R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 12-25-2002, 02:35 AM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default Duratrax 1/10 buggy...bad tank???

Hey guys,

My buddy just bought this buggy and we've been having problems keeping it running. It would fire and then die almost immediately.

We eventually traced it to the tank, or it seems. If we pump the carb primer on the tank right before the motor died it would continue running, otherwise it would die.

I've heard those primer pumps are a source for leaks. Is there any way to pressure test the tank? Could it be something else? I checked the pressure line from the exhaust and it looked OK.

Thanks!
John
jvannghi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2003, 08:39 AM   #2
Tech Rookie

Most likely the primer is bad. That is fairly common on tanks that have primers. You can cut off the top of the primer shaft, punch the remaining primer into the tank and remove it. Now just fill the hole that is left with a tight fitting screw (with a little sealer if you have it) and it should be fine.

Hank
Team RCV - http://www.teamrcv.com
hankster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2003, 10:26 AM   #3
Tech Rookie

Thanks Hankster, I'll give it a try!

John
jvannghi is offline   Reply With Quote