Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Anybody use MaxAmp Li-Po's or any Battery from them??? >

Anybody use MaxAmp Li-Po's or any Battery from them???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anybody use MaxAmp Li-Po's or any Battery from them???

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 09:26 AM
Tech Regular

Default Anybody use MaxAmp Li-Po's or any Battery from them???

Hey All

Was wondering if any of you guys have used there Batteries, Mainly looking at the Li-Po's, but would like to know how there other Batteries are.

Thanks!!!

Brad
Old 04-19-2006, 02:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

I haven't used the MaxAmp stuff, but I've used VXR Li-Pos distributed through TKO Competition Development. They work great, no issues as of yet. Just make sure everything is charged properly!
Old 04-19-2006, 04:07 PM
Tech Regular

Hey SavageSYNTH25

Thanks, but I'm looking for Motor/Controller Power Batteries, not Transmitter batteries...

As far as Charging, I've been doing Li-Po Heli's since the Li-Po's for them first can out. So I've got plenty of Chargers...hahaha

Have a Good One!!!

Brad
Old 04-20-2006, 11:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Max Amp batteries

These are not the type of battery you are using, but I have about 4 max amp batteries, 3300s, and have had no problems whatsoever with them. They seem to have good punch and lasting power, but I am not a battery expert. Seem fine to me, though.

Diane
Old 04-20-2006, 02:32 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have a few Max Amps batteries. They are some of the best packs I have. I matched them a couple of month ago on a TurboMatcher at 30 amps. They came back with 1.19 - 1.22 volts. Great batts . I am sure they are not all like that but they are worth a try.
Old 04-21-2006, 11:57 AM
Tech Regular

Hey ddcarter3

Thanks for the Reply!!!

So it sounds like they're Good for a Try...hahaha Well, I'm going to buy two of the 6000 packs to try out and see how it goes.

Have a Good One!!!

Brad
Old 04-21-2006, 01:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I have been using some Max Amps lipos in my 1/8 scale Buggies for a little while, and I love them. I have 6000mah and 8000mah packs that are wired in series to make 4s packs. I have been running them really hard because my buggy pulls big amps and I have had no problems whatsoever. I was using Thunder Power batteries previously and I think the Max Amps are every bit as good.
Old 04-21-2006, 01:44 PM
Tech Regular

Hey Cspurlock

What Motor and Controller are you running in that 1/8???

How many minutes of runtime do you get??? I'd like to do a Li-Po Truggy but since Races are about 26mins I'm not sure if a Battery will last that long without making it OverWeight compared to the Nitro's... Hows the Power of it against the Modded Nitro's???

Have a Good One!!!

Brad
Old 04-21-2006, 02:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I have tried about 5 different motor and controllers, but here is what I have found works the best.

NEU motor 1515 1Y
Quark controller 125 monster

The power is great in a buggy, not sure in a truggy. You could always get a differn't motor and go for a 5s lipo setup. That would make a lot more HP. My buggy is as fast as any mod'd nitro I have seen at the track. The big difference is that the electric has way more torque. Every time I let a Nitro guy drive my car, they are blown away how much torque it has.

We are going to test it this weekend and see how far we can go straight on a race track, but last weekend we got several runs of 15mins with no problems. I think we might make 25mins, we will have to see. I will let you know.

Last edited by Cspurlock; 04-21-2006 at 04:14 PM.
Old 04-22-2006, 08:33 AM
Tech Regular

Hey Cspurlock

NEU motor 1515, I think have one of these laying around somewhere. Used it on one of the Heli's...hahaha

Quark controller 125 monster, I'll have to look this one up. Hows the Start-up on it??? Does it have a low voltage start-up, so I Don't EAT Gears...hahaha Does the Controller have a Fan to cool it or is it Efficient enought to not need it???

Have a Great Time With that Buggy!!! Please Post the runtimes when you get them.

Have a Good One!!!

Brad