Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Practice Tires for Stadium Truck >

Practice Tires for Stadium Truck

Practice Tires for Stadium Truck

Old 11-30-2022, 02:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Practice Tires for Stadium Truck

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I am currently running 2wd buggy on an indoor carpet track and would like to run stadium truck. Built a new T6.2 to run at the track, but I would like to find some tires to use to practice with my stadium truck at my house. The track is over an hour away and I cannot get to the track as often as I would like but I have a course that I run at my house to practice. Part of it is grass/dirt and part is on my sidewalk and driveway. I need a set of 2.2 stadium truck tires that will last running at the course I use a my house. I am thinking about JConcepts Carvers for the front and HPI D compound Ground Assault tires in the rear. The ground assault tires look like slightly larger blocks and might last a little longer on the concrete. I want to run something similar to the JConcepts pins down (size wise) for the track but would like something with a slightly larger block pattern in the back that will hold up.

Anyone have any suggestions?
Old 11-30-2022, 03:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 167 (100%+)

HPI Yokohama Geolander for the rear. They are discontinued but you can still find them on eBay every now and then.
Old 11-30-2022, 06:21 PM
Tech Rookie

I also practice stadium truck at home on a “course” that is mixed grass and concrete and patio tile. now have roughly 7 months of running on these surfaces. Carpet tires (Proline Prism Z3) were too hard with little grip (but zero wear), then moved to JConcepts Flip Outs (green compound) both front and rear which gripped nicely however wore quickly on the concrete. Lately have been running Proline Holeshots (M3 compound) both front and rear and feel similar level of grip to the Flip Outs with good wear rate across these surfaces (maybe 20 packs on the Holeshots without noticeable wear yet). YMMV.
Old 12-01-2022, 06:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Medium compound for abrasive pavement and Soft for grass/dirt:

https://rawspeedrc.com/super-mini-st...-inserts-1-pr/

Last edited by billdelong; 12-01-2022 at 06:37 AM.
Old 12-06-2022, 03:10 PM
Tech Regular

For outdoor mixed-surface play I'd stick Trencher T's on all four corners. The setup outdoors won't be anything like what you run for carpet.... and if you just decide to keep the carpet setup for when you're outside too the higher profile will give you a bit more clearance (that you'll probably need in the grass). If you find it pushes too much then yeah Carvers are good on dirt in the front. That's what I did for my T5M outside.
Old 12-08-2022, 07:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I've had my eyes on these for awhile but it looks like they're out of stock. I hope they come back:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._8?smid=&psc=1

Looks like they're still available through Ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/28260398161...Bk9SR-S10aOeYQ
Old 12-14-2022, 04:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I use the Pro-Line Trenchers and the Duratrax DTXC5103. The Pro-Lines are better for the loose stuff and the Duratrax is better on the harder stuff. They last a decent amount of time also.