R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 04-28-2006, 11:29 AM   #16
Tech Apprentice

Not that thunder tigar is a bad company or anything i think they need to try something new like 1/10 truck or something. If you look at the top 10 at a big race you hardly ever see a TTR in it. AE could use some of the parts from it but i think it would see better if it had AE on the box. I work at a hobby shop in Southern Cali and we hardly ever sell thunder tigar stuff. I take that back we sell a lot of it its just all Raptor Helicopter stuff.
BGrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 12:01 AM   #17
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Talking 1/8 ae

one of the magazines had in the rumour column that guys from associted were seen buying all the top 1/8 buggies from a hobby shop in the area.the only reason you would do that is if you were working on your own 1/8.
Piss on holden
dallasv8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 12:23 AM   #18
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to annie_himself

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasv8
one of the magazines had in the rumour column that guys from associted were seen buying all the top 1/8 buggies from a hobby shop in the area.the only reason you would do that is if you were working on your own 1/8.
They just might, but the 1/8 scale class is overrated. By the time their buggy is out the class will be smaller and they will try a truggy then that would get smaller....my opinion.
annie_himself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 10:25 AM   #19
Tech Apprentice

How do you figure the 1/8 class will be smaller? If anything with AE and Losi coming into the class i think it would get a lot bigger. And when the truggy comes out that will get even bigger too. I don't think its possible for those classes to get smaller anytime soon.
Old 04-29-2006, 11:38 AM   #20
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to annie_himself

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGrcracer
How do you figure the 1/8 class will be smaller? If anything with AE and Losi coming into the class i think it would get a lot bigger. And when the truggy comes out that will get even bigger too. I don't think its possible for those classes to get smaller anytime soon.
Well as the years go on, most people keep there pro kits for years to come, not everyone buys the new kits when they come out. I think it will die out because racers want better better better and the companies try to produce. The cars will have literaly no room for improvement and it will die out. It will indeed grow this year and next because of the new Mugen Losi and maybe the AE buggy but its too many to chose from. Theres, what, about 10-15 competitve buggies to chose from now? I think its way too much and thats why its overrated. Just my opinion and I can add my two cents of your short a little....
annie_himself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 01:13 PM   #21
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Thunder Tiger already has to deal with the new 1/8th Losi taking away a big chunk of the buggy market..

No way they would allow losing even more Thunder Tiger customer`s to Ae !
Actually, if you looked at this from TT's view, an AE buggy is PRECISELY what they might need to do in order to be profitable in the 1/8th scale market. For the very reasons you described, AE will have a 1/8th buggy.

They wouldn't be "losing customers to AE"... they are AE.
Old 04-29-2006, 07:10 PM   #22
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to 2mcgrath Send a message via Yahoo to 2mcgrath

imo the 1/8 buggy class is booming in the racing world.so i think it would be in there best interest to come out with a 1/8 buggy.
2mcgrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 07:24 PM   #23
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason B
Actually, if you looked at this from TT's view, an AE buggy is PRECISELY what they might need to do in order to be profitable in the 1/8th scale market. For the very reasons you described, AE will have a 1/8th buggy.

They wouldn't be "losing customers to AE"... they are AE.

This is indeed correct, TT owns AE now. They bought them last year.
Old 04-30-2006, 09:26 AM   #24
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

One of the best marketing ploys going right now is taking the same product and giving it three names and selling it through three different marketing channels and through various buying groups. Many products are sold this way, Ofna, HoBao and Jammin is a good example. Sometimes this alone will double or triple sales. Subtle differences place the product in a slightly different market allowing consumers to differentiate and for retailers to maintain higher margins then if it was sold under one name. When you go to the store to pick up Kraft dinner, some buy the Kraft, some buy store brand, some buy premium store brand and some buy no name. The macaroni is basically the same it's just the cheese sauce and packaging that are different. Marketing dollars indicate that the Kraft is the best and you will pay more for it. I do. You will probably see TT start selling their product as AE with some changes as well you may see them start to produce house brands for some larger wholesellers like the Sportwerks brand Horizon sells. Generic or low end product is usually a good thing for a manufacturer as it can be used to fill production gaps or to use the machinery for a second or third shift with little or no extra capital expenditures.

In short TT would be crazy not to sell their product as AE, how they bring it to market is the tricky task.

Neil Armstrong 1968
Cammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 02:24 PM   #25
Tech Addict

general motors figured that out a looooooong time ago. chevy, olds, pontiac, buick.........
Losi XXX-MF2/CRC SC
B&T R/C - http://b-treman-rc.valp.net/btrchome.htm
dirtracer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 08:10 PM   #26
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammer
One of the best marketing ploys going right now is taking the same product and giving it three names and selling it through three different marketing channels and through various buying groups.

you have caught on to the big 3's marketing ploy, watch your back
o.s. power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 09:23 PM   #27
Tech Apprentice

I completly agree that it would be stupid for TT not to sell under AE They will sell a lot more even if they don't change much from there buggys right now. They would still probably sell more.
Old 04-30-2006, 09:58 PM   #28
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

if you remember back in 2003/04 i think it was... billy and the EB4 ;-) or was it 05... crap.. i cant remember :P
RCMits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 10:00 PM   #29
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Honestly Im shocked we havent seen a flat chassis version of the S3 labeled an AE yet. I would have thought AE would have jumped on this bandwagon a LONG time ago. Just the sheer dedication of their fans ensures good sales and representation. Same deal with Losi.
runnin rc10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 10:05 PM   #30
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by runnin rc10
Honestly Im shocked we havent seen a flat chassis version of the S3 labeled an AE yet. I would have thought AE would have jumped on this bandwagon a LONG time ago. Just the sheer dedication of their fans ensures good sales and representation. Same deal with Losi.
with Kyosho and Mugen dominating the market.. we'll see. Also, the chinese group Hobao (which looks like a cross between Kyosho and Mugen... hrmmm).

Would be nice.....
RCMits is offline   Reply With Quote