R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 04-30-2006, 10:10 PM   #31
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The thing is......Mugen and Kyosho are like AE and Losi...they USED to dominate the market. (4wd i guess..haha they still do in 2wd) But like this last years 4wd class at the worlds...any of the bigger 1/8 off-road races we see about 5 different chassis in the A-mains. There are SOO many options for pro kits now that the driver truely does have alot of options rather than the two that were dominate in teh class for so long.

Mugen,Kyosho,Xray,Losi,GS,Jammin,Sportwerks,TTR, CEN,Odonnell(soon),OFNA.........AE???
runnin rc10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 10:25 PM   #32
Tech Apprentice

I hope it happens soon cause im really thinking of goin 1/8 scale and i would love to run something AE. O by the way guys the new GT is supposed to be at RCX this weekend. They had some cad drawings at the gas champs. so we'll just have to see.
BGrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 08:05 AM   #33
Tech Fanatic

anyone know when ae will be shipping ftb4 kits , thanks ray
ray3619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 10:36 AM   #34
Tech Apprentice

Hopefully soon they stopped shipping all of the T4 and B4 kits FT and RTR because they are doing a new race spec version of the RTR. So hopefully they will be shipping all of them out really soon cause my shop i work at is hurting. All the Pro kits stuff we have are losi and who wants to buy one of those. jk
Old 05-02-2006, 12:38 PM   #35
Tech Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to WildChild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGrcracer
I hope it happens soon cause im really thinking of goin 1/8 scale and i would love to run something AE. O by the way guys the new GT is supposed to be at RCX this weekend. They had some cad drawings at the gas champs. so we'll just have to see.

first off...truggy is not the best of both worlds...its like a clumbsy buggy...its too big...on the track i run...buggys wear out truggys all day...truggy is a fast...low CG monster truck...maybe it has a bigger track...wider and longer...but thats what it is...

second...if losi drops out a 1/8th AE cant help but drop one out...i still remember the days of comp between the losi drivers and the AE drivers...trash talking all the time...in good fun but still talkin...

third...i am leary of first gen stuff...lots of problems are not uncommon...i like to see it proven before i invest in it...and sometimes that dont work either...i know there will be lots of reviews in mags that will hype it up or run it down...but i drive totally drifferent than anyone at my track...my setup is different and i love it...???

in closing...i hope they do drop out an 1/8...

one last thing...1/8th will be here for a long time...electric is dying...gas is getting affordable for entry level and they are pretty competitive...and i left electric because its a batttery war...sure...you have to be able to drive...but when you have the pro's getting what they get...how can you ever think that you would ever to be able to beat them unless they broke? with gas its a whole different world...a really fun one...
WildChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 09:38 PM   #36
Tech Fanatic

so true cause the gas pros dont get anything special
ray3619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 11:21 PM   #37
Tech Apprentice

Ya electric is a battery war but its fun. i'll give it to the gas guys it can be more competitive to a point but you still the pros getting the better stuff so it's still hard to beat them. And yes if losi drops an 1/8 ae will as well just to kick there butt in another class. Even if its a TT remake .
Old 05-02-2006, 11:22 PM   #38
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

a true truggy was back in the day when you took a rc10 gold tub, stuck a A&L monster kit on it and stuck a car body on it and raced it ;-)
RCMits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 08:02 AM   #39
Tech Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to WildChild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray3619
so true cause the gas pros dont get anything special
in nitro...yeah the pro's get some special stuff but any ok nitro engine will yield plenty of power for a good driver to keep up...
WildChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 11:14 PM   #40
Tech Apprentice

Its not all about engines though. Most of the pros are using a new paior f tires every race. They have an edge there factory support though too. But whatever it will all be good as long as ae gets a buggy out soon. im ichin to go nitro racing again.