate under the servo. I'm in full agreement of the benefits of the ESC plate. When I first got back into this I actually put the ESC plate in my B6.1 buggy because I only had one set of electrics. I knew I wanted to get a truck too and when I got the T6.1 I could just bring everything over by just taking out four screws that hold that plate and removing the motor still wired up. Turns out I found such good deals on this forum that I ended up buying a full second set of electrics anyway. That works out well because I take both the buggy in the truck to the track and can switch between them with just a few button pushes on my transmitter
Sorry misunderstood your question. Yah the only reason I can see for the servo plate is bling.
Old 02-17-2020, 06:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

It's for weight for the Pro drivers.