Search
Like Tree107Likes

What happend to Ryan Harris

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2022, 04:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stranger0429
just want to show my support to your videos. A fan from Taiwan.
thanks!
Old 12-05-2022, 06:05 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Old 12-05-2022, 07:06 AM
Tech Addict

I hope he heals up quick and nothing is too serious. I road raced for over 10 years and luckily never had any serious life threatening accidents but a few trips to the ER along with all the other minor injuries that add up, motorcycle crashes can really take a toll on the body, especially when you aren't a kid.

Best wishes to Ryan and his family while he recovers. Also nice to see that he still represents some of his favorite RC brands on his moto gear!
jph98, themountain, bratan and 1 others like this.
Old 12-06-2022, 11:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Ouch. Coming from someone who had similar injuries at a similar age to Ryan (mine was bicycle vs truck, my chest was smashed to bits and I ended up with part of my lungs and ribs removed) it’s not an easy road to come back from. Potentially mental barrier as well as physical as well.

The injuries I suffered and inability to get back on a bike was what got me into RC racing…

Wish him a speedy recovery.
ChadoSan likes this.
Old 12-06-2022, 11:37 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mediumquick
Ryan will soon learn he's too old for this sport. It's great if you're 16 to 19 years old.
So back to RC toy cars pretty soon.... all it takes is a couple broken bones and slow healing
Don't ask me how I know
Prophetic...
HeavyD99 and ChadoSan like this.
Old 12-07-2022, 06:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Wow, that's terrible. I just checked his wife's IG and it sounds like he's already improving and might be ready to go home soon so that's really good to see. Hopefully he has a speedy recovery and a good support network around him.
Old 12-07-2022, 09:43 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by cplus
Ouch. Coming from someone who had similar injuries at a similar age to Ryan (mine was bicycle vs truck, my chest was smashed to bits and I ended up with part of my lungs and ribs removed) it’s not an easy road to come back from. Potentially mental barrier as well as physical as well.

The injuries I suffered and inability to get back on a bike was what got me into RC racing…

Wish him a speedy recovery.
You beat me to it - If I went through that and not a professional racer, I personally would have serious reservations about mounting a bike again. Here’s wishing him a speedy recovery!
Rcdad42 likes this.
Old 12-07-2022, 08:52 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Well, that didn't take very long!
Old 12-08-2022, 10:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hope Ryan heals quickly as possible. Broken ribs and a partially collapsed lung from trying to race BMX again at 56 years old led me back to RC.........
Old 12-08-2022, 04:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Rc is the safest and most affordable motorsport. But nothing else compares to having your butt on the seat of the machine. Bodies are soft and earth is hard. Glad he's not dead or paralyzed He must have made a a few deposits and the big guy was looking out for him. Get better soon. Don't know if he's active on the forums.
Rcdad42 likes this.
Old 12-12-2022, 09:53 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 76jimmy
Rc is the safest and most affordable motorsport. But nothing else compares to having your butt on the seat of the machine. Bodies are soft and earth is hard. Glad he's not dead or paralyzed He must have made a a few deposits and the big guy was looking out for him. Get better soon. Don't know if he's active on the forums.
Coming from someone who’s had to dodge an 8th scale on road race car flying at me off the main straight while turn marshaling years ago, I’d say it’s the 2nd safest…🙂 PC Sim racing on an immersive rig is right up there as well - and arguably just as pricey, but I like the social aspect and comraderie of RC racing.
76jimmy and bratan like this.
Old 02-21-2023, 11:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Strange...

I do find it odd that he would just disappear. You'd think that after spending so much time creating his channel, he would at least make a short explanation video of why content would stop. After years of asking people to subscribe, and making money off his videos, that he would at least give his supporters a "thanks for the time you spent" type of thing. No judgement, perhaps he has his reasons, but, he never came off as the loaner type...
Old 02-21-2023, 10:08 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by seatstothewind
I do find it odd that he would just disappear. You'd think that after spending so much time creating his channel, he would at least make a short explanation video of why content would stop. After years of asking people to subscribe, and making money off his videos, that he would at least give his supporters a "thanks for the time you spent" type of thing. No judgement, perhaps he has his reasons, but, he never came off as the loaner type...
He put out great content and his appreciation for his subscribers is genuinely seen through his content, imo. The dude went through what seems to be a life changing accident. He wasn't paying his bills via youtube clicks and subscribers. he doesn't owe his followers anything.
nrtv20, petersen114 and Buckland like this.
Old 02-22-2023, 02:16 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wely324
He put out great content and his appreciation for his subscribers is genuinely seen through his content, imo. The dude went through what seems to be a life changing accident. He wasn't paying his bills via youtube clicks and subscribers. he doesn't owe his followers anything.
Did I miss something? I'm sure he's still recovering and getting used to life again after the accident.
Old 02-22-2023, 10:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

As some of you know, I'm more into dirt bikes than RC. Dirk bike riding is no joke. Like any rider will tell you, it's not "If you crash," it's "When you crash." And when you crash, it's going to do some damage. You are traveling at a high speed while on a 250 pound bike. When you go down, most of the time, that bike will end up on top of you at some point during the crash. The older you get, more damage occurs and it takes a lot longer to heal. Not to mention, it hurts a lot more. I used to launch off big jumps pull wheelies for miles. After a couple wrecks, I decided to keep my tires on the ground. It took me 6 months to recover from dislocating my knee.I currently ride a modded CR500, which is one of the most powerful dirt bikes ever built. At 50 yrs old, I'm looking at stepping down to a less powerful bike.

I hope Ryan pulls through and doesn't give up on riding. I know it will take some time get confident again, but I'm pretty sure his speed will be much slower. I wouldn't doubt if he starts up RC more often again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.